Norton Antivirus 2009 or Kaspersky Antivirus 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

prateek007391

In the zone
I have used Avira Once, but my computer troubled me and after when i removed it and scanned the computer with Avast I found a big book of Virus inside my computer. I dont know what kinda detection does this Avira Has.

And how peoples says it has highest detection rate. I believe Avast is far better.

axxo

99.9% Idle
I believe Avira is best of all free antivirus. It has helped me in removing atleast a dozen malicious codes than when I was using avast. Not only that but the boot time and load on the system seems to be considerably reduced because of Antivir.
For protection, I use Antivir+WOT+Malwarebytes Antimalware|win7 Firewall.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
OK guys just to clear your doubts, just try this code :

X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Don`t worry this just for testing no virus, just copy this code in notepad and save as *.txt file after that rename the *.txt to a *.exe file.

See if your Av detect this code as virus, also note is the resident protector detects it or you have to go for manual scan.

My Windows Defender detects it in text format itself
Avast detects it immidiately on renameing
Nod32 detects it in text form itself

Windows Defender in Windows XP pro :
*i50.tinypic.com/1sod1k.jpg

NOD32 results in Windows VISTA Ultimate
*img36.imageshack.us/img36/2973/nod32p.jpg

post your results
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Avast detects the code as threat in text format you have to manually scan it, the resident protection doesn`t detects it. Here is the result *i48.tinypic.com/2nkl9ip.jpg

Last edited:

rohanmathew

Reader of Trust 2009
I use MCAfee for MY PC PROTECTion.For free i suggested avira till last month.But AVG 9 is giving good results.

paroh

Padawan
@CA50 what this code means
X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

CA50

Cyborg Agent
^ its nothing dangerous, just a piece of code to check the efficiency of your AV. Try it, on harm

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Avira Antivir Detects it as - Eicar Test Signature :p

It detects it in manual and auto mode ( ie guard enabled :p ) after renaming it to exe.

When scanning it as a text file with .txt extension it was detected by the manual scanner :p

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
This was my result.. as soon as i saved it it as .txt, Alert poped up. I am Using Norton Internet Security 2010 OEM.

*i47.tinypic.com/10ggpwh.png

satyamy

Alive Again...
Personally I have tried both KIS 2009 & Norton 2009 with few of HDD that was fully loaded with Virus

Virus Scanning in Norton is Real Slow
where KIS take 20min :) Norton tooked 45min :(
and also the comparision in price has a big difference

So I opt for KIS 2009

(ya 1 thing my machine is P4)

CA50

Cyborg Agent
I have used Avira Once, but my computer troubled me and after when i removed it and scanned the computer with Avast I found a big book of Virus inside my computer. I dont know what kinda detection does this Avira Has.

And how peoples says it has highest detection rate. I believe Avast is far better.

Thats why i prefer avast to any other AV

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kaspersky > Norton, anyday and everyday.

Avira, Kaspersky and NOD32 are the only ones I'll recommend.

n00buddy

Right off the assembly line
I would go for Kaspersky 09 though i am still using 07(and quite happy with it), haven't tried Norton 09(might change my opinion after using it).

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why you guys are talking about NIS 2009 when there is NIS 2010 already released and readily available :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom