Nvidia Graphic cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shikhar

Journeyman
Hi I have a IntelP4 2.4 Ghz 845chipset ASROCK Motherboard. Win xp pro and win 2000. 1GB + 256 MB DDR RAM. 160 GB + 20 GB HDDs. I wanted to buy a graphic card supporting DX 9. CAn u suggest me one with price < Rs. 2000 and SUPPORTING AGP 8X. Eg FX 5500 etc etc.

What about 9200???

Thanks in advance.

Sorry for reposting. Please let me know about the heating problem with the graphic cards too. Also are these graphic cards able to play games like Spiderman 3 , Lord of the rings , Harry Potter and the order of Phoenix comfortably??

Thnx in advance.

Last edited:
P

paranj

ya go for 6200GS 128MB AGP version. It will play above mentioned games comfortably at low res. and medium detail. There are no heating probs. with this.

PS- dude change ur whole rig, sell it and get a Core 2 Duo - DDR2 - PCIe based PC.

chicha

High without substance...
as said it would be better if you could save the money and buy a newer one with better card.

if thats not your option i think 6200 will do, but you can not play sp3 and lotr properly.
i had to play them with all least settings and 800*600 res but still had dropped frames.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Paranj I think Shikhar knows he needs an immediate system upgrade if he's into heavy gaming.:D
@Shikhar As AGP cards are obsolete so you'll have trouble finding one and even if you manage to find one be prepared to spend more than 2K(ripped off due to Dealer monoply). Which I.T market is nearest to your place Delhi or Mumbai?

OP
S

Shikhar

Journeyman
Actually I need a graphic card only for 2months. Coz having cracked IIT JEE this yr (AIR 1004) i will be joining at july end. So was looking for temporary soln.

@Rudick I live in Mumbai. I am getting FX 5500 for Rs.1800 and 6200GS for Rs.2200 ( both 256MB AGP) and 9200 model 256MB AGP for Rs.1600

What about ATI cards?? Any cards with AGP (arnd Rs,2000) there??

Last edited:
P

paranj

^^ATi cards under Rs.2000 dont match the NVIDIA's performance in the price range. DONT GO FOR FX series. Worst DX9 cards. Only get the 6200GS 256MB!

OP
S

Shikhar

Journeyman
Guys can u look at this link and tell me the graphic card in this price range
*www.asrock.com/mb/vga.asp?Model=P4i45GV R5.0

P

paranj

WTF?! ur board dosent suport 6200GS!!:( lol! now ur best bet is to increase ur budget and buy a 6600GT 256MB OR stay IN budget and get the ATi 9200 Radeon 128MB. BUT THE PERFORMANCE DIFFERENCE WILL BE HUGE BETWEEN 9200 AND 6600GT. 6600GT will play the mentioned games on medium resolution and high detail while ATi 9200 will play at medium resolution and lowest detail. Its ur call.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
U can get yourselves an ATI HD 2400 128 or 256 DDR2 AGP for 2.2k
Its DX 10 and is more than 2x powerful than a 6200. duh!
its almost as powerful as a 7300GS

P

paranj

^^dOm1naTOr

i respect ur advice but the problem is the link he provided. Only the GPUs on the link are supported thats why i recommanded him the 2 i mentioned. Otherwise i also new abt 8400GS and 7300GS :)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
that link is ****...most manus dun update pages of products they discontinued...U wont find latest cards like HD 2400 on ny AGP supported mobos support list.
In case it didnt work, a bios update is sure will get it working.

P

paranj

PS2 is dead $hit. get a XBox 360 and a 50" LCD HD-TV and GTA IV

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
You can't call PS2 a dead $h1t just coz PS3 is here. Move outta ur cave and you'll see its still selling like Hot cakes in the Indian market coz not everyone can afford HDTV and 25K worth PS3. Its still got a hell lot of games available and still gets new games releasing for it.
In terms of H/W PS2 processor can beat the crap outta of Quad Cores in terms of dedicated task test coz PS2 has a 128-bit processor and we are still squabbling over 64-bit processors.:(

johny rico

i hack.. sometimes
Dude if you want to play games with decent graphics and resolution go for low end nvidia 8 series. Assassin's creed with 800X600 itself gives me only 20fps with my 8600GT 256MB.It will give only 2fps in 640X480 if u buy a FX series:D and i couldn't even get 5 fps for ElderScrolls:Oblivion. I suggest upgrade one component a month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom