Not able to Install Xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey_182

Jack Sparrow
hey guys..
i just bought hp dv 1131tx ....with preinstalled vista..but i wanted to install xp on it..so..formatted whole hdd..when i put my xp cd..when windows starts too load its setup..it gives me BSOD everytime...so..i try to install vista on it again...here al works fine till the last stage completing installation....i dont know..it seems to be hanged at that stage..the dvd is not corrupted for sure....wat could be the problem here..and how to install xp on this laptop...

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
yeah but i think HP recommends VISTA....so xp will not be able to install....again installing VISTA ask the dealer to INSTALL as he has the liscen copy....

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
hey guys..
i just bought hp dv 1131tx ....with preinstalled vista..but i wanted to install xp on it..so..formatted whole hdd..when i put my xp cd..when windows starts too load its setup..it gives me BSOD everytime...so..i try to install vista on it again...here al works fine till the last stage completing installation....i dont know..it seems to be hanged at that stage..the dvd is not corrupted for sure....wat could be the problem here..and how to install xp on this laptop...

Strangely the information on this specific model of laptop is not found anywhere. :confused:
Regarding re-installation of Windows Vista, I hope your PC comes with a recovery partition. You just need to start the recovery when booting the laptop and follow the steps described there. You don't need any standalone installation DVD to get Vista back on your PC.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Hmmm ... XP is supported by the machine as you have drivers available here.

If even Vista is not being installed and is crashing somewhere I think it would be better if you take it to HP, also if possible could you tell us the code no. of the BSoD.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Hmmm ... XP is supported by the machine as you have drivers available here.

WHOA iMav, thanks for the link here. But the whole HP site is down here with BSNL, I dont know why. Thats why I said that no information was found on is lappy. :(

rocky_om

Sys***** IBM India.......
It Seems the XP Installation CD is not having proper SATA driver for your system. Use Winlite and merge SATA driver ( Download from HP site ) and create a XP CD with your system SATA drivers and check.

OP
joey_182

joey_182

Jack Sparrow
hey guys...thnx for repplying..
well i gave up for xp....m not able to instal...sab use kr liya...USB..DISC...Drivers...but xp nai hui..but anyways....i was able to install vista again...that was releif for me..that it works fine..

and i formatted whole disk before making recovery disc..so it took too much time to getr back..i will recommend u alll guys who are buy laptop..if u have already installed vista..dont forget to make recovery disc.....
now except for recovery manager by hp..i got everything back..

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Doesn't seem like that.

vv

i just bought hp dv 1131tx ....with preinstalled vista

Had, I'm corrected.

but i wanted to install xp on it..so..formatted whole hdd..
i will recommend u alll guys who are buy laptop..if u have already installed vista..dont forget to make recovery disc.....
now except for recovery manager by hp..i got everything back..
Look at this genius^^

webarchitect

Right off the assembly line
Customer Support is probably the best choice you've got. I hope they cover software reinstallations somewhere on their service. Or if you're a risk-taker, just do a full format, then run a clean set of installation for windows xp, using another installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom