Nokia N900, Xperia X10, Motorola Milestone !

augustya

Journeyman
Dear All,

I am planning to buy a Smart Phone, when I say smart phone I mean like really a technologically advanced phone which is currently in the Market. which is not just restricted to Applications and Music. I am looking out for like a complete phone,Maybe a P.C substitute kind of thing(Mobile Computing). Which has the best operating system, Good Internet surfing capabilities, Good Emailing options like a Qwerty Keypad (Must).So I am looking out for like a complete phone, Versatile phone, Great in Multi-Tasking :p.

Between the Nokia N900, Motorola-Milestone and Sony Erriccson Xperia X10. Which one should I go for? Great Screen, Fantastic Display to watch Movies, Videos is also one must requirement that I have :razz:.

Who should buy which phone ? is there like a classification that can be done after understanding someone’s requirement. I am kind of keen to buy between N900 and Xperia X10 but am confused…anyone to the rescue…

I am not so much in to Android…Android... as people are harping about these days. For me Android or Maemo it is gonna be a new experience a first time thing. So I will have equal emmotions for both of them till I use it. Can you guys please suggest out of these three.

One More thing I wanna think beyond the iphone for gods sake *www.cnet.com/i/mb/emoticons/happy.gif

Thanks in Advance !

red dragon

Master troll
You are asking for too much mate.There is no pc substitute phone as yet(regardless of what mobile manufacturers are claiming)
x10 does not come with a key pad,so it is out.N900 is not available in India.So basically you are left with milestone only,which is a great phone.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Milestone.. Or you can wait for HTC Desire.. But I predict that this thread will be plastered with "X10" by a certain someone..

sujoyp

Grand Master
As the red dragon told u...u dont have any more choice left...u want a qwerty keypad phone u go with milestone
U want a multimedia powerhouse u go with X10

Simple:p

hwsbh

Broken In
as of now, u can only get milestone....sadly, N900 is not out yet. One of my frineds in UK has it and he goes gaga over it. Calls it "multi-tasking ka baap".

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
as of now, u can only get milestone....sadly, N900 is not out yet. One of my frineds in UK has it and he goes gaga over it. Calls it "multi-tasking ka baap".

I know guys, Nokia N900 is not available in India officially, but it is available in the Grey Market. And if the phone is worth it, I dont mind buying it from the latter. Yes as "hwsbh" has pointed out even I have read some reviews and seen people discussing it in quite a few forums that "The N900 is easily not only the Baap but The Grandfather of Multi-Tasking phones" :-o. If someone has to relate it to something let me say it has got a Engine of a Ferrari (Solid Processor with 3X graphic card) It is a Computer disguised as a Phone, is what people are calling it.

Though the X10 does not have a Qwerty Key Pad it still attracts me for its Big screen,elegant looks and some other features in it :razz:. So I am really confused.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
If someone has to relate it to something let me say it has got a Engine of a Ferrari (Solid Processor with 3X graphic card) It is a Computer disguised as a Phone, is what people are calling it.

If thats the case, the Desire,X10,HD2,i9000 galaxy are the stone age ancestors of multi-tasking phones.Bleh. Dont get it from the grey market.Try some other phone. The N900 has been plagued with problems in the Uk, and if you land up with a lemon, you will be paying a huge price for it.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
@dreamcatcher- According to you every nokia device has a problem..Isn't it ? N900 is coming to India soon .. expected price is around 25k ..

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
@dreamcatcher- According to you every nokia device has a problem..Isn't it ? N900 is coming to India soon .. expected price is around 25k ..
Correction.. For him, all phones which are not manufactured by SE have problems :/

red dragon

Master troll

If N900 comes wth a price tag of 25k,I will buy it the day it hits Indian market.
If x10 is available for 10k,I will think even before recommending it to a friend.SE is screwing up all it`s high end phones,x1,x2,satio(worst),and now x10.

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman

Yes, The Nokia N900 is slated to hit Indian Shores by June-2010 !! My Feeling is it is already available in the grey market for around 25k-26K around $500-$600 in U.S depending on how cheap deal one gets(online&store), so keeping all this in Mind I think it should be close to 30K for sure in India !!

It is gonna be the Arrival of the Big Daddy :razz: sabse bada Baap in Mobile computing :shock: ! Lot of Hysteria already created...

red dragon

Master troll
Yes, The Nokia N900 is slated to hit Indian Shores by June-2010 !! My Feeling is it is already available in the grey market for around 25k-26K around $500-$600 in U.S depending on how cheap deal one gets(online&store), so keeping all this in Mind I think it should be close to 30K for sure in India !!

