Official iOS devices thread

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
iPhone OS 3.0 coming June 17

iPhone OS 3.0 will be in our hands in a little more than a week. It will cost $9.95 for iPod touch users and it will be free for iPhone owners.
SOURCE:iPodtouchfans.com
Ahh!! finally I can use my Motorola S9 stereo bluetooth headset with my iPod touch.

harshal009

Right off the assembly line
re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

I tried calling the airtel support. the dumb rep didnt' know anything about apple iphone she said, if u have any query about airtel i'll be able to help u, u need to contact apple or airtel relation center for any iphone queries.. how dumb. :x

ksundar

Broken In

iPhone 3G 'S' is official now:

*pcworld.in/india/news/6619160/PDAs...eils_Faster_iPhone_3G_S_Slates_June_19_Launch

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜

ya and here also... hope it comes to india soon *www.apple.com/iphone/iphone-3g-s

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

My guess for 8GB iPhone 3G is Rs. 15k to Rs. 17K
iPhone would be sold like hot cakes if it drops to that price.:mrgreen:

Kaushik what's the update on your iPhone,is it back from service center?

Last edited:

the.kaushik

iPhone would be sold like hot cakes if it drops to that price.:mrgreen:

Kaushik what's the update on your iPhone,is it back from service center?

No bro... my office work has became so tight scheduled for last two weeks that am not getting time at all even to go to airtel relationship office which is very far from my house. Probably i will go today.

the.kaushik

My guess for 8GB iPhone 3G is Rs. 15k to Rs. 17K. :)

If its so then problem for existing iphone 3G owner as what will be our sell price if we want to buy a new one... anyways the price given in the website is with AT&T 2yrs subscription. My guess if it comes to India price should be 32k for iphone 3Gs and iphone 3G to reduce to 25k for 8GB.. just guessing...

Guys what about palm pre.. Many fans of palm pre were here.. hows is it hitting the market...

Pat

Beyond Smart

Forget about getting the 3G for 15-17k! It is no way going to be sold for less than 25k!!

Artemis

The Last Puff

I am planning to buy an iphone 3g from the US, though i need to crack it to be used in India, I wanted to knw if its done easily in India, or u can do it on ur own or nt??
Can i hav the tutorials, and the requisite software links for that

Artemis

The Last Puff

I am planning to buy an iphone 3g from the US, though i need to crack it to be used in India, I wanted to knw if its done easily in India, or u can do it on ur own or nt??
Can i hav the tutorials, and the requisite software links for that

Pat

Beyond Smart

First, a contract free iPhone 3G does not come cheap in US. Secondly, if you buy a new 3G now, you will not be able to software unlock it at the moment.

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone

Guys what about palm pre.. Many fans of palm pre were here.. hows is it hitting the market...

The phone has been a sell out. However pity its only on CDMA network we need to wait till GSM version comes out. BTW Palm has negligible distribution outside US.

Forget about getting the 3G for 15-17k! It is no way going to be sold for less than 25k!!

My guess was based on interpolation and some logic. However when it comes to pricing Apple doesn't have one. So really I don't know ; lets hope for the best.

Pat

Beyond Smart

I read somewhere that the older iPhone 3G will not be sold in the Indian market after the 3GS comes. So people expecting a cheaper 3G can pretty much forget about it.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!

how long i have to wait for this god..

wth.. cant somebody put some sense into apple india guys. :evil:

Ei8t

Journeyman

hi guys.. what if i bought an iphone3G from US? can i use it in India.. what abt the service provider contract in US? Is it possible to bring the iphone to india and unlock it here and use it? thanks..

the.kaushik

hi guys.. what if i bought an iphone3G from US? can i use it in India.. what abt the service provider contract in US? Is it possible to bring the iphone to india and unlock it here and use it? thanks..

Hi As told by Pat before in this page.. if you are buying an unlocked iphone 3G from US it will cost you more than india. And if you are doing a backorder like taking 2yrs agreement with AT&T then you wont get an unlocked iphone. TO UNLOCK you need to do a SIM Unlock which is the only way still now and will cost you around 1k. Problem is this is not a fixed solution means it is no gurrentee that after you do a SIM unlock how long it works.. Usually when you change place say you go to roaming it gets locked again.. I have friends who are facing problem. There is another way call "YellowSnow" . Dont know how success it is. If you really want to use iphone unlocked my suggestion go for iphone 2G else wait for some time and buy an unlocked iphone 3G or 3Gs

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz

I really miss my iPhone 3G,

Sold it in a hurry due to crisis!

I hope I'll be back in this thread with iPhone 3G"S" !!!!!

pskunk

Right off the assembly line

I am just hoping that Airtel and Vodafone will cut the price of iphone 3G (I suspect they will, marginally ofcourse) else how will they sell the new 3GS. They are already charging us arms and legs for the 3G..there is nothing left they can ask of us more! lets pray!

the.kaushik

.............They are already charging us arms and legs for the 3G..there is nothing left they can ask of us more! lets pray!

Means? Iphone 3G was priced less in india when compaired to US price

Top Bottom