Official Android discussion thread

A

amit.tiger12

does it use VPN technique ?
Why you need VPN??
VPN not necessary for mobiles or
In better words..
It's useful only for unblocking sites, otherwise it's just name to hype for mobile device.. there are many things now a days in mobile which leaks your ip location, browser, gps sensors wifi google service or apple or any mobile service.
Basically It does not protect your privacy.
Drop idea of using VPN for mobiles..

A

amit.tiger12

Yes
MIUI has inbuilt firewall if you didn't know

Sent from my Redmi Note 3
Ok. That i don't know, firewall.
But i don't consider any available mobile device is good with protecting anonymity. Talking about VPN.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Why you need VPN??
VPN not necessary for mobiles or
In better words..
It's useful only for unblocking sites, otherwise it's just name to hype for mobile device.. there are many things now a days in mobile which leaks your ip location, browser, gps sensors wifi google service or apple or any mobile service.
Basically It does not protect your privacy.
Drop idea of using VPN for mobiles..
u haven't read my question properly

A

amit.tiger12

u haven't read my question properly

U didn't understand my answer properly...

Ok. No root firewall creates VPN, and you don't want that.
I haven't tried NetGuard or AFWall+.
But both works well. Try and tell us, if it ask for creating VPN network.

A

amit.tiger12

hey i installed a third party dialer now i wnt to make tht my default dialer how to change it ?? pls help

Dialer app usually connected with contact app. You can try disabling or uninstalling default contact app. (Take backup first).
Then install third party Dialer app.
Default Dialer app or Contact app can be found in system apps in settings.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Finally Google to force OEMs to use standard volume controls:
After years, Google to force Android device OEMs to support [some] standard headphone inline control

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hi All, how does one factory reset and not have the apps come back.. need a fresh start with the phone

Which phone you have? Factory resetting the phone is usually done by starting the phone with a 2 or 3 button press maneuver that takes you to a bootloader menu from where you can reset the device and varies with each phone model. In general these combinations works to get you to bootloader menu:
Power button + Vol Up
Power button + Vol Down
Power button + Vol Up + Vol Down ...

If you are not rooting the phone, then you can't remove the System Apps. If you have Nexus, Moto phones, those have very few apps to begin with so you don't need to worry.
If you have a phone which have lots of bloat then only way to remove them is to reset the phone and do what SaiyanGoku mentioned.

Top Bottom