Official iOS devices thread

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Why am I & few other colleagues in office also receiving the message to update payment details in Apple ID.

I have a recurring payment for iCloud storage. All was fine since 2016 but suddenly this issue popped up for the first time.

Message displays:

“Update Payment Details
There was a problem with your iCloud+ subscription payment. Update your payment details to keep your iCloud+ with 2 TB of storage plan. “
this is why apple offered a 20% bonus to Indian users to add funds to their apple id till 31st dec.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
is there any solution to this?

no idea. my first payment wil come in feb iirc and i haven't received any such message till now though i have added a card so i will only come to know then. i am not using much on apple ecosystem. i received an email from hdfc regarding this direction which asked me to add the subscriptions to their smart pay option but afaik apple is not there.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
is there any solution to this?
No solution other than hoping either the service provider establish a tie-up with one of the leading Indian banks to start supporting new rbi rules regarding recurring payments or allow the recurring payment invoice to be generated for manual payment later once the recurring auto payment setup on card fails.
@vidhubhushan

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
No solution other than hoping either the service provider establish a tie-up with one of the leading Indian banks to start supporting new rbi rules regarding recurring payments or allow the recurring payment invoice to be generated for manual payment later once the recurring auto payment setup on card fails.
@vidhubhushan
i am not that worried as its just apple music subscription so if it fails, i might add money in apple id. they might also tie up with banks to include these subscriptin as bills etc. to be used for recurring payments like smartpay of hdfc.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Since the new RBI rule change of online merchant transactions. You will have to enter CVV everytime. I use google pay and each transaction brings me to the Bank Secure webpage for CVV which was not the case before.
do you pay for any apple subscription? i am not sure how to do this cant see any option.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Then you will have to reenable the card from the Bank I guess. Or send an email to apple about the issue.
Card is working everywhere just not on apple.I searched on net its a generic issue now in india Now only option is to add funds to apple wallet and use.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Card is working everywhere just not on apple.I searched on net its a generic issue now in india Now only option is to add funds to apple wallet and use.
well i will add some money if it fails next month when it is due for the first time

@theterminator @vidhubhushan Today my apple music subscription auto pay via my cc failed first time Have you guys got any solution for it yet? except adding funds.

looks like no problems at your end and apple needs to do something here which they have not done.
check these -> FAQs - Important update on recurring merchant payments on your Credit/Debit Card
*www.online.citibank.co.in/products...erchants-supporting-standing-instructions.pdf

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
well i will add some money if it fails next month when it is due for the first time

looks like no problems at your end and apple needs to do something here which they have not done.
check these -> FAQs - Important update on recurring merchant payments on your Credit/Debit Card
*www.online.citibank.co.in/products...erchants-supporting-standing-instructions.pdf

Today I got a message from my credit card company about a recurring debit of my netflix payment. It will be auto debited unless I change it.
The same card doesn’t work at Apple. I have to add funds to ID then it will debit. So no solution at Apple.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Today I got a message from my credit card company about a recurring debit of my netflix payment. It will be auto debited unless I change it.
The same card doesn’t work at Apple. I have to add funds to ID then it will debit. So no solution at Apple.

looks like apple needs to do something which they haven't and are not interested doing. may be that is why they offered a 20% bonus till 31/12/21 for the amount added to apple id

powerstarprince

In the zone
Guys, is it mandatory to stop using the device once you see that temperature overheat symbol on your iPhone? For some reason when I put my iPhone SE for charge it gets super hot and stops charging until I use airplane mode to reset service. It gets no service on it's own or very little signal at most times and I can see that usage in battery and the battery percentage also drains like crazy. Should I replace my battery I know it's degraded since its health is at 78% and continue to use it as normal. The problem of heat and battery percentage drain could be because of no service on the phone.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Guys, is it mandatory to stop using the device once you see that temperature overheat symbol on your iPhone? For some reason when I put my iPhone SE for charge it gets super hot and stops charging until I use airplane mode to reset service. It gets no service on it's own or very little signal at most times and I can see that usage in battery and the battery percentage also drains like crazy. Should I replace my battery I know it's degraded since its health is at 78% and continue to use it as normal. The problem of heat and battery percentage drain could be because of no service on the phone.

For clarification, is it SE Old version or the new one released in 2020?

If the old version, then it can be also some fault in logic board as it is common in old phones. Better get it checked.

powerstarprince

In the zone
For clarification, is it SE Old version or the new one released in 2020?

If the old version, then it can be also some fault in logic board as it is common in old phones. Better get it checked.
It's the old SE and yeah it could be a problem but I haven't done nothing never dropped the phone nor spilled water and I have no idea how it happened. However, I want to use this phone for a couple more years so I want to upgrade the battery for better daily backup and also in the hope that it could solve some of those network issues or battery percentage drops. I have no idea where to get it checked. I went to the official apple store and authorized service center twice but they said no problems with the device and if I face such issues and it's not under warranty then get a new one. So it really sucks and my only hope is to try a new battery cause I have seen them issues happen when the battery health has dropped down to 89% or so after nearly two years.

Last edited:
Top Bottom