NTFS to FAT 32 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
grinnig_devil wrote:
@ashu888ashu888....hey check out this link ... *support.microsoft.com/?kbid=313348

Hey Devil the link wich u gave me was related to WIN XP installation using the DISK MANAGEMENT WIZARD but thanx for ur help yaar :):). But wat my question was that HOW TO FORMAT USING THE BOOTABLE WIN 98 FLOOPY that I have.and Now since i hv formatted all my 3 drives (c,d,e) now after formatting and restarting,I get a c: prompt (in black background ,much more like a DOS OS :? :? ) so shud i Type in the command "setup" and clik enter and insert my WIN XP CD into my CD ROM DRIVE?? (its F:\ drive for my CD ROM)

Will this querry is NOW HOW TO INSTALL WIN XP PROFESSIONAL EDITION on my newly formatted C: drive.
plz help guys..............

thanx cheers n peace... :p:):p:)

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
ashu888ashu888 said:
grinning_devil wrote:
u need to just format the partitions or want to remove the partitions too???
if u just wanna to erase everything WITHOUT removing partitions just simply right click on d: nd e: nd select format frm there... as far as C: is concerned format it frm the setup of winXP...
incase u wanna play around with partitions use partition magic...

Hey@devil i want to erase everything WITHOUT removing the partitions and also Dude i tried to RIGHT CLIK the particular drives and format it but it started giving me problems yaar :( so i want to FORMAT the HARD DISK using a bootable floopy wich i already have but i dont know the DOS commands to do the formatting so plz if u or any of u guys here can give me the complete list/code of formatting in DOS for all of my 3 PARTITIONS (c,d,e)then i will be gr8ful to u.I am having FAT32 on all 3 of my partitions and want to install a fresh copy of WIN-XP PROF. EDITION on C:drive.

thanx, cheers n peace.... :roll: :roll:
Hey Mr,
You just need a bootable WinXP CD and thats all you need, you don't need a bootable floppy. Looks like you have never done the XP installation thing...................
Just boot into the computer with a bootable Cd and choose to install Windows by reading the onscreen instructions.........
Once it will ask that if you want to format the disk (with Ntfs Or FAT32 partition, quick or full format and such options will be available) or leave the disk as it is. Choose to quick format the C: only. Other drives acn be formatted after you install windows..........
Thats all man..........

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
@ashu888ashu888: First of all, do not post 4 times in a row. Use the "Edit" button to change/add information to your post. Also, do not use the bold font so much. We can read normal font.

As for the installation of Windows XP, here's what you need to do. Like khattam said, you can just insert the bootable Windows XP setup disc into your top most CD/DVD drive, and while the computer starts, at the BIOS test, press F8 to enter the boot selection screen. Select CDROM and press Enter. You will be given a "Press any key to boot from CD" message. Do so and follow the instructions on screen to setup Windows.
In case you dont have a bootable CD, boot using any other bootable medium, say a floppy. Make sure you select the "Boot computer with CDROM support" option. Once at the command prompt, enter the drive letter of your CDROM say, F: and then press enter. Once in the CD directory, enter these commands:
cd i386
winnt.exe
and then follow the steps to install Windows XP on your computer.

OP
rachitboom2

rachitboom2

Ambassador of Buzz
Hey ashu888ashu888 just what the hell are you doing yar I mean posting sooooooo many times !!!
You can simply edit your previous posts and add the new thing there !!!

Ashootosh

Broken In
yeah bootable xp will do it, but if u made that cd using a floppy disk to make it bootable then the conventional thing (i.e. going to cd drive n then typing setup.exe) is not gonna work, in this case go to i386 folder(cd i386) then type winnt.xyz (i forgot the extension, may be it is exe but check by typing dir winnt*) at command prompt, then setup will start.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Partition Magic can help
*www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/features.html
Latest Full version will do. But at your own risk...........

Ashootosh

Broken In
partition magic can only help when u can enter the windows.......... not at this time, but yes i agree he should use partition magic at first. I have bootable partiton magic, search if u can find its iso image on net.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Ashootosh said:
partition magic can only help when u can enter the windows.......... not at this time, but yes i agree he should use partition magic at first. I have bootable partiton magic, search if u can find its iso image on net.
Oh no illegal things here............

Ashootosh

Broken In
I dont think so bootable PM is illegal or pirated(or is it??), i think it has been made by an Indian programmer without using any details of PM, it just got the looks of PM................. but not to sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom