Official iOS devices thread

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

^^ allow u to customise ur desktop of iphone like -wallpaper,theme etc

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

Ok , i have jailbreaked my ipod touch 2g but the problem is that summerboard does not work . Is there any other software like summerboard that allows to put wallpapper on springboard .
If not summerboard then use winterboard,if that doesn't even work try RainBoard to customise springboard.If all fail then thrown it onto blackboard!!!Hehehehe:mrgreen:
Jokes apart WinterBoard works well with iPod touch Bro,i've been using that for quite sometime now.No problems with it so far.Summerboard did not work well with mine too.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

hey i m installing CIDE dictionary but every time it failed in half process any other good dictionary i try from cydia and ICY

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜

@sriharsha_madineni
Have a look at this img. Compair the 1st arrow with the 2nd one.. The first arrow part is comming out and the 2nd arrow part is ok.
*img34.imageshack.us/img34/1918/dsc00315e.jpg

Ya i have warranty but will they give warranty...anyways am going to airtel shop now.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

This should come under manufacturing defect na,Why won't they consider it under warranty?Anyways what did the Airtel guys say?

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜

Airtel guys were good till now. I just showed them the problem and they told to take a backup of all the data (Best part: And also told to restore the firmware just to be on safer side as if jail broken there may be problem)and give them. They may need 7 days to repair it. I told i will give on Monday.Will update you guys! Hope everything goes well... i just love it so much :(

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

Everything will be ok. Heard that AirTel-Apple customer service is considered as one of the best. A friend of mine has swapped his iPhone due to some manufacturing defects.

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted

If not summerboard then use winterboard,if that doesn't even work try RainBoard to customise springboard.If all fail then thrown it onto blackboard!!!Hehehehe:mrgreen:
Jokes apart WinterBoard works well with iPod touch Bro,i've been using that for quite sometime now.No problems with it so far.Summerboard did not work well with mine too.
Sorry for the late reply and jokes apart , still summer or winterboard or any other cydia apps dont work , i had downloaded nes and gba emulators and when i click their icon a white screen flashes for few seconds and then i am taken back to the springboard . I have set correct file permission and and also downloaded the bios file . Is there any expert member on this .

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom

Hey guys, long time since I've been here. I am getting a friend to jailbreak and will get my ipod back tmr. Is it true that I can install free apps? If I do download the apps will they be in iTunes after syncing? Thanks

Ei8t

Journeyman

hi, i need to update my jailbreaked iphone (old one 1.1.3) to the latest version.. can we update it directly from itunes or there is some other way to update the jailbreaked ones.. can any one help.. i dont hav access to wifi... thanks..

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted

hi, i need to update my jailbreaked iphone (old one 1.1.3) to the latest version.. can we update it directly from itunes or there is some other way to update the jailbreaked ones.. can any one help.. i dont hav access to wifi... thanks..
First of all you should download the latest firmware ie 2.2.1 ( use google search for it ) and update it using itunes and then you will need to jailbreak your iphone again .

Ei8t

Journeyman

First of all you should download the latest firmware ie 2.2.1 ( use google search for it ) and update it using itunes and then you will need to jailbreak your iphone again .

thanks.. but how do i jailbreak it again.. do i need any software.. if u know any please let me know.. thanks...

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted

thanks.. but how do i jailbreak it again.. do i need any software.. if u know any please let me know.. thanks...
Use redsnow it is best and easiest for jailbreaking 2.2.1 . if you want i can pm you all download links and tutorial .

Ei8t

Journeyman

Use redsnow it is best and easiest for jailbreaking 2.2.1 . if you want i can pm you all download links and tutorial .

ya that will be better... mine is already jailbreaked but i want to update it to the latest version and restore it to the factory settings. so it would really help if u give me the tutorial as to how to go about... thanks...

rohan_mhtr

Most wanted

ya that will be better... mine is already jailbreaked but i want to update it to the latest version and restore it to the factory settings. so it would really help if u give me the tutorial as to how to go about... thanks...

OK check ur PM .
By the way you dont want to jailbreak again after installing new firmware ?
If that is the case then just download the firmware file from the link i have provided and restore your ihone with that file using itunes .

harshal009

Right off the assembly line

Apple has reduced the 3G rates to $99 in US, will the rates be slashed in india too?

-Harshal

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

Apple and AT&T actually sold iphone 3G at a subsidized price in the US from the beginning,so don't be fooled by the 99$ price,just go through this post,it is already discussed here.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96868
I don't think apple is going to do the same in India,so I expect no price drops.
P.S: Harshal check my pm.

Last edited:

harshal009

Right off the assembly line

yes I am aware about the subsidised prices. but the price of 31k was with respect to 199$ in the US, now when 199$ is changed to 99$, i was wondering if they will be reducing the prices in india too.

*tech2.in.com/india/news/smart-mobile-phones/wwdc-09-the-iphone-3gs-cometh/71362/0

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

Wow thanks for the update Harshal,I knew that there would be an announcement on 8th june at WWDC,but forgot to check the update.

Top Bottom