Official iOS devices thread

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
And this is the Wired connection I'm dealing with... don't get me started on the issues of iTunes Wi-Fi syncing :-D. That has never worked for me in the 9.5 years of iOS devices ownership except for 1 occasion.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes. The “Trust this computer” message appears but nothing is happening. The PC is already authorised in iTunes though this message keeps appearing everytime.
Try with a laptop usb port having manufacturer pre-installed win 10/11 with not much tweaks except for the regular ones, maybe some issue with your windows install on pc especially if you are using some sort of "optimization/privacy" script/software for win 10/11.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Try with a laptop usb port having manufacturer pre-installed win 10/11 with not much tweaks except for the regular ones, maybe some issue with your windows install on pc especially if you are using some sort of "optimization/privacy" script/software for win 10/11.

I did reset my PC and it worked for the first occasion which was couple of weeks ago but today I tried to connect and it failed again like the previous windows. I’m using no special software / script for optimisation / privacy.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I did reset my PC and it worked for the first occasion which was couple of weeks ago but today I tried to connect and it failed again like the previous windows. I’m using no special software / script for optimisation / privacy.
Seems like some sort of driver/software conflict not there with a freshly installed/reset windows.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Check again with Clean Boot approach. Search google how to boot ur Windows 10/11 in Clean Boot mode, if you are not familiar.
Also make sure that if there's an option called eHCI Handoff, it's enabled in the Firmware. By default it should be.

Last edited:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Today I tried Updating iOS in my iPhone 12 to iOS 17 in my office computer but I got the same error as in my home PC.
I’m trying to upgrade to iOS 17 through iTunes due to storage constraints on iPhone but iTunes says “This version of iPhone software (16.6) is the current version”. It is not updating my iPhone.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Today I tried Updating iOS in my iPhone 12 to iOS 17 in my office computer but I got the same error as in my home PC.
I’m trying to upgrade to iOS 17 through iTunes due to storage constraints on iPhone but iTunes says “This version of iPhone software (16.6) is the current version”. It is not updating my iPhone.
Check in apple forums, there might be a legitimate reason why it is not updating on your devices via itunes.

tomatoguy

Broken In
Is your iTunes getting connected to the Internet? Try uninstalling and reinstalling. Its usually the case when the application is not able to fetch the latest data from the update center.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Why not updating from the device itself? if it still has issues, create a backup. Factory reset the phone, restore the backup and try again

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Sorry for late replying… I was able to update to iOS 17 through my iPhone only and with no intervention of iTunes coz it never worked.

I had Beta Updates turned on and when I turned it off then iOS 17 got installed without any error/warning.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
True :) try to buy some used old iOS device then if possible.

Not feasible since old iOS devices may not be compatible with the new updates or possess the new features

Also maintaining a device which you no longer use is a problem. I have my iPhone 4 (2014), iPhone 5S (2013), iPad Mini 1st Gen (2015) lying at my house unused since they won’t charge.

Top Bottom