Nokia X or Nokia 520

rish1

Cyborg Agent
NOKIA X has A5 If i am not wrong

i meant the death of cortex A5 has started ,, soon you will see all new and upcoming phone launches with this chipset ..

Like LG L40 , xperia E1 , Samsung variant is yet to be launched

Nokia X series is 2013 they were already produced in august , september but delayed due to MS - Nokia acquisition

rish1

Cyborg Agent
why so bad reviews to nokia x.........

2 reasons

1- it uses cortex A5 and old gpu

2- it does not have kitkat .. android 4.1 is too heavy for 512 mb ram ( i don't think nokia will provide kitkat in future since this chipset would not be supported by qualcomm for 4.4 as it is too cheap and old .. and low end does not get updates.. besides since it is heavily forked , users won't be expecting an android update ... those who do will go to xda

you can even read reviews they all talk about lag in UI and Apps

then the default setup , looks ,apps selection functionality are just mediocore.. the best thing about it is HERE maps which i think now can be installed on any phone ( not sure, heard .apk was extracted )

so why go for nokia x if you can have xperia e1 at same price ?

if you really want that camera and Nokia phone then lumia 520 is already there..

Last edited:

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Imho, Android is heavy for something like my desktop configuration :|

android is not heavy .. i think it is samsung touchwiz problem :p no offence bhai besides s4 was laggy because of buggy switching of cores in big.LITTLE architecture.. since they weren't hetrogenous..

Moto G performs flawlessly .. like i said before with jellybean android became smooth and silky but it needed way too much resources to run like 1 gb ram minimum and good Quad core Cortex A9 cpu

with kitkat these requirements have been brought down to 512 mb ram and the cpu in today's low end are performing close to Quad core Cortex A9. so you get essentially the same high end experience on budget devices..

Last edited:
OP
srkmish

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Thanks for all the suggestions. It is going to be 520 or E1. One more concern i had is , i will be dropping my phone frequently. I am a little clumsy. So which phone will have better protection. I know that Nokia has tough build quality but i read somewhere that these nokia phones break more frequently than galaxy phones on drop due to high impact owing to larger weight. I want some real life experience of members who have dropped their phones 5-10 times atleast

Flash

Lost in speed
Dropped 520 2-3 times, no problems till (except that the backcover will open and the battery will pop out sometimes) :lol:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Dropped 520 2-3 times, no problems till (except that the backcover will open and the battery will pop out sometimes) :lol:

same here.;). it looks like my phone's back cover and flip cover are friends as they will be always together when the phone is fallen. but battery and display are enemies as they will be at far as possible :(

Piyush

Lanaya
I use both 520 and an android device (Moto G).
And to be honest, that feel of 520 is something no Android device can fill up. But on the other hand MotoG has its own areas of excellence.

And it all comes down to your requirement. IF you need a simple smartphone under that budget, I'll recommend you to go for 520 eyes closed. People say that E1 will get 4.4 and the 512 mb RAM wont be an issue. But jeez, after it comes down to hands of an avg customer like us, it doesnt matter how much the phone gets updated, we'll still feel some loopholes lingering around.

So upto you now. My personal preference is for 520 over E1 any day :)

rish1

Cyborg Agent
*discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-Lumia/Re-lumia-520-broken-screen/td-p/1906656

That lumia 520 was in a protective case and stilll broke..

it actually depends on the angle at which it is dropped.. No matter whether the phone is made of chimpanzee/gorilla/monkey glass and no matter what the brand is if it drops at a wrong angle even a slight drop from knee height will break it..

i have an old HTC explorer and it must have dropped around 40-50 times in 2 years from 4 feets i am very careless :p , and i have also seen the same phone's screen got broken by just a slight drop

What you should check is that the build Quality of plastic is good or not .. lumia 520 is already very strong like all nokia phones are ,, gsmarena mentions strong build quality of E1. but go out and check both of them at a store and see what suits you..

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
What about the games ?
Can I run best games on Nokia Windows for FREE(u know what I mean) ?

do you think that you can run those *best* games on nokia x with such an old proccy??

if what you mean is what i mean, you can deploy upto 10 apps/games to a dev unlocked windows phone.:D google it.

Top Bottom