Official iOS devices thread

OP
Tanmay Satpathy

Tanmay Satpathy

Sing Along Samsung
re: Official iPhone/iPod Touch owners thread

here is the iphone killer nokia 5800 , it cost only 20000 inr in india and features are much better than iphone.

Wake up bro... this baby has ways to go to become a iphone killer...

And dont post such things in this thread... this thread is meant for ppl discussing on iphone issues... if you wanna battle out Nokia-vs-iPhone go to somewhere else.

Anyway thanks for visiting this thread :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

^^ It's a spam post and you fell for it. ;)

hahahari

In the zone

yep he is jst trying to generate backlinks. Mods pls delete it.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist

Hi, guys.

Yash has another MobileMe Family Pack for the taking. Each account costs about Rs. 500 or less. dhan_shh, din, iMav—if any of you guys want in on it, let me know. There’s also one primary account for Rs. 1,000 (20GB storage and 200GB bandwidth) if anyone’s interested.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz

Hi Aryayush,happy to hear this great news again!

where should I send Rs.500 & how? plz pm me,Thanks for remembering me.

oval_man

Journeyman

^^^^But Bro,MobileMe family pack charges are $149/year,roughly Rs.7500 per year.

So,it comes to Rs.1500 per head as it has 5 members.

Then,how come Rs.500 per head?

Any direct Apple discount? Lemme know,I'll join!

Pat

Beyond Smart

LoL! Nokia iPhone ! Haha...Classic..

yash

I draw every day

hey guys, I activated the code today and the account is valid for a year from now. so act soon so you don't miss out on using your account for even a day! LOL.

I got this account off ebay for cheap. Someone already claimed the 20 gb main account. email me at yashrg at me dot com to talk about payment. Preferably via paypal.

Last edited:

oval_man

Journeyman

Hi Dude Yash,I don't have PayPal a/c,

Do you have anyother option for paying?

Why don't u comeout with simple procedure of paying plz?

I'm thinking of getting mobileme for my boss!

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz

Successfully I've created a new account in 'me.com' today,a great day!

Thanx to Yash for his help in creating Mobileme account for me,

I'm happy with mobileme account and learning now!

Special thanks to 'Aryayush' for motivating and organizing 'family pack' members!

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/me1.png *i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/mobilemeaccount.png

Last edited:

yash

I draw every day

@oval_man, The thing is, for me, anything other than paypal would be complicated for me. I am in canada since I am studying here now. hmm.. maybe you can ask someone else to paypal the money and you can get them the funds via a simpler way? I don't know if aayush would be ready to do this, but if I am persistent.. maybe he'll give in. LOL.

@dhan_ssh actually, thanks to you guys I'm getting my money back of the mobileme account I accidentally won on ebay. LOL. it's a long story, for some other thread.

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz

Magic Pad: 1st rich text editor for iphone,

FREE for a limited period, Hurry get yours today!!

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/magicpad.jpg

*magicpad.proximi.com/

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...

^ Thanks.

BTW.. Mocha VNC Lite isnt working in my iPod Touch. The software version is 2.1.1...
Do the programs now need 2.2 Software Version?

oval_man

Journeyman

*magicpad.proximi.com/

But Dude,there is another simple method to do this:

Just visit *pastebud.com/ from ur iPhone 3G

And Enjoy!!!!!!

dd_wingrider

In the zone

One question for those who unlocked/jailbreaked their iPhone,

What if something goes wrong with iPhone, how will you get it fixed. Will you be able to take it to a apple store and give them for repair, and they will fix it

or

They won't fix it as you unlocked it ? Then what option you will have to get it fixed?

Pat

Beyond Smart

One question for those who unlocked/jailbreaked their iPhone,

What if something goes wrong with iPhone, how will you get it fixed. Will you be able to take it to a apple store and give them for repair, and they will fix it

or

They won't fix it as you unlocked it ? Then what option you will have to get it fixed?

If you are talking about iPhone 3G, then I cant comment as the unlock is not out yet. But I am sure the dev-team will make the patch "reversible" as they have done with first-gen iPhones. As far as first-gen iPhone is concerned, you can restore it to factory-state leaving behind no trace of unlocking/jailbreaking. However, if your "damaged" iPhone has a bad display or bad USB, then you are pretty much screwed as it will be near impossible to restore it to factory state!

dd_wingrider

In the zone

If you are talking about iPhone 3G, then I cant comment as the unlock is not out yet. But I am sure the dev-team will make the patch "reversible" as they have done with first-gen iPhones. As far as first-gen iPhone is concerned, you can restore it to factory-state leaving behind no trace of unlocking/jailbreaking. However, if your "damaged" iPhone has a bad display or bad USB, then you are pretty much screwed as it will be near impossible to restore it to factory state!

Thanks for replying and Yup i was talking about iPhone 2G. So, if i have a unlocked iPhone 2G and the battery dies on me, or the usb or display stops working as you said. there is no chance to restore it factory settings, so i will be left with a pricey paperweight:-|

This is bad there has to be some turnaround, otherwise its very risky to have a iPhone unlocked.

Pat

Beyond Smart

Thanks for replying and Yup i was talking about iPhone 2G. So, if i have a unlocked iPhone 2G and the battery dies on me, or the usb or display stops working as you said. there is no chance to restore it factory settings, so i will be left with a pricey paperweight:-|

This is bad there has to be some turnaround, otherwise its very risky to have a iPhone unlocked.

Hey ofcourse not. There are plenty of shops with "experts" who can fix almost any problem on an iPhone. When I said "you are screwed", it meant that Apple will not acknowledge the warranty and will not fix it. But there are many 3rd parties who can fix it for you. And iPhone 2G is/was not available in India, so the warranty doesnt apply in any case.

Pat

Beyond Smart

Flash support now available on jailbroken phones. A word of caution though: it is still in a early beta phase.

*imobilecinema.blogspot.com/

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜

*magicpad.proximi.com/

But Dude,there is another simple method to do this:

Just visit *pastebud.com/ from ur iPhone 3G

And Enjoy!!!!!!

Ya Magic Pad is good but its only a note pad and wondering when iphone will have such a keybord as universal!

Pastebud is the best thing still now available for Iphone Safari browser..

How to get it:
Just go to cydea and search for "Safari Addon Plugin" this is from iSpazio.net so you may need to add there source.
Now install it. Caution: This will remove all your bookmarks.. Now open safari and click the book mark tab and you will see the features.. there is this new addon called Tabulate which will help you to see flash videos in the iphone internal video player.. have not used this feature still now as am using this imobilecinema for flash :)

Top Bottom