nokia3315 and gprs possible???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Sorry buddy the nokia 3315 dosent have any Gprs Support in it....since it being one of nokia's older models (i.e those monochrome screens) couldnt support Gprs....u atleast need a Colour phone with Gprs Over Wap capability to enable Gprs and even browse smoothly 8)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
3100 is a cheapest nokia phone which offers you Gprs. Rs. 4.8 - 5k only.

Benq (forgot the model name;think 510) has the cheapest phone which has Gprs. It's not a color phone :(

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
allwyndlima said:
Sorry buddy the nokia 3315 dosent have any Gprs Support in it....since it being one of nokia's older models (i.e those monochrome screens) couldnt support Gprs....u atleast need a Colour phone with Gprs Over Wap capability to enable Gprs and even browse smoothly 8)

i disagree...u dont necessarily need a color screen phone 2 use GPRS....take 4 example the nokia 6310 and the 8910...they had a mono screens but came with GPRS...

bharathbala2003

why need title?
saurav_cheeta said:
rather GPRS if we talk about accessing ineternet (From PC).... then??

i gues same answer......

well to browse internet in PC thro a mobile.. u need GRPS min.. but then the speeds wont b gud.. so u shld get a phone that has EDGE.. using this EDGE the speed will b better.. for more details on using MOBILE 2 PC internet chk the sticky thread in GENERAL FORUM

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14034

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Yo Man, he means he wants to use his phone as modem...

We get only 32 kpbs speed with that.

6610 is one such phone with which we can use the phone as modem

drgrudge said:

Benq (forgot the model name;think 510) has the cheapest phone which has Gprs. It's not a color phone :(

check your prices
its just for rs3400

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
neerajvohra said:
drgrudge said:

check your prices
its just for rs3400

dude, prices vary frm place 2 place...so dont balme him 4 posting prices in his area...and his price must b the official price and ur price might b the gery market price....

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
even 8310 supports gprs...

gprs supports a max speed of 44 kbps in india... though the theoritical speed that it can support is 171.6 kbps.... if u utilize all slots....

also,some phones come with HSCSD... which can support 57.6 kbps on 1800 mhz networks(airtel) and 37 kbps on 900 mhz netwoks(orange, hutch)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Nemesis said:
i disagree...u dont necessarily need a color screen phone 2 use GPRS....take 4 example the nokia 6310 and the 8910...they had a mono screens but came with GPRS...

nemi what i meant was for a rather smooth viewing of sites presented with colour images and stuff....Monochromes dun have a good touch while viewing and downloading various items as compared to Color screens....atleast thats what is the need for todays phones with basic Gprs capabilities :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom