Official Android discussion thread

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
No. Check if your date & time settings are correct(set it to update with your network provider).

See if you get certificate error from another browser like Firefox on the same site.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Guys is there a way to send files to from one Android phone to another on WiFi without installing any app installation ?

Karan85

Broken In
Wifi Direct is supposed to do that. Samsung devices can share files using that (or S Beam,.. not sure what they call it)
I use superbeam, but it should work without that too.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^so WiFi direct is default in Android and doesn't require app install ?
I am asking this bcoz generally we use Superbeam/Software datacable while sharing files in friends circle.

sankar789

Broken In
[MENTION=19044]ksundar[/MENTION], the design will not work(not much attractive) compared to the smartphones now a days.. !! However, the features looks good :)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
is there any legal/ official way of getting ringtones on android ?
I just don't want to rip songs off youtube videos and edit them in a sound editer then save in the phone to use as a ringtone

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
is there any legal/ official way of getting ringtones on android ?
I just don't want to rip songs off youtube videos and edit them in a sound editer then save in the phone to use as a ringtone

Of course there is.
You can select any .mp3 files in settings under "Sound and Notifications".

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
ok fine, which is the best place to get mp3s from
no music on play store entertainment section, books and movies are there. play music just plays music. amazon mp3 not available. so what is the way.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Wynk is best to listen to music online. It also stores music for listening offline, but it doesn't save it in mp3 form. For mp3, I think you can buy the song, but would you really buy a song at Rs 10 and Rs 15 per 1 song?

Ripping from YT is best way. Or there are ahem sites available. Mostly shady tho.

Top Bottom