Nokia to launch phone that stores 3,000 songs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Nokia to launch phone that stores 3,000 songs

Nokia on Wednesday announced a trio of new phones, including one that can store up to 3,000 songs.

The N91 has an integrated 4GB hard disk and supports digital music formats including MP3, M4A, AAC and WMA, Nokia said.

Additionally, the handset comes with a stereo headset with remote control. The N91, expected to ship by the end of the year, will also feature a 2-megapixel camera, e-mail support, a Web-browser and video-sharing capabilities, the device maker said.

The phone supports WCDMA, wireless local area networking and Bluetooth, and subscribers can shop at online music stores directly from the device, the company said. Users can synchronize the device with their computers via USB 2.0 and create and manage playlists that, in turn, can be shared with others via Bluetooth, e-mail or multimedia messaging.

Source: c|net news

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Hehe go ahead and buy the K750i pradeep. This monster is gonna cost a ton of money-probably in excess of $700 when it comes out at the end of the year.

eminemence

Journeyman
These are the phones
*www.nokia.com/nseries/
One of the phones has 4gb HDD :shock:
And they have symbian 8) 8)
Bye.
--eminemence.

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
All this will be pointless if we have to hear the songs on Nokia's crappy earphones. If Nokia dosen't want to bundle good quality earphones, the least they can do is allow us to use our own.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
drvarunmehta said:
All this will be pointless if we have to hear the songs on Nokia's crappy earphones. If Nokia dosen't want to bundle good quality earphones, the least they can do is allow us to use our own.

crappy earphones????
huuh....iam facing no such "real" problems with them... :roll:

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
pradeep_chauhan said:
Oh No, so buying the k750i is not so attractive now.

iam looking for upgrading my nokia 6220 to sumthing better..nd k750i looks promising to me.. its price??? ohh ny other phone worth mentioning that will be coming up...iam going to buy it around may end or june...

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
grinning_devil said:
drvarunmehta said:

crappy earphones????
huuh....iam facing no such "real" problems with them... :roll:

I didn't say that there was a problem with them.
All i'm saying is that the sound quality is only good enough when used as a handsfree. If you listen to songs then they are not upto the mark. Even ordinary earphones costing 300 bucks sound better.

And even if Nokia dosen't want to bundle better quality earphones, they can atleast provide the option to let us use our own earphones.

G

gxsaurav

K750i will beat it hand down, as it also got a 2 MP cam,

besides, the W800 is what will compete to this, remember it will come bundled with 512 MB Memory card in the package free (cost included)

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
drvarunmehta said:

The N91 allows you to use your own headphones. Read the description of the phone on the website properly.

GX, the N91 also has a 2MP cam. One of the other models has a Carl Zeiss lens too. Plus they have Symbian which the K750i does not. The K750i or the W800i do not come with a 4GB HDD or Wi-Fi or 3G. So pray tell me, how will the K750i or the W800i beat it hands down? Sure they can use expandable memory but that will cost so much more than the phone itself.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Nokis rulezzz and owns!!!

But i think it will be costlier than 9500 and be a high end phone, which most of us cant afford.

@Gx, N91 got almost all the features that K750i got and even more :D But the only thing is that it will cost more than k750.....

NikhilVerma

Padawan
I will just wait for the prices to go down... Coz I alsways dreamed of a mp3 player/mobile phone...

Damn 4GB is a mobile! It's just too high!

G

gxsaurav

I wasn’t giving a lot of attention to this phone lately, but after a few research pages, I can highlight the shortcomings of N91 compared to W800, and not k750i as W800 is the walkman phone

Storage

N91 is better as it got 4GB HD, but due to this the phones becomes heavy, & eats a lot of more battery compared to W800 which has flash storage in the form of Memory stick duo, now don't tell me that a HD eats power less then flash storage, if they increase the battery it will increase the weight, it's already 160 gm compared to 100 gm of W800, tad heavy, also incorporating a HD has increased the dimensions of this phone

Camera

Both got 2 MP Cam, but W800 got Auto Focus, however N91 got Carl zeiss lens, but U should know that a 2MP lens isn't everything for a good image, ok, I admit that the night image quality in a K700i sucks, but it is better in S700i & I hope it will be even better in W800. Besides w800 also got flash support. N91 supports 20X digital zoom, but it is just a trick & lowers quality

Music

The most important aspect, W800 can play Mp3 & MP4 AAC, & mp4 is better then mp3 when it comes to playback on a Mobile player, as it gives the same quality compared to mp3 at half the bit rate, while N91 also supports the same with WMA, some people prefer these

Size & Style

W800 is a lot better, not only smaller then N91 but also good in looks, but it can be subjective, some people like a pencil box size mobile

Exclusive to N91 U can buy music on the fly in your mobile from a compatible online music distributor

Networking features

N91 is better as it provides, EDGE, & Wifi something W800 lacks, ok, EDGE will be missed in W800 but not wifi, I mean we don't even have enough laptop hotspots in India, so don't bother counting this feature in India. Although N91 is a complete 3G phone, but their is no 3G provider here in India, so this feature will be useless for about 1 year at least, in that time the prices will fall down. How many people U know who use full features of their phone be it any vendor?

OS & Softwares

here W800 wins, not only it uses SE's own OS because of which it is safe from a majority or viruses, but also faster then symbian, as even with the 6630 & it's fast CPU, the phone gets slow just after 2 weeks of usage, don't know Y

But Symbian is better as one can install more softwares on it & it has better support for third party developers, but again, what feature is their in say 6630 which isn't in S700i by default without application installation

W800 will be providing VideoDJ, a small video editor inbuilt something N91 hasn't confirmed about

-----------------------------------

Opinions differ; I would say that better use then chose if U can live with 160 gm weight & big size of N91 then go for that, else W800 will be available soon

chinmay

Journeyman
hmm...i think n91 is much better than w800...how cn u ppl consider buyin nethin other than nokia when nokia's services r not even comparable to any other brands

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
gxsaurav said:
here W800 wins, not only it uses SE's own OS because of which it is safe from a majority or viruses, but also faster then symbian, as even with the 6630 & it's fast CPU, the phone gets slow just after 2 weeks of usage, don't know Y
you're right. the 6630 is ridiculously slow. if you open a folder that has about 5-6 images, the phone takes atleast 10 seconds to load it (im not making this up). doing the same thing on a 6610 takes 1 second. using a 6630 is like trying to play HL2 on a 486.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
The HDD implimentation will be a thing to watch out things like bty usage will depend on the buffer size obviously the hdd like in PC will not be spinning alwase it will transfer data to flash and spin down and restart when flash data is low. The main thing here is btty life.
Also any thing with a HDD is more prone to dammage so i for one would not like to have a phone with a hdd as any fall of the phone will likely damage the hdd and thus the phone.
So i feel K750i is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom