Official Android discussion thread

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Had tested a xperia rom for galaxy mini it was really good.But after i clicked google play,the rom started restarting again and again.
Back to cyanogen 7 the best stable rom ever made for any cell i guess

dhan_shh

Ambassador of Buzz
I've successfully installed JB(Jelly Bean,4.1.1) in my Galaxy Nexus after flashing latest takju (changing my stock takjuxw) and installed official ota,

What a breezy OS? Wow,this is the best ever OS for android,no doubt!

*i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/dhan_shh/sshot-93-crop.png

Arnab boss

In the zone
hi guys i hv been using galaxy y pro duos for a week now and i ma facing these problems...
first the app which i closed again resumes and eating my batt and ram..i dont hav any idea how to stop it,....secondly this is quit weird i hav two conn sim there one is aircel which is 3g and second is my vodaphone corporate conn sim....now i use the data service via aircel and the voda sim is used only for calls no net conn is activated on this sim....

now suddenly i recieved my monthly bill and it states tht i hav used around rs 580 of data services in just 2days....is this is possible tht while i was running the data services in aircel 3g....how can voda data service b running...i am in a place of shocked and confused aswell..!!!

any advice or suggestion will b helpful as i hav put the voda sim back in my black berry..!!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Guys I have LG Optimus Net how much can I have external memory max that is SD Card. 32 GB should work or 16gb?

The specifications says 32 GB is supported. But I haven't heard from any one who is using a card of that much capacity. :p

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
I am using my Samsung Galaxy Tab with Broadband Wifi connection at my home, which uses dynamic IP.
Now when I am trying to connect it at my workplace, which uses static IP; I am unable to put the IP from the advance option of settings, the IP address field is indicating unavailable...now if I click the option it is not opening to put the IP..
any idea ???

noob

Cyborg Agent
Thanks noob,
Any idea about better music player for JB free?

The stock music player is good and does the job. Apart from that , there are many free apps to do same. Check it out on Play store. The one i liked was "Beam Player" It is very much beta.

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
I am using my Samsung Galaxy Tab with Broadband Wifi connection at my home, which uses dynamic IP.
Now when I am trying to connect it at my workplace, which uses static IP; I am unable to put the IP from the advance option of settings, the IP address field is indicating unavailable...now if I click the option it is not opening to put the IP..
any idea ???

I just able to edit the static IP option.... I was missing a option of keep pressing the SSID name to edit.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Well, first force closing an app in Android don't really work. Rather use an app like Android Assistant to stop it from starting with your phone altogether.

As far as your vodaphone sim consuming data services is concerned, I am not really sure how Android manages two sims. Its better if you contact Vodaphone CC and turn off the data service.

Arnab boss

In the zone
^^ Well, first force closing an app in Android don't really work. Rather use an app like Android Assistant to stop it from starting with your phone altogether.

As far as your vodaphone sim consuming data services is concerned, I am not really sure how Android manages two sims. Its better if you contact Vodaphone CC and turn off the data service.

thanks vyom...i hav already turned off the net service in the vodaphone sim and asked for an explanation for this and how can i use 56789 kb in just 18 hrs in a 2g conc...!! as my 3g services r running stable,and how com 2 net conc run simultaneously they hav no explanation and said all is the computer generated bill they cant do anything..!!

i will look for the android assistant...is it available in the gplay store..?

ajaymailed

In the zone
Android devours Blackberry & Nokias Symbian, captures 68% global market share

There were 4 Android phones for every 1 iPhone shipped in the second quarter, research firm IDC said Wednesday. That's up from a ratio of 2.5 to 1 in the same period last year. Samsung Electronics Co. and other phone makers shipped nearly 105 million Android smartphones in the April-June quarter, giving Android 68 percent of the worldwide market, up from 47 percent last year.

The gains came largely at the expense of BlackBerry phones made by Research in Motion Ltd. and Symbian phones made largely by Nokia Corp. Each saw its market share drop below 5 percent. Nokia is now making phones that use Microsoft Corp.'s Windows system.

The market share for Apple Inc.'s iPhone, powered by its iOS software, fell slightly to 17 percent, from 19 percent. But the company shipped more iPhones than a year ago. Apple is the No. 2 smartphone maker, behind Samsung, and is likely to get a boost when it releases its new iPhone model as expected this fall.
consumers in Developing countries are more likely to buy android and since those markets are still to be captured, droids share should continue will rise.

elafanto

Journeyman
I dont know that what is the best place for my question, i just want to know dat, if I am low internal memory in my phone and i use a 8 gb memory card,
1. will it cause any problem?
2. would i be able to install apps on memory card?
3. will they work fine?

rahul_c

Journeyman
I dont know that what is the best place for my question, i just want to know dat, if I am low internal memory in my phone and i use a 8 gb memory card,
1. will it cause any problem?
2. would i be able to install apps on memory card?
3. will they work fine?
1. No they are different types of memory (internal/external duh!) it wont cause any problem.
2. Yes you can install apps on memory card partially, if you want to install apps entirely on memory card use link2SD.
3. Sure apps works fine but the most of the widgets that comes /w apps wont work. This will not be a problem if you use link2SD cause it kind of creates a virtual phone memory.

Top Bottom