Norton Antivirus 2009 or Kaspersky Antivirus 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsi360

Always confused
Using Norton for about a Month their updates are breeze and no problem for me from either Viruses or Spyware...

Had anyone tried Norton 360 v3 is it light like NIS or NAV 2009 or Sluggish like v2
yeah i tried norton360 v3 and found that it is really lite on resources. I used it for 30 days on windows 7 beta and found that really fast. But it fails at detecting some updated USB viruses. When I keep my pendrive only autorun/autoprotect viruses are checked.

G

gfailure

hmm! it seems that there are many geeks in this forum! good to see this! at least india has done lotta progress in this field.. and regardin' this topic, i'd prefer norton to KAV ..coz, i think that kav isn't far good detecting the cryptic virri signature! ..suppose for an instance, you pack any malicious code via armadillo and then re-check it(provided that you modify some of the chunks)..you can easily fool kav, whilst you can't fool norton..since it got a good n-gram feeder that checks the code real good!

comments are welcome..
polite as ever,
General Failure

F

fullcracked

Norton 2009, I would say.

Reason is taht this new version is very light and powerful. Get Norton Internet Security 2009 for more protection.

i vote for norton 2010
one feature is improved in this version
to wipe out virus is really very fast as compared to 2009 edition
it was pain in the ass for the removal of virus!!! Wasn't it dude

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Norton 2009 is good than it's previous versions but still it's not that solid. For instance : once my comp hanged in windows & I had to reboot it using the reset button. After that norton 2009 never started. ( don't know if it's solved in 2010 version )

& KIS is slow like hell.

So for all of these things I reverted back to my good old trusted AV program Avira :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Yup, 100% True. That's why after using NAV 2009 ( Trial ) I reverted back to Avira Personal free edition.

& for firewall there is always the trusted comodo.

For spyware spyboat search & destroy, Adware & MAlwarebytes Antimalware ( highly recommended one ---- it rescued me many times :p )

amol48

Searching...
Wonder why no one took the name of Eset!! It's lighter than KIS or NIS and I find it better than KIS though not norton!

It's so light that it hardly uses 25MB RAM of my 3GB's! While the new NIS and KIS used about 60MB when idle!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ What a bump !

BTW, some of my friends are using K7 AV which they are saying is better than KIS and NIS :p

amol48

Searching...
^^ What a bump !

BTW, some of my friends are using K7 AV which they are saying is better than KIS and NIS :p

Well considering the post volume, this was the only one I found worth replying in this section :p

Din't try K7 yet. Is is light enough?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup, That's light enough. It uses only 10-12 MB mem and the scan speed is really fast :p

As for detection Rates well that vary from AV to AV and mostly from what kind of work a user is doing on his rig ( pun intended ) - well you know the drill.

BTW, still I would vote for Avira Antivir Personal, Comodo firewall+Malwarebytes antimalware+spybot combination anyday over any other AV and security suites :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Avira Antivir has the highest detection rates and for avast I've used it but the advanced options are too much limited in that and it's pretty slow while scanning as compared with Antivir :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom