NTFS to FAT 32 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi everybody,
Can anybody Pls. tell me any way to convert my NTFS partition to FAT 32 without loosing any DATA of mine ???

Thanks !!!

sailendra

Journeyman
The only option is to backup your data to a different partition or drive and reformat with Fat32. If the partition contains windows then you need to reinstall windows.

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
No bro. but Partition Magic didnt work for me the first and the only last time I tried to do something like that !!!

Is there any other way ???

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey guys out here i want to ERASE (FORMAT my hard disk) every bit of data from my hard disk and install a fresh copy of WIN-XP PROFESSIONAL on my c-drive

I am having 3 partitions---->
C (14.11 GB)
D (11.11 GB)
E (11.11 GB)
and i want to use only one operating system (i.e WIN-XP PROF. edition)

So any suggestions as to how can i erase (format) every drive??

Plz help needed......

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
ashu888ashu888 said:
Hey guys out here i want to ERASE (FORMAT my hard disk) every bit of data from my hard disk and install a fresh copy of WIN-XP PROFESSIONAL on my c-drive

I am having 3 partitions---->
C (14.11 GB)
D (11.11 GB)
E (11.11 GB)
and i want to use only one operating system (i.e WIN-XP PROF. edition)

So any suggestions as to how can i erase (format) every drive??

Plz help needed......

u need to just format the partitions or want to remove the partitions too???
if u just wanna to erase everything WITHOUT removing partitions just simply right click on d: nd e: nd select format frm there... as far as C: is concerned format it frm the setup of winXP...

incase u wanna play around with partitions use partition magic...

:wink:

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
rachitboom2 said:
No bro. but Partition Magic didnt work for me the first and the only last time I tried to do something like that !!!

Hey my question still remains => Is there any other way ???

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
i think i replied to "ashu888ashu888", nd quoted his post....

nd rachit u cant convert NTFS to FAT WITHOUT loosing data.....either convert it or loose the DATA...why not copy the data to a diff partition first????

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
rachitboom2 said:

Yeah the evaluation version doesn't work..........................

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
khattam_ said:
rachitboom2 said:

Yeah the evaluation version doesn't work..........................
Hey dude just who the hell said that it was a evaluation version, it was a full version,
it gave errors while it was doing some conversion and formating, and the system got hanged.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
grinning_devil wrote:
u need to just format the partitions or want to remove the partitions too???
if u just wanna to erase everything WITHOUT removing partitions just simply right click on d: nd e: nd select format frm there... as far as C: is concerned format it frm the setup of winXP...
incase u wanna play around with partitions use partition magic...

Hey@devil i want to erase everything WITHOUT removing the partitions and also Dude i tried to RIGHT CLIK the particular drives and format it but it started giving me problems yaar :( so i want to FORMAT the HARD DISK using a bootable floopy wich i already have but i dont know the DOS commands to do the formatting so plz if u or any of u guys here can give me the complete list/code of formatting in DOS for all of my 3 PARTITIONS (c,d,e)then i will be gr8ful to u.I am having FAT32 on all 3 of my partitions and want to install a fresh copy of WIN-XP PROF. EDITION on C:drive.

thanx, cheers n peace.... :roll: :roll:

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
@ashu888ashu888 : what was the error message u recvd when u tried to format it using right click??? have u tried it in safe mode???

still if u need to format it using bootable DOS diskette,the command will be
> format d:
nd
> format e:

thats it ...

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
rachitboom2 said:
Hey dude just who the hell said that it was a evaluation version, it was a full version,

:eek: :shock: do u think sumone will try to help u with this way of talking???? sheeeeeesh such creatures ... :twisted: shud be banned

nd how many times will u keep on asking "is there any other way??"
there IS NO WAY

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
grinning_devil wrote:
still if u need to format it using bootable DOS diskette,the command will be
> format d:
nd
> format e:

thats it ...

So u mean after the C drive is formatted then i shud go in to format the d and then the e drive?? one by one??

Hey ""devil"" is this step right?? the one wich i am writing down !!

Insert your boot disk in the floppy drive and start the computer. Once the system has completed booting and an A: prompt appears we are ready to start.
Type: format C: /s [press Enter]
This statement tells the system to format your "C" drive and when it is finished to copy the system files to the drive, (the /s switch for 'System'). You can format a different drive this way by using a different drive letter.

but tell me after i hv formatted all my 3 drives then how will i install a fresh copy of WIN-XP on my C frive?? after the formatting is done shud i insert the windows xp professional CD into the cd rom and select the boot preference as the CD ROM and install the OS?? plz suggest?? Dude.......:)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
thank devil for giving me that link i will surely try that and tell u in evening or 2moro dude.....:p:p :)

cheers n peace.....

ASHU....:p:)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
grinnig_devil wrote:
@ashu888ashu888....hey check out this link ... *support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313348

Hey Devil the link wich u gave me was related to WIN XP installation using the DISK MANAGEMENT WIZARD but thanx for ur help yaar :):). But wat my question was that HOW TO FORMAT USING THE BOOTABLE WIN 98 FLOOPY that I have.and Now since i hv formatted all my 3 drives (c,d,e) now after formatting and restarting,I get a c: prompt (in black background ,much more like a DOS OS :? :? ) so shud i Type in the command "setup" and clik enter and insert my WIN XP CD into my CD ROM DRIVE?? (its F:\ drive for my CD ROM)

Will this querry is NOW HOW TO INSTALL WIN XP PROFESSIONAL EDITION on my newly formatted C: drive.
plz help guys..............

thanx cheers n peace... :p:):p:)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
grinnig_devil wrote:
@ashu888ashu888....hey check out this link ... *support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313348

Hey Devil the link wich u gave me was related to WIN XP installation using the DISK MANAGEMENT WIZARD but thanx for ur help yaar :):). But wat my question was that HOW TO FORMAT USING THE BOOTABLE WIN 98 FLOOPY that I have.and Now since i hv formatted all my 3 drives (c,d,e) now after formatting and restarting,I get a c: prompt (in black background ,much more like a DOS OS :? :? ) so shud i Type in the command "setup" and clik enter and insert my WIN XP CD into my CD ROM DRIVE?? (its F:\ drive for my CD ROM)

Will this querry is NOW HOW TO INSTALL WIN XP PROFESSIONAL EDITION on my newly formatted C: drive.
plz help guys..............

thanx cheers n peace... :p:):p:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom