Norton Antivirus 2009 or Kaspersky Antivirus 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rdjindal

I had been a loyal user of Kaspersky Internet Security for over 2 years and always loved it.

But last November, when my KIS was about to expire; I thought of giving Norton Internet Security a try. And man, this new version really blew me off with all its features and ease of use. This new version is really easy on the system and doesn't throw up messages to scare any innocent user. Since, my machine is also used by my wife (who is a non techie) at home, since the time I've installed Norton; she has become a happy internet surfer!

Try Norton once... it is worth the time!

ECE0105

In the zone
What's the cost of Norton 2009, cos Kaspersky now retails for around 400-500 Rs. for a 3 PC License.

I find Kaspersky to be pretty good in detection rates, cos the most problems I encounter are due to the Pen Drive viruses.... And has never let me down as yet... Only once, when my Comp. was already infected and when I tried installing it, gave me a lot of headache... till finally, I had to use the System cleaner by Trendmicro and then clean the PC (This runs for an awful amount of time) and then install Kaspersky again.

Dark Core

Freak Beta 1
+1 for Norton Internet Security for its Speed, Light and gud detection rate with pulse update that updates every 15 Min

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 and it works fine. It does detect viruses and malwares, just fine. Its also available at around Rs.500/- for a 3 User license.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Checked on eBay and Rediff shopping ...
Norton Internet Security2009 costs 1999/- without shipping (single user), whereas KIS2009 costs 550/- for 3 user.
Now u choose.

KIS2009 wins hands down, its worth every penny.*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/31.png

D

Deleted member 26636

seeing the price differences, there's no competition at all...KIS FTW

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
I had a chance to install NIS on a brand new machine and I thought it was fast only because of the configuration and the new OS install, but when going through the details, I was awed to see it work so well. I still haven't shifted. I'm on the 15 day trial. One thing is keeping me from buying this. Though the speed has improved and the memory footprint has decreased, the detection rate improved, I felt that the scan is still very sloooow!! It took ages to find common viruses on a pen drive whereas Avast! could find the same in 4 seconds. NIS took nearly 5 mins to scan, detect and take measures on the viruses :( While it removed the virus, it didn't do the clean up properly *img518.imageshack.us/img518/9041/crapg.th.jpg

nitansh

TECHNOHOLIC..............
I would vote for NORTON, its speedier, steadier & better than kaspersky in finding viruses, etc.... I'm using it for last 2 months....

pushkar

Journeyman
I agree that Norton 2009 is very low on system resources but in my case, the detection was very poor. It failed to pick up many viruses. After that I installed KIS 2009 and it picked up at least 30 infections.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
just got it.. least system resources than its previous versions.
but if the avengine catch up any virus, too slow to make/implement decision (i.e. ignore/repair/delete)..
once again KIS win the race..

red dragon

Master troll
no dude i completely disagree,nis 2009 is way ahead of kis 2009,only prob is the price,but good things never come cheap,besides you can use it without spending anything,no prob of blacklisting,kis is good,but this is even better,even better than quickheal2009

Dark Core

Freak Beta 1
Using Norton for about a Month their updates are breeze and no problem for me from either Viruses or Spyware...

Had anyone tried Norton 360 v3 is it light like NIS or NAV 2009 or Sluggish like v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom