Official Android discussion thread

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Oops.. what I meant was it updates as soon as you try to open Android Market. When you will open it you will be greeted to accept the EULA for Google Play, and after you click OK, it will update.
Android market app will get uninstalled, and will be replaced by, "Play Store"!! ;)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Thanks for info Vyom. Any idea you got on download size? Lets see how it is.

I ask as my GPRS is so slow downloading is possible only in Early morning or late at night. Blame the Aircel guys for this :mad:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@thetechfreak: Even I am on 2G, and I didn't even came to know when the update occurred. I think it's damn small update! (I guess)

@Sam: I think it's NOT! :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
3.6Mb. updated as well as downloaded to be integrated into my rom. but the damn thing is, trebucket launcher's default shortcut to google market is rendered useless. You click it, nothing happens.

btw any speed gain when launching market on 2G? from launch till the apps appear? i am on WiFi so can't test.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Of course the shortcut will be rendered useless. As I told before, the app is uninstalled, and then new one is installed. Which also explains the disappearance of market app shortcut from my home screen! :)

And, I have not experienced any "speed gains", looks like just names have been changed. Since even the UI of market is the same!

Neo

Atleast they should have changed the UI. :( Speed is also the same. Its takes years to open up. :'(
Also, I think it will be available as a separate app, maybe on XDA.:D

lll_aritra_lll

A siLLy mIllImEtEr loNGer
guys, few apps are available in google play for $0.49 that is Rs 24.50. and for 7 days 1 game will be sold for 50% off. have a look.

But the best thing is all getjar gold apps are for free, those included some good apps and also most of the google play promotional apps

R2K

In the Zone
Any photo editing apps that has the capability of cropping, Increasing or decreasing levels/ brightness/contrast of pics etc. Basically I'm looking for a mini photoshop :D for android here. I have already tried photoshop for android and its a piece of $h!t.

masterkd

Padawan
Found out today that the accuweather widget in my galaxy note conflicts with the facebook uploader service of the facebook app..when the service is running accuweather fails to connect internet.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
New Study Suggests Most Android Anti-Virus Apps Aren’t Effective [Updates]

*main.makeuseoflimited.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/androidantivirus1.jpg

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
never used any antivirus in any mobile i have owned. only installed Avast in my android to test the UI. uninstalled next day as it was just an unnecessary burden for my cell.

ajayritik

Technomancer
@sam recently I had bought SGS2 the G-model. It seems to hang often. Do you have any suggestions? Also can I play 3-D content on this?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
hmmm, check for update. or if you have updated, then time to do a factory restore. anyway ICS update will arrive soon for the G version as ICS update is already announced for Non-G. it has not started seeding yet.

Top Bottom