Nokia N900, Xperia X10, Motorola Milestone !

nikhilpai

Techans
Indication is that it could be 26-27k. Not confirmed though; so don't send me brickbats if its more ;)

Psst... There's a Nokia event happening in Delhi this Friday. Wonder what it is!

Kvishal

In the zone
Nokia has these kind of events happening on every Friday, nothing new in it. It may be a generic event, not a Launch event. But as far as N900 is concerned, people can buy it starting coming monday.

kelly

Broken In
There is something new that is coming to India. I’ve just seen a video on shoutmeloud.com *www.shoutmeloud.com/nokia-upcoming-mobile-social-media-and-multi-media-goes-hand-to-hand.html and i think its related to n900.

Kvishal

In the zone
^^ Friday event is the N900 launch. Not a generic event. Confirmed. Maybe available in stores from Monday.

You mentioned earlier also somewhere in this thread, that Nokia has some event on this weekend which is the Launch of N900...Blah..Blah..which turned out to be absolute Bollocks !!

You keep posting about these events which Nokia has and then you say well, it was not the Launch. so is there any basis to this information you dig out ?

There is something new that is coming to India. I’ve just seen a video on shoutmeloud.com *www.shoutmeloud.com/nokia-upcoming-mobile-social-media-and-multi-media-goes-hand-to-hand.html and i think its related to n900.

you can find several articals like this on internet. How much truth such articals generate, God knows. Since mid of April Nokia.co.in shows Nokia N900 coming soon.... and its almost 2 months now.

But if its confirmed that N900 will be launched on 7th of June, then I will be pleased. I was patiently waiting for this moment

nikhilpai

Techans
Nokia N900 launch party starting very soon in Delhi. We are only a few minutes away from the N900 launch in India!

Edit: Nokia N900 officially launched in India. Will be available in stores from June 11.
MRP is Rs. 30,619
Pre-loaded with PR 1.2

Last edited:
Nokia N900 launch party starting very soon in Delhi. We are only a few minutes away from the N900 launch in India!

Edit: Nokia N900 officially launched in India. Will be available in stores from June 11.
MRP is Rs. 30,619
Pre-loaded with PR 1.2

Why so much of delay in availability when it will be launched today??

Kvishal

In the zone
Why so much of delay in availability when it will be launched today??

Ha...Ha...Good Question.Ask him that he sure knows everything.

BTW, Yes the Phone has been launched.

*www.fonearena.com/blog/18145/nokia-n900-launching-in-india-at-a-price-of-rs-30639.html

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Launch does not mean phone will be in stores. It takes time between launch and the phone to reach the stores.

red dragon

Master troll
>30k for that geometry box!!? Milestone is available for 27-28k,X10 for 29k,who will buy this?The price should drop below 25k in a couple of months.

cmonman

Right off the assembly line
Well yes considering the prices of x10 n milestone it is expensive..but this is just d starting price..it will come down in 2months..not by more but than 2k. And as far as x10 is considered wat is d sense of capacitive screen wen u dont hav multi touch available?? n N900 has one of d best resistive screen in d market.. n after using ipod touch i m amazed with d N900 screen...
i dont knw abt others but wats d point in buying x10 wen it does not hav front cam so no video calling...soon available with 3G n already available @30paise with BSNL.
N900 gives gtalk video calling capability also n with fb integrated its a lot of fun..
n d FM transmitter is amazing within 5m choose any frequency other than those which r already occupied by d radio stations n then transmit to any no of devices... works gr8 in my car...
n hey both X10 n milestone hav hardly on board memory...only 512MB can b used for apps in X10!!

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

After using NGage-QD n N73 I became a nokia fan..but seeing the performance of S60v5 with touch phones i was disappointed..but then i saw N900. Besides d lack of apps which is d biggest flaw its only d lack of games which bothers me...
It conveniently replaces my ipod(though 32GB is not same as 120GB) coz of larger screen n a very good display n with d connectivity to my tv with d cable.
It replaces my N73 ofcourse but not my 7.2MP Sony digicam coz inspite of carl zeiss d cam is not dat good as a 5MP shud be..

Well for anyone was wants to buy a mobile phone for
1) Good internet browsing capabilities(browsing available in portrait mode)
2)Voip n video calling(via gtalk also, d integrated IM feature with fb n gtalk is amazing with all ur contacts added automatically)
3)Listening to music n watching movies(plays divX)(32GB +upto16GB)
4)FM tuner n transmitter n also fm recording function(not seen in symbian phones)
5)Lastly with an actual keypad coz be it capcitive of iphone or resistive I just dont like d touchpads.(Compared to milestone-which has no radio n just 128MB storage)

Shud go for N900...

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
^^Okk ur comparision is valid at some point...lets compare with the latest phone...Samsung Galaxy I9000

N900 Galaxy
Width 18mm 9.9mm
Weight 181gm 118gm
Screen TFT resistive Super AMOLED
Size 3.5Inch 4 Inch
Qwerty yes No
dual Speaker yes No
Memory 32GB 16GB
RAM 256MB 512MB
Video recording 848x480@25 720P@30fps
Bluetooth V2.1 v3
processor 600mhz 1ghz
radio yes yes

Samsung Galaxy have the best gaming hardware inside:razz:

best thing is its only 2k costlier then N900:p:p

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ Also add Wifi N to the Galaxy S list :p

Btw, where did you get the price info for Galaxy S? AFAIK, its not yet released in India.

Top Bottom