Noticed pain in wrist, advice wrist pad or mouse pls

isaac12345

Journeyman
I have been recently noticing some pain in my right wrist(the right side of my wrist) which is my mouse hand. Fearing that I might be developing RSI, I would like to buy a wrist pad. I'm currently using simply a notepad with a cardboard back as a mouse pad with the mouse as a Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 v1.0

Would it be better to buy a wrist pad or another mouse? And which one?

Thanks in advance :)

daemon1

Journeyman
change your mouse pad with the one which have rest pad for your wrist, its easily available everywhere, offline is cheaper though

icebags

Technomancer
I have been recently noticing some pain in my right wrist(the right side of my wrist) which is my mouse hand. Fearing that I might be developing RSI, I would like to buy a wrist pad. I'm currently using simply a notepad with a cardboard back as a mouse pad with the mouse as a Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 3000 v1.0

Would it be better to buy a wrist pad or another mouse? And which one?

Thanks in advance :)

leave using mouse with righ hand for a few weeks and use ur left hand at it instead.

u will miss games for a few days i understand, but for the sake or ur wrist, it should be done.

update us if u get to see any improvement. :|

$hadow

Geek in making
Thanks for your replies.

What difference have you noticed?

I have noticed that towards the end of the day my shoulders start hurting me quite a bit.

I have find it exactly opposite of what you said. Earlier my shoulders and elbow usually goes sore about after 5 hours but now I can use it easily for 7 hrs+. One thing I learned is to give a 5 mins rest after every 1 hour of usage. It will work wonders.

OP
I

isaac12345

Journeyman
Right! Will have a look.

What about chairs? Any reasonably priced ones? I read that stature is important too.

$hadow

Geek in making
Which one do you have? And how much does it cost?

By the way, mind posting a photo of your setup? Would be good for reference :)
Too many books around my setup. This won't be a good idea. But yeah I own mashed back chair.
I have this chair Ergonomic Chairs by Chromecraft by Chromecraft Online - Ergonomic Chairs - Furniture - Pepperfry Product

OP
I

isaac12345

Journeyman
Whoa that's expensive! Any cheaper versions? Which important features should I be looking out for?

*bump*? :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom