Nokia N900, Xperia X10, Motorola Milestone !

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Do they really believe that someone will spend 35k for that junk?
N900 isn't/wasn't "junk."

It's too late to launch it now in India. Too late.

Edit:
Maemo 5 has been succeeded by MeeGo, no point in buying now.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

why do I have a feeling that he is one of those Nokia and Linux fanboys who are not aware that Android too is linux based :)
Android is Linux-based. Maemo is Linux. *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maemo

Not comparing the availability of applications, but just the platform in general. Please do go through the above link.

Last edited:
Nokia has gone MAD.Do they really believe that someone will spend 35k for that junk?Well,may be they do,some people bought N97 for 30k!!And we blame Apple for ridiculous pricing,nokia is not far behind,at least apple products are good looking.

Why not?? its not hard to fool customers who have money but lack technical knowledge. When someone can easily spend 50K on a crap like Nokia 8800. Which is not even a smartphone, just a luxary device. N900 has million times better than that. Still 35K does'nt justify its value

---------- Post added 25-05-2010 at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was 24-05-2010 at 11:47 PM ----------

N900 isn't/wasn't "junk."

It's too late to launch it now in India. Too late.

Edit:
Maemo 5 has been succeeded by MeeGo, no point in buying now.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Android is Linux-based. Maemo is Linux. *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maemo

Not comparing the availability of applications, but just the platform in general. Please do go through the above link.

Thank you. Which smartphone would you consider as the jack of all trade?

nikhilpai

Techans
N900 Firmware update (PR 1.2) released.
New features include Facebook IM integration, video calling, portrait browsing (not sure whether portrait browsing is limited to internet browser or across the phone)

Now the BIG bad news: N900 will not be upgraded to MeeGo when its available. Booo!

New features include Facebook IM integration, video calling, portrait browsing (not sure whether portrait browsing is limited to internet browser or across the phone)

Now the BIG bad news: N900 will not be upgraded to MeeGo when its available. Booo!

So does that means that its launched will be further delayed??:evil:

nikhilpai

Techans
^^ Its possible that the launch has been delayed due to this & the phone may get PR 1.2 out of the box. Not sure though whether this is the reason.

^^ Its possible that the launch has been delayed due to this & the phone may get PR 1.2 out of the box. Not sure though whether this is the reason.

Thats not a big concern. Because once Meego is out, everyone can upgrade it online. I think N900 will have dual boot option

Kvishal

In the zone

One gets a feeling that Nokia was specially waiting for this Software Update to be released so they can launch N900 along with the updated software along with the new product and hence the delay !

I guess there are some Nokia Loyals here.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thank you. Which smartphone would you consider as the jack of all trade?
At the moment, obviously Android. Maemo 5 is history.

But Maemo certainly HAD more potential. I had used N900 back in January itself. Nokia just didn't push it's platform like the way Google pushed Android.

It was really unhappy to see a few people over here just BLATANTLY bashed Maemo 5 without even using it. Might be because the "troll" who has been banned was bashing Android without even using it.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
*www.google.com/trends/viz?q=Android,+Maemo&date=all&geo=all&graph=weekly_img&sort=0&sa=N

Blue is Android and Red is Maemo.

Google trends.

LINK

nikhilpai

Techans
Thats not a big concern. Because once Meego is out, everyone can upgrade it online. I think N900 will have dual boot option

You didn't check my post completely. Note that the N900 will not get the upgrade to Meego officially. So forget about the dual boot option.
You may of course be able to load a custom ROM with Meego if you want to experiment.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Nokia updates N900 to version 1.2 in UK, closes door on MeeGo

By Thomas Ricker *www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/writer_rss.gif posted May 25th 2010 3:48AM

*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/05/n900-meego-nogo-raster.jpg​
You've overclocked it and hacked it to run OS X and Android, now you can return your N900 to its native Maemo 5 OS with the launch of a version 1.2 software update. The V10.2010.19-1 bump now available in the UK (global on Wednesday) packs several enhancements including face-to-face video calling, improved Ovi Maps, and a better email experience with bundled Facebook IM Chat and the ability to accept or decline event invitations from the inbox. You'll also see a number of new games when the Ovi Store switches over on Thursday.

And after much speculation, Nokia's also admitting that MeeGo will not be officially supported on the N900 once the Intel / Nokia OS is device ready. Nokia will continue to support the core Maemo OS, however, as demonstrated by today's update. Regardless, we're sure that the N900's active fan-base will deliver a MeeGo update outside of official channels, especially since the N900 is already being used as a platform for ARM-based MeeGo development.
SOURCE: engadget.com :)

mandrake

Broken In
Hi guys! i want to buy a smart phone with qwerty keyboard but i am confused as to which one to buy.
Can the experts here guide me pls?

I need a phone with qwerty keyboard, so i have finalized a few phones:

• Nokia N97 : OS Symbian
  • Nokia N900 : OS Maemo
  • SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro : OS Android
  • SE Vivaz Pro: OS Symbian

I thought of buying N900 but after reading another thread where n900 was totally destroyed i am bit confused... specially after reading comments by desi bond.

Should i be looking at the OS? is Android better than Maemo?
I have a budget of 25k which can be stretched a bit to 27-30k max.

is there any other phone which you guys can suggest?

Looking forward for your response. :smile:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hi guys! i want to buy a smart phone with qwerty keyboard but i am confused as to which one to buy.
Can the experts here guide me pls?

I need a phone with qwerty keyboard, so i have finalized a few phones:

• Nokia N97 : OS Symbian
  • Nokia N900 : OS Maemo
  • SE Xperia X10 Mini Pro : OS Android
  • SE Vivaz Pro: OS Symbian

I thought of buying N900 but after reading another thread where n900 was totally destroyed i am bit confused... specially after reading comments by desi bond.

Should i be looking at the OS? is Android better than Maemo?
I have a budget of 25k which can be stretched a bit to 27-30k max.

is there any other phone which you guys can suggest?

Looking forward for your response. :smile:

If you are looking for a physical QWERTY keyboard go for Motorola Milestone. It costs less than ur budget and better than all ur choices.

talwar

Broken In
I just saw a video on ZOMGitsCj and i think Nokia is going to release the N900 in India. I’m not totally sure but the hint seems to indicate this.

Top Bottom