It is gonna be the Arrival of the Big Daddy :razz: sabse bada Baap in Mobile computing :shock: ! Lot of Hysteria already created...
Do you know this? It does not have portrait mode.WTF!!!

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Between the Nokia N900, Motorola-Milestone and Sony Erriccson Xperia X10. Which one should I go for? Great Screen, Fantastic Display to watch Movies, Videos is also one must requirement that I have
If you are a multimedia fan and you play tons of formats make sure that Android supports it first. otherwise you will hit an obstacle. Personally I would have gone for one of the other Multimedia oriented phones since that seems to be your main requisite. But Im not sure how a N900 is when compared on the Multimedia front. Oh by the way the large screen on X10 doesnt mean its the best screen of the group. If you are looking for quality you need to reconsider. If you are looking for real estate than maybe the X10. However if it was me with the above requirements I would go with HD2.

That said, Coreplayer has been working on an all-in-one solution which may not be near. But with time I'm sure something will work out.

red dragon

Master troll
I fully agree with you ,hd2 has the best display,watching movies is pure pleasure,just wished it had a powerful battery.BTW is the extended battery available here?

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I fully agree with you ,hd2 has the best display,watching movies is pure pleasure,just wished it had a powerful battery.BTW is the extended battery available here?
None of these phones can boast of long battery life. Mainly its based on how you use your phone. Yeah I know the X10 has a 1500mah batter guess what, based on the way I use it it doesn't last enough for a day. Neither does my htc Magic or any other phone I have.

Android is cool and all and I see it doing quite a bit of good. However at the moment if the above were my needs Id pick a phone which would give me those abilities immediately.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
*www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/News/465444/nokia_n86_hit_by_hardware_faults.html

Dealers and repair centres report a high number of faulty Nokia N86 coming in for repair, suffering similar problems experienced on the N900 and N97

Nokia’s N86 handset has come under fire from for hardware issues with its microUSB charging port. The complaints follow similar problems with its N900 and N97 devices.

Several dealers have reported large numbers of repairs, with customers complaining of a major charging problem – the microUSB charging socket gets pushed inside the handset when customer go to connect the cable.

In February, Mobile News reported problems with N900, where two prongs on the charging cable were so tight the whole microUSB port came away when the cable was disconnected. The N97 has suffered a similar problem.

In the last three months Wimbledon- based repair centre Turn On Your Mobile has received "a high number" of N86, N97 and N900 handsets with faults. Proprietor Mark Pollak said: "It is a widespread Nokia problem. Nokia doesn’t seem to have done anything to rectify them."

Go for it.Its your money.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent

Wait for it .. I will suggest wait a bit more .. Nokia is coming with N8 , a symbian 3 device with 12mp cam, xenon, hd video, capacitive touch etc ..Not far away. Wait a bit and then have a look at all the options and get a device since ur spending 25-30k on a phone. Make a wise choice..

sujoyp

Grand Master
@ dreamcatcher ...no need to justify X10...u will be fighting 1 on 10:razz:

I would rather put my money on cool looking and better spec X10 rather then a dull looking brick which work only on landscape mode leave cam quality.

And yaah N900 has resistive screen which everybody tends to hate here;-).
N900 have only 600mhz procc compared to 1ghz of x10
N900 have 256 RAM compared to 384 of X10

how may I belive that N900 is better then X10:smile:

*www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=2917&idPhone2=2964

OP
A

augustya

Journeyman
dreamcatcher ...no need to justify X10...u will be fighting 1 on 10:razz:

I would rather put my money on cool looking and better spec X10 rather then a dull looking brick which work only on landscape mode leave cam quality.

And yaah N900 has resistive screen which everybody tends to hate here;-).
N900 have only 600mhz procc compared to 1ghz of x10
N900 have 256 RAM compared to 384 of X10

how may I belive that N900 is better then X10:smile:

*www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=2917&idPhone2=2964

But this difference that you have pointed out in Processor and RAM is Marginal. And it is so Marginal, which is covered up by Nokia by giving Features like FM Radio, Carl Zeiss Lens for a better pictuire quality Etc...which the X10 does not have.So one really needs to test both the phone to their limits to find out how much of this marginal tech gap makes a difference.

Guys I might sound very Naive here :smile: can anyone pls explain me what is a Resistive Touchscreen and what is a Capacitive Touchscreen :sad:...

Top Bottom