Official iOS devices thread

Pat

Beyond Smart
re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

Thanks Pat Updated to 2.2 using the iClarified steps. It was pretty smooth, no hiccups. Although one things in notice that after updating the iphone has becoming little buggy and slow. For eg.. sometimes it take more then expected time just to show contacts and even shows a black screen once in a while :| , any idea on what may be causing it?

No idea really :( But have you tried rebooting your iPhone ? Also if you have jailbroken your iPhone, installing certain apps like winterboard does affect the performance.

dd_wingrider

In the zone

Hmmm yup it can be a problem but i am not sure, as first time i fired up cydia it installed hell lots of updates. may that is causing the problem. Any idea on how to remove apps which are loaded form cydia? as i dont see uninstall option like you for installer apps?

virilecliffhanger

I ain't afraid of nothin'

Is the interface of new version completely in English ? Last time I tried it could read my messages/contacts etc. Is it possible to send sms from pc connected to iPhone now ?

Thats wat i'm talking bout.
99% in english...hmm...100%
You can send sms from PC itself .. U can open the directory listing... copy paste anything in there!!!
you can backup things.... you can add ringtones.. you can do whatever you want like anyother pc suite...
Best Thing is that you can easily install IPA and PXL apps!!! Thats wat i'm crazy about!!
download any version of it and autoUpdate it... thats it!! Don't try to search for the latest version on net... just update !!! gud luk

Pat

Beyond Smart

Thats wat i'm talking bout.
99% in english...hmm...100%
You can send sms from PC itself .. U can open the directory listing... copy paste anything in there!!!
you can backup things.... you can add ringtones.. you can do whatever you want like anyother pc suite...
Best Thing is that you can easily install IPA and PXL apps!!! Thats wat i'm crazy about!!
download any version of it and autoUpdate it... thats it!! Don't try to search for the latest version on net... just update !!! gud luk

Thanks for the heads up, will try it soon! I hope they have a Mac version though :)
Update: No Mac version it seems :(
*www.ipcsuite.com/

Hmmm yup it can be a problem but i am not sure, as first time i fired up cydia it installed hell lots of updates. may that is causing the problem. Any idea on how to remove apps which are loaded form cydia? as i dont see uninstall option like you for installer apps?

You can remove them by going to "Manage -> Packages" in Cydia :)

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

@dd_wingrider: Don't jailbreak your phone and it will be spiffy fast and stable.

virilecliffhanger

^^ Dude... Good Advice but .. you need to sacrifice a bit of speed if u want ur hands on some cool apps!!

Thanks for the heads up, will try it soon! I hope they have a Mac version though :)
Update: No Mac version it seems :(
*www.ipcsuite.com/

I have to admit, even though mac is excellent like iphone, that most of the softs that are released are done so for windows... i don't know whether its a sad thing but thats how it is!! Don't get me wrong .. but its how the world is!!!

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy

^^ Dude... Good Advice but .. you need to sacrifice a bit of speed if u want ur hands on some cool apps!!

I have to admit, even though mac is excellent like iphone, that most of the softs that are released are done so for windows... i don't know whether its a sad thing but thats how it is!! Don't get me wrong .. but its how the world is!!!
OMG OMG! That's the joke of the century! Didn't know if I needed to have a good laugh I had to come to ThinkDigit forum!

Pat

Beyond Smart

Performance does degrade if you install winterboard. But other than that, I dont think it is a problem.

No doubt about it. But then I have no issues with it. Mac has comparatively lesser but better-quality applications than Windows. And yes, we always have the option of BootCamp and VMWare Fusion ;)

virilecliffhanger

OMG OMG! That's the joke of the century! Didn't know if I needed to have a good laugh I had to come to ThinkDigit forum!
No offence mate!
But I 'm not fukn glad that u had a laugh out of my post which is worth my sweat i shed to make it! LOL
Anyway... isn't tat true mate? u can't get many of the enhancements if u r not gonna jailbreak....b clear mate than just giving glimpses of the sarcastic moments u were gulping!?

Performance does degrade if you install winterboard. But other than that, I dont think it is a problem.

No doubt about it. But then I have no issues with it. Mac has comparatively lesser but better-quality applications than Windows. And yes, we always have the option of BootCamp and VMWare Fusion ;)

Bull's eye mate.
Mac is very robust rocksolid....but the odds are against...

Pat, other dudes,
Please tell me one thing..
I have a 3G iphone of US and i need to jaibreak it... Will it work perfectly after that? like my 2G JB one? I mean.. i just want to know how good the results are so that I can go ahead and do it... I know that yellowsnow isn't perfectly making the unlock thingy for 3G...so ill wait for unlock!
ANy thoughts?

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart

Pat, other dudes,
Please tell me one thing..
I have a 3G iphone of US and i need to jaibreak it... Will it work perfectly after that? like my 2G JB one? I mean.. i just want to know how good the results are so that I can go ahead and do it... I know that yellowsnow isn't perfectly making the unlock thingy for 3G...so ill wait for unlock!
ANy thoughts?

I dont have any personal experience with 3G, but from what I have read, the latest release of yellowSn0w is perfect and works without any issues. You only want to jailbreak it or want to unlock it as well ?

goobimama

 Macboy

@lonelycliffhanger: Well it was a good laugh nonetheless. I do, after all, have a right to laugh at anything.

"Laugh, for that is what makes you free" - Stalin

PhoenixAG

Broken In

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me the latest price of the iPhone 3G 8GB from Airtel? Also, some countries give you a special unlock code if you want to use it outside the country.

Does anyone know if this can be requested from Airtel, so that I can use the iPhone outside the country as well?

Thanks!

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜

Is the interface of new version completely in English ? Last time I tried it could read my messages/contacts etc. Is it possible to send sms from pc connected to iPhone now ?

Do you use iPhone Tunnel for tethering via USB ?

@^^^ Ya i do.. Actually i have successfully used Iphone 3g to do internet in my PC using its USB cable. Am loving it! :D

virilecliffhanger

@lonelycliffhanger: Well it was a good laugh nonetheless. I do, after all, have a right to laugh at anything.

"Laugh, for that is what makes you free" - Stalin

i'm not lonely.
Mate, I am sure what I said was absolutely right and u r macBOY ha!
No offence mate, cuz i'm afraid many digitians here are very sensitive guys and so i 've to be sensitive while posting...!

BTW I hate stalin :rolleyes:

I dont have any personal experience with 3G, but from what I have read, the latest release of yellowSn0w is perfect and works without any issues. You only want to jailbreak it or want to unlock it as well ?
Thanks for your kind replies all the time Pat!
Actually i have read in modmyI that 3G unlock is crashing the phone some times.. so I don't wanna take chances. So just a jail break would be enough.. Its running 2.1fw.
And to my surprise I was thinking everyone here has a 3G one !

Last edited:
OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung

And Tanmay! R u trying to JB 2G or 3G?

For 2G the simplest way is to restore ur iphone with a cfw. nothing else
there must be something similar for 3G also..though not sure....

I have jailbroken the 3G with OS 2.2

Tanmay is using 3g and he already jailbroke 2.2 :D

News: want to share with all. Apple has atlast given permission for 3rd party browsers. So hopefully opera comming soon.

And can someone reply to my above query pls

Thanks Kaushik.

I am also waiting for Opera to be made available for iPhone.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...

^^ Whoa!
I remember asking here about the possibilty of 3rd party browsers..
:D
One should be curious of the replies I got! :lol:

Pat

Beyond Smart

^^ Except that they are not "real" browsers. Its just Safari with some added features here and there :)

Oh and btw, Clippy is out for Jailbroken phones. It allows true copy-pasting between all Apple apps and then some more :)

Last edited:

the.kaushik

^^ Except that they are not "real" browsers. Its just Safari with some added features here and there :)

Oh and btw, Clippy is out for Jailbroken phones. It allows true copy-pasting between all Apple apps and then some more :)

Thanks Pat for the news.. will try now!

@Pat are you refering to this *clippy.soft-use.com/Clippy.html?
Then thats only in browser! and thats there for long time now :(

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart

^^ No..not that one..Its an app in Cydia :)

the.kaushik

^^^ Can you mention the source.. i searched but didn't got

Top Bottom