Official iOS devices thread

suhas_sm

Journeyman
re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

ok heres a question ..

Can i get iphone 3g from U.S as it will be cheaper that ways.. How much will it cost me if i get it with AT&T activation as i guess thats compulsary now to get iphone 3g ??
Or can i get one without that ... and use it here with my airtel sim ???

Pls reply quickly.. gt only three four days of time...

Let me put it straight... My dad has asked me if can get me iphone 3G from U.S.
MY doubts... how much will it cost with or w/o AT&T contract. IS it wise to get it here and unlock considering it can be unlocked as of now .... if i m wrong tell me asap !
...well thats it ... pls give suggestions :)

Last edited:

oval_man

Journeyman

Special Tip no.1

How to take 'Screen Capture' on your iphone 3G?

Hold down the Home button with one hand and then press the Sleep/Wake button with the other. The iPhone will snap a picture of the screen and save it in your Camera Roll.

Enjoy!....next tip...soon!

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

I’m in a bit of a quandary here. I have one empty slot left on my MobileMe account and I can give it to one person for the price of $11. Three people have asked me for it: dhan_shh, Pat, and din—in that order.

So, according to the first come, first served policy, dhan_shh should be the one getting it. However, Pat is the ideal candidate for this account because he has both an iPhone and a Mac and would therefore be able to enjoy all its features as they were intended to be enjoyed.

@dhan_shh,
With your Blackberry, you will only be able to enjoy “push” email. You won’t be able to synchronise your contacts or calendars via MobileMe on your phone and it will be flaky at best even on the desktop. Furthermore, you will neither be able to benefit from the Back to My Mac feature nor utilise any of the iChat specific awesomeness (high quality audio/video conferencing, file sharing, screen sharing, and chat backgrounds). You also won’t be able to use the automatic backup and synching features that are exclusive to Mac users.

So, in my humble opinion, Pat is a far better candidate for this account. But if you really want it, you’re the one I’ll give it to. The choice is entirely yours.

Also, the price is not even Rs. 700 anymore. It’s only $11 (Rs. 540) now.

Let me know your decision. :)

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz

Thanx @aryayush for your offer!

U r right! I don't have Mac at present!

I'll manage with my blackberry!

Kindly share ur account with 'Pat'....!

Let me practice with 'MobileMe' trial first!

Pat

Beyond Smart

^^ Thank you.

@Aayush: Please pm me the payment details.

oval_man

Journeyman

I've received First issue of "iPhone Life" in Digital Zinio format:

Very nice & informative!

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/iPhonelife1.png

Hi Dude,I believe U must have paid for this 'Digital' issue...Why should U waste money?

Instead...you should have visited this site..."www.zinio.com/iphone" in your iphone's safari brwoser...You can read all digital books for FREE!!

Unbelivable???!!!

jus try & see!

Enjoy!!!!!

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom

Special Tip no.1

How to take 'Screen Capture' on your iphone 3G?

Hold down the Home button with one hand and then press the Sleep/Wake button with the other. The iPhone will snap a picture of the screen and save it in your Camera Roll.

Enjoy!....next tip...soon!
Special tip #2: I need the period faster
1. Hold down "123" and move your finger to the period and let go. It will automatically go back to keyboard.
2. Tap space bar twice swiftly. There will be a space after the period.
3. Tap space bar with two fingers. There will be a space after the period.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k

Can anyone tell me whats the price of an ipod usb charger and cable?? i lost mine. :|

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜

ok heres a question ..

Can i get iphone 3g from U.S as it will be cheaper that ways.. How much will it cost me if i get it with AT&T activation as i guess thats compulsary now to get iphone 3g ??
Or can i get one without that ... and use it here with my airtel sim ???

Pls reply quickly.. gt only three four days of time...

Let me put it straight... My dad has asked me if can get me iphone 3G from U.S.
MY doubts... how much will it cost with or w/o AT&T contract. IS it wise to get it here and unlock considering it can be unlocked as of now .... if i m wrong tell me asap !
...well thats it ... pls give suggestions :)

I am not sure but i heard that IPhone 3g still cannot be unlocked!

Pat

Beyond Smart

I am not sure but i heard that IPhone 3g still cannot be unlocked!

You are right. But more than that, buying iPhone 3G from US would end up being more expensive than buying it from Airtel/Vodafone. A contract-free iPhone 3G is available for $599 plus taxes in US.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜

You are right. But more than that, buying iPhone 3G from US would end up being more expensive than buying it from Airtel/Vodafone. A contract-free iPhone 3G is available for $599 plus taxes in US.

ya that also true.. i asked one of my friend from US

iwank

Right off the assembly line

Hey thanks for making such a beautiful discussion i want to share one new app for the iPhone just have a look at this app.

So you wanna' be a scratch D.J.? Here's your chance to shine with iTune! Scratch to any tune.
Great with any style music - pop, rock, hip-hop, jazz and rap .
Just play song from your music and then start up iTune. Move your finger back and forth on the turntable to hear your D.J. magic over your song!

Touch control Scratch volume.

Features include:

- Scratch sounds vary based on direction of motion.
- Pitch of scratch varies based on speed of motion.
- Adjustable volume control.
- Drag horizontally or vertically across the turntable for a single beat scratch.
- Drag your finger for a variety of multiple beat scratches.

Entertain friends. Great for parties - just plug into your system and use iTune to add your D.J. touch to the music.

dd_wingrider

In the zone

Guys please look at my thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102381

and reply.

Thanks

Pat

Beyond Smart

Can anyone recommend the best way to move my itunes library (iPhone apps in particular) from my old laptop to my macbook ?

goobimama

 Macboy

Copy the entire iTunes folder from your documents/music folder to your MacBook ~/Music. Once you launch iTunes it will automatically recognise the library and proceed on course.

Pat

Beyond Smart

Can anyone tell me whats the price of an ipod usb charger and cable?? i lost mine. :|

You should find plenty of el-cheapo (chinese) iPhone cables/chargers for 200-300 bucks.

Copy the entire iTunes folder from your documents/music folder to your MacBook ~/Music. Once you launch iTunes it will automatically recognise the library and proceed on course.

I will have to check, though I doubt it would work with the iPhone apps in my old library.

Last edited:
Top Bottom