Norton 2007 products released

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

Well, another bloat i would say by the first look

Symantec has relesed the Norton antivirus 2007 & Norton internet security 2007 for those who wanna use it

not many feature updates, just the same old in new cosmetic looks, u can see the product home page

I m going to download the 30 days trial version, lets see how is it, i skipped NAV2006 cos that was of no use for me

Last edited by a moderator:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Re: Norton 2007 products relesed

Hmm, this one's got to be heavy and fragmented. Good for the newbs. But if I install this, I wont know if I have got an infection cause either way system usage's gonna be 100% :lol:

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT

IF u have some little bit amount of shame...:mad:Stop uing Norton for god sake..:eek:Wish some1 paid for us if we stopped using it:p

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT

Some misguiding features of norton 2007:rolleyes:
* Automatically removes viruses, Trojan horses, and worms.
* Checks incoming and outgoing email attachments for viruses.
* Automatically scans incoming instant message attachments for threats.
* Checks compressed file archives for viruses.
* Keeps dangerous Internet worms out, blocking them before they infect your system.
* Automatically downloads updates to protect against new threats.
* Automatically scans for viruses upon downloading updates.
* Uses smart technology to detect emergent worms and other new threats without waiting for updates.
* Disinfects your system prior to installation, starting you off with a clean, virus-free computer.

Norton AntiVirus 2007 is compatible with the following operating systems:

Windows XP Professional
Windows XP Home
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
Windows Vista

NOte: u can say it "Old wine in new bottle..." :wink:

OP
G

gxsaurav

who said i like it, just trying it

Right now i m on Windows Vista & it seems to install fine....currently installing. Won't screw my XP installation for this

NAV is bloated yeah, but u can always disable it when u don't need it, this is what i do, it eats 23 MB here in NAV 2005, feels nothing on 1 GB RAM

when i m not online I disable NAV auto protect, when i m working on Workstation Apps i disable & kill NAV services. There are 5 only

I have tried KAV 6 beta, had problems, just waiting for KAV 6 final to come out & try

*img123.imageshack.us/img123/2558/snag0000qc8.th.jpg

Clicking on that link showed me this page. I downloaded the bat file, run it, still nothing happened. I then searched on google & found this Microsoft support page, followed all the methods , still no go

Right now i m without AV so gonna try KAV 6.0.388 Post RC

runeet

Broken In

There are actually moroms who buy norton for home use, what a bunch of losers

OP
G

gxsaurav

oh comon guys, don't blame norton so much, i m not defending it, but unless u use 2007 products u can't say it is bad, what if it turns out to be good, it's just a software anyway

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief

This thread's going no where. And Norton blamers better test and then reply...

Sigh, has Norton become synonymous with 'crap' ?

OP
G

gxsaurav

ok, i m saying it, NAV 2007 right now sux

I managed to install it, it was not installing cos i installed Vista Icon patch 3 which changed msiexec.exe (Windows installer) cos it changed the icons in it, reinstalling Windows installer 3.1 helped & NAV installed fine

Now, who in this world designed the new UI, i feel like nuking him, it looks so fugly, even the NAV 2005 UI was better

& guess what, it said it has compatibility problems with Zone Alarm, well...i can live without an AV but not firewall, cos i need it sometimes a lot, anyway i uninstalled zone alarm & installed NAV 2007, after installation it won't start now

I M right now using KAV 6.0.388 Post RC, will try NAV 2007 on a fresh windows installation later somwhere. one thing for sure, the 5 NAV services were eating 10 MB only in task manager

& really, the UI sux, i mean, this is 2006, who uses Magic pink in the UI in the year 2006

*img141.imageshack.us/img141/1358/navkc5.th.jpg

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief

Haha yes the UI and the Coloring definitely suck, so do the borders. This is one over-cosmetic addup release... hope they dont fall down!

Third Eye

gooby pls

gxsaurav said:
:mad: i managed to install & start NAV 2007 on my system with XP SP2, & just after installation it said my trial had expired...wtf. I even tried rolling back the system date to Septembar 11

& really, the UI sux, i mean, this is 2006, who uses Magic pink in the UI in the year 2006

Thats why NAV sucks !

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT

gxsaurav said:
ok, i m saying it, NAV 2007 right now sux

HE just installed it and got the warning "Your computer is at risk":D
Then he shud have got another warning which he has kept it as a secret
"Plz uninstall NAV and some other for god sake":rolleyes:

OP
G

gxsaurav

rakeshishere

that was a legaly downloaded trial version of NAV 2007 which u can download like i did after registering at symantec

i tried KAV 6.0.1.388 Post RC today, still the same problem, i just went to a folder with a lot of jpg textures, & KAV started auto scanning all in the background & system crawled, donno why can't they fix this one

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
gxsaurav said:
rakeshishere

that was a legaly downloaded trial version of NAV 2007 which u can download like i did after registering at symantec

i tried KAV 6.0.1.388 Post RC today, still the same problem, i just went to a folder with a lot of jpg textures, & KAV started auto scanning all in the background & system crawled, donno why can't they fix this one

OK Ok did i say u dwnldnd it illegally:rolleyes: and plz dnt suggest me of trying norton 2007..I am just fed up with it..Its only my opinion and it may change depending on the individual;)

OP
G

gxsaurav

damn, time to change my mind NAV 2007 does not sux that much, except for the UI which still sux

I reinstalled NAV 2005 worked on it, as normally, then installed NAV 2007 over it, it again gave me 15 days trial back.

While installing it said that it is not compatible with Zone Alarm, i went ahead & installed anyway. If u have zone alarm installed, & set it to load at startup then it won't let NAV 2007 load at startup, so u better disable zone alarm from starting up at system boot

the typical RAM usage is low, just when scanning it eats RAM as it used to with NAV 2K5

*img145.imageshack.us/img145/1521/memusagech4.th.jpg

*img145.imageshack.us/img145/5454/controlpanelwo9.th.jpg

*img145.imageshack.us/img145/9982/scaningpe7.th.jpg

One thing i like, so far i haven't faced any system slowdowns, just like KAV

*img145.imageshack.us/img145/7537/mainwindowaf9.th.jpg

I m gonna keep it for 15 days, legaly, if possible give it a try, i don't think u will be disappointed. Norton is bloated, cos it also has the maximum number of features out there in an AV

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
currently i am testing Nortan 360 code named "Genesis" which has latest builts of ET2 and it also sucks!. but atleast i got legal version of nortan ghost for free as one of testing tools.:)

OP
G

gxsaurav

have been testing it today. Internet worm protection acts as a firewall now, when i uninstalled Zone alarm & started the net with Ad muncher on it said ad muncher wanted to connect, just like a firewall asks

Also, NAV also monitors firewall, maybe this was already in NAV 2006

*img96.imageshack.us/img96/2006/snag0000pt6.th.jpg

The theme can be changed, it's one symtheme.dll file which contains all the bitmaps etc, i m trying to reshack it to make it vistafied:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom