Nokia X or Nokia 520

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
wow nevarine and saiyangoku
i can just laugh at ur posts,insecure fanboys,like i said i dont care abput u and im gonna ignore u
personal attacks for no reason arent appreciated
its not like u own android that u have to defend its cons,accept it and move on instead of putting me and everything that isnt android down

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
when did i put anything which isn't android down? :chinscratch:

i even recommended Lumia 520/525 to the OP due to Nokia x being a joke of an android phone :(

PS: Nokia didn't update Lumia 900 to windows 8/8.1 too but devices like Samsung Galaxy S2 got kitkat (CM11) :wink:

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
when did i put anything which isn't android down? :chinscratch:

i even recommended Lumia 520/525 to the OP due to Nokia x being a joke of an android phone :(

PS: Nokia didn't update Lumia 900 to windows 8/8.1 too but devices like Samsung Galaxy S2 got kitkat (CM11) :wink:

let me make it simple for u

android fragmentation is a sad affair given u dont have a guarantee that the phone will get updates
incase u mention wp7 as fragmentation , id remind u that wp8 had a new kernel which wouldnt run on older wp7 devices
wp8.1 also has a different kernel than wp8 and wp7 but it supports all wp8 devices and apps so yeah theres no more wp fragmentation
android kit kat on the other hand supports both ART and Dalvik so theres no reason to stop support for older devices
fyi the lumia 900 was tested to get an upgrade to wp8 which wasnt possible because the hardware wasnt enough to support it properly and was incompatible in a few ways and got most of the features in an update called wp7.8
as for android, there are unnoficial ports which proves that if cyanogenmod can have a galaxy y port of the latest android so why cant google/samsung whatever give out an official update
and if u think i dont own any droids- i own a note 1, note 2, nexus 7(2012),nexus 5 and a lenovo tab of which only the nexus devices are used , the others are just lame
nexus devices are the only androids worth buying ,all others are just sad
as for tablets, nothing beats ipad
so tell me does it still seem like im a fanboy?@nevarine

- - - Updated - - -

anyways this is going way off topic and its not nice to go off topic so guys lets stick to topic , no hard feelings, no offenses taken and each to their own opinion :)
so lets accept that and move on

rish1

Cyborg Agent
but android losing out by its lame update system which only favours nexus
id rather get stock updates officially rather than muck around with roms and customisations its like u buy a decent android phone only to have it "outdated" within a few months and updates stop coming for ur device

I agree That's a problem for android and that's very good advantage for windows phone.. But having said that you have to take into account the time between the updates.. windows phone 8 was launched in october 2012 and windows phone 8.1 in april 2014 .. that's 18 months long.. I don't count gdr updates as updates.. the users have been crying out loud for past 3 years for basic stuff.. and with wp8.1 it has finally come out , also don't forget its only NOKIA that is selling wp.. Other OEM don't have many models.. we will have to wait when other OEM get into picture ..

btw since u mentioned android oems cant afford 1gb devices in that range, lumia 525 has 1gb for a little more and nokia is selling them at minimal profit..

Last i knew Lumia 520 was sold at a loss especially in USA like countries, and initially in india.. looks like they are making minimal profit of 525..

till midrange phone, wp is king,androids in that range are terrible and have bad hardware and poor updates

Nope not with moto G and i am sure not with upcoming phones with kitkat atleast.. wait for Moto E and Lg L65 like devices

Bad hardware ? hardware will be exactly same as android now the Mr.flop division of nokia is sold they won't need to sell better hardware at a loss/no profit situation.. last i checked windows phone 8.1 has opened support to snapdragon 200 chipset so Get ready for an inferior hardware on windows phone compared to what was previously offered :lol:

in high end, it depends on features which vary from phone to phone, so theres no clear winner there

that's another way of saying even you won't buy the WP at high end :lol:

incase u mention moto g as a midrange king , id remind u that it doesnt have an sd card slot and very low storage options(even lumia 520 can run asphalt 8 from its sd card without lag,so its not a performance reason) and moto g was essentially a cheap nexus made by google so theres no guarantee that itll continue to get stock android updates etc after selling moto to lenovo and as googles releasing a new cheap $100 nexus
android fragmentation is a sad affair given u dont have a guarantee that the phone will get updates
incase u mention wp7 as fragmentation , id remind u that wp8 had a new kernel which wouldnt run on older wp7 devices
wp8.1 also has a different kernel than wp8 and wp7 but it supports all wp8 devices and apps so yeah theres no more wp fragmentation

as for ur point about it not being googles responsibility, microsoft has stock wp8/wp8.1 as ota updates thru preview for devs so yeah if they can give such an option so can google

yes android fragmentation is a big issue but you have to look at the no of manuacturers and devices also.. windows phone was made by nokia which was controlled by microsoft
it practically didn't had many OEM besides Google has pushed out a firm notice to all Oem that they are required to ship all new the devices with Android 4.4 otherwise they will cancell their licence.. So google is doing smething about it but yeah sure Fragmentation is a big problem in android sure..

ohh and even the build quality on lumias are much better than most droids afaik plus the battery doesnt explode or something like that

What has that to do anything with android ? you are taking Nokia's credit( build quality + camera ) and using it for justifying windows phone..

I see this everywhere People Love and want Nokia to prosper ( m a nokia faN ) so much that they are even willing to Promote a OS like windows phone( which is actually now worthy of being called an OS after 4 years ) ... Too sad :( Mr. Flop fked it all up so badly... Hope nokia returms in 2016

we will see how mny windows phone will sell when they will be rebranded to "Microsoft Lumia" or simply Lumia with no Nokia name on it..

all i wanted to say that wp was king on low end because Of Nokia providing great hardware and the fact that Android was laggy but with Kitkat and Microsoft taking control of nokia things have become Equal now .. Android is improving on its speed and windows phone has improved on features..

So it will be an equal tie up in low end , Android has advantage of more apps/flexibility.. like you said before in mid and high end windows phone never had and now it never will have any chance because there is no more Nokia now .. its all Microsoft..

Hehe i was about to reply it that day but my net stoped so saved my reply in txt file and posting it now

Last edited:
OP
srkmish

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
With billions in cash reserve, i doubt Microsoft would be worrying about profits from smartphones at the moment. They would be holding high level corporate strategy meetings to increase windows phone share and offering good products at reasonable rates would be one of the ways to achieve that.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
With billions in cash reserve, i doubt Microsoft would be worrying about profits from smartphones at the moment. They would be holding high level corporate strategy meetings to increase windows phone share and offering good products at reasonable rates would be one of the ways to achieve that.
yeah true but if they follow this stratergy of offering mobiles at loss/no profit situation then they run the risk of loosing Samsung , HTC , and other new OEM partners.. it would be like if Google had used Motorola to produce android phones Like and selling at No profit ( nexus like ).. Moto G was enough for samsung to force Google to sell Motorola..

even Nexus outside USa is sold at higher price so they might be going for this startergy,, But if they don't get support of other OEM it's game over for windows phone.. they have already made windows phone Free now ..

So they kind a need some money In return to support development costs which android royality is providing them handsomely but for how long ? last i heard google was working on something to get away with this might be introduced in android 5.0..

if this fails then i think as NAdela has pointed out their PLAN B would be to become A data,Services company much like google providing Office , Cloud Services on all devices and platforms .. they could have achieved everything by Not buying Nokia since it practically was under control of microsoft by having Eflop at top.. But now they run the risk of becoming like apple

their situation with surface tablets is not very good itself.. it all depends on how people will react when new Lumias won't carry the name "Nokia" on it .. and rather have made by microsoft at back or something.. I know at least in India their sales will take a major hit.. they might succeed in USA though..

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I agree That's a problem for android and that's very good advantage for windows phone.. But having said that you have to take into account the time between the updates.. windows phone 8 was launched in october 2012 and windows phone 8.1 in april 2014 .. that's 18 months long.. I don't count gdr updates as updates.. the users have been crying out loud for past 3 years for basic stuff.. and with wp8.1 it has finally come out , also don't forget its only NOKIA that is selling wp.. Other OEM don't have many models.. we will have to wait when other OEM get into picture ..

Last i knew Lumia 520 was sold at a loss especially in USA like countries, and initially in india.. looks like they are making minimal profit of 525..

Nope not with moto G and i am sure not with upcoming phones with kitkat atleast.. wait for Moto E and Lg L65 like devices

Bad hardware ? hardware will be exactly same as android now the Mr.flop division of nokia is sold they won't need to sell better hardware at a loss/no profit situation.. last i checked windows phone 8.1 has opened support to snapdragon 200 chipset so Get ready for an inferior hardware on windows phone compared to what was previously offered :lol:

that's another way of saying even you won't buy the WP at high end :lol:

yes android fragmentation is a big issue but you have to look at the no of manuacturers and devices also.. windows phone was made by nokia which was controlled by microsoft
it practically didn't had many OEM besides Google has pushed out a firm notice to all Oem that they are required to ship all new the devices with Android 4.4 otherwise they will cancell their licence.. So google is doing smething about it but yeah sure Fragmentation is a big problem in android sure..

What has that to do anything with android ? you are taking Nokia's credit( build quality + camera ) and using it for justifying windows phone..

I see this everywhere People Love and want Nokia to prosper ( m a nokia faN ) so much that they are even willing to Promote a OS like windows phone( which is actually now worthy of being called an OS after 4 years ) ... Too sad :( Mr. Flop fked it all up so badly... Hope nokia returms in 2016

we will see how mny windows phone will sell when they will be rebranded to "Microsoft Lumia" or simply Lumia with no Nokia name on it..

all i wanted to say that wp was king on low end because Of Nokia providing great hardware and the fact that Android was laggy but with Kitkat and Microsoft taking control of nokia things have become Equal now .. Android is improving on its speed and windows phone has improved on features..

So it will be an equal tie up in low end , Android has advantage of more apps/flexibility.. like you said before in mid and high end windows phone never had and now it never will have any chance because there is no more Nokia now .. its all Microsoft..

Hehe i was about to reply it that day but my net stoped so saved my reply in txt file and posting it now

you are so clueless man , moto g doesnt stand a chance with 8gb and 16gb internal mem
android stands for piracy
as for fewer oems for windows phone there are 5 oems at the moment but lumias are the best plus iphones dont have any oems still even ios screws android
ur just mad coz u support piracy and lag and are misinterpretting my points
u mad bro?

- - - Updated - - -

yeah something android oems do is they cheat customers with no updates and support and poor build quality [MENTION=138559]rish[/MENTION] before u "correct" me , just google android and windows phones with "explode" in the search, id rather not spend on a phone which may explode in my pocket :D

- - - Updated - - -

520s werent sold at a loss everywhere , only in usa it was a loss

rish1

Cyborg Agent
you are so clueless man , moto g doesnt stand a chance with 8gb and 16gb internal mem
android stands for piracy
your last post was very good with valid points .. But once i refute it with valid points you go crazy and start posting things like
You made bro ? , you clueless ?
whats your problem if moto G doesn't have Micro Sd ? they did not wanted to give so what ? that's a drawback for that phone its like saying lumia 520/525 does not have flash so Lumia 525/520 sucks ! its the drawback of that phone .. every phone has positives and drawback..
as for fewer oems for windows phone there are 5 oems at the moment

what oems ? nokia controls 95 % of Windows phone share.. to launch 1 device and forget about it is not the same as releasing 15 models in a year and actively supporting..

but lumias are the best plus iphones dont have any oems still even ios screws android
Ios screws android because iOS itself started the App Ecosystem and what people today call as Smartphones.. before that it was Business Mobiles/PDA though so yeah they were ahead and already had a matured OS though a closed one.. here where it is different than windows phone.. windows phone is now starting to become a bit mature till last year it was way behind a basic OS also... secondly majority of users don't buy it for OS they buy it for Apple Hardware and the show off value that it carries.. apple has been always viewed as a premium brand so comparison is just wrong here..
ur just mad coz u support piracy and lag and are misinterpretting my points
u mad bro?

If android stands for Piracy then So does Microsoft windows :lol:

yeah something android oems do is they cheat customers with no updates and support and poor build quality

Yeah what microsoft does is cheat and fool customers by not even giving basic functions such as call recording for 4 years.. and how about doing a simple thing such as changing the wallpaper and removing the tiles No ? ohh the mighty windows phone 8.1 even can't do that haha
[MENTION=138559]rish[/MENTION] before u "correct" me , just google android and windows phones with "explode" in the search, id rather not spend on a phone which may explode in my pocket :D

why would i correct you .. you are an enlightened Soul ..

you don't understand english ? what has build Quality/explosion to do with OS ?

ok so tell me which phone exploded ? samsung /Htc ? samsung/htc makes windows phone as well so you are telling me that even microsoft will partner with exploding OEM ? not only that micromax,Xolo are new hardware partners of windows phone whose phone explodes so you are telling me windows phone is promoting explosion ? hahaha at least think before you write :hammer: :lol:

520s werent sold at a loss everywhere , only in usa it was a loss

yeah true but they didn't make any profits on 520 sold here either.. and occasionally they were giving crazy offers , secondly you are forgetting the Ad campaign and promotion they did for lumia 520 was massive.. every day times of india front page was full of lumia 520 ads and tv promotion was certainly the best promotion i have ever seen ... Nokia at their best.. the hardware that they were providing was very expensive at that time.. dual core kraits.. even today we don't see any OEm providing dual core kraits under 10k after 1.5 year

the soc they used was a Mid range SOC and not entry level and in USA,europe it was the height .. 50$ offcontract sale prices and regular prices were 70$ off contract.. that is how they were able to gain some market share

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
id rather get stock updates officially rather than muck around with roms and customisations
its like u buy a decent android phone only to have it "outdated" within a few months and updates stop coming for ur device

as for ur point about it not being googles responsibility, microsoft has stock wp8/wp8.1 as ota updates thru preview for devs so yeah if they can give such an option so can google

Yeah, that is main problem with androids even though ICS has serious audio routing issues google didn't do anything neither OEM atleast google should provide fix or force OEM to provide update.

Even i find windows phone to be smooth but problem with them is there is very less software compared to android for e.g download manager.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
your last post was very good with valid points .. But once i refute it with valid points you go crazy and start posting things like
You made bro ? , you clueless ?
whats your problem if moto G doesn't have Micro Sd ? they did not wanted to give so what ? that's a drawback for that phone its like saying lumia 520/525 does not have flash so Lumia 525/520 sucks ! its the drawback of that phone .. every phone has positives and drawback..

what oems ? nokia controls 95 % of Windows phone share.. to launch 1 device and forget about it is not the same as releasing 15 models in a year and actively supporting..

Ios screws android because iOS itself started the App Ecosystem and what people today call as Smartphones.. before that it was Business Mobiles/PDA though so yeah they were ahead and already had a matured OS though a closed one.. here where it is different than windows phone.. windows phone is now starting to become a bit mature till last year it was way behind a basic OS also... secondly majority of users don't buy it for OS they buy it for Apple Hardware and the show off value that it carries.. apple has been always viewed as a premium brand so comparison is just wrong here..

If android stands for Piracy then So does Microsoft windows :lol:

Yeah what microsoft does is cheat and fool customers by not even giving basic functions such as call recording for 4 years.. and how about doing a simple thing such as changing the wallpaper and removing the tiles No ? ohh the mighty windows phone 8.1 even can't do that haha

why would i correct you .. you are an enlightened Soul ..

you don't understand english ? what has build Quality/explosion to do with OS ?

ok so tell me which phone exploded ? samsung /Htc ? samsung/htc makes windows phone as well so you are telling me that even microsoft will partner with exploding OEM ? not only that micromax,Xolo are new hardware partners of windows phone whose phone explodes so you are telling me windows phone is promoting explosion ? hahaha at least think before you right

yeah true but they didn't make any profits on 520 sold here either.. and occasionally they were giving crazy offers , secondly you are forgetting the Ad campaign and promotion they did for lumia 520 was massive.. every day times of india front page was full of lumia 520 ads and tv promotion was certainly the best promotion i have ever seen ... Nokia at their best.. the hardware that they were providing was very expensive at that time.. dual core kraits.. even today we don't see any OEm providing dual core kraits under 10k after 1.5 year

the soc they used was a Mid range SOC and not entry level and in USA,europe it was the height .. 50$ offcontract sale prices and regular prices were 70$ off contract.. that is how they were able to gain some market share

so u would buy android without a phone? thats seems very smart
ofcourse if u buy a phone u buy it for both the software and hardware
u seem confused

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
U have no points u started out with valid stuff but u seem seriously misinformed and confused

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I'm not being mean to u or something but try all options out then comment , if u don't believe I own all the devices I mentioned check out my instagram

- - - Updated - - -

stop going off-topic or personal attacks, sarcasm etc,post relevent stuff

i heard thus thread was gonna get locked so before it gets locked..lemme contribute something
*ih0.redbubble.net/image.16028584.2900/fc,550x550,white.u1.jpg

Top Bottom