Nokia N9 Announced

sygeek

Technomancer
Bloggers on the internet are saying this phone will flop because it has no ecosystem. Very few apps, no gmail, no facebook, no twitter... its hard to attract developers for a deadend platform.

This phone is only targetted at hardcore hackers who need a completely open Linux-based phone (more like a computer)... General public might not find this phone interesting...
ROFLMFAO! So, what now, Android is for hackers too?

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Bloggers on the internet are saying this phone will flop because it has no ecosystem. Very few apps, no gmail, no facebook, no twitter... its hard to attract developers for a deadend platform.
Let's see about that. Open Ecosystem has taken Android quite far, and we are talking about an even more open ecosystem here. The one which in its first major release has something to say against established players like Android, now that's something.
Sadly the absolute moronic decision by the MS Trojan Horse and a clown Mr. Elop, had really pulled the mat from the platform, but hey the platform can get momentum from other vendors too.

This phone is only targetted at hardcore hackers who need a completely open Linux-based phone (more like a computer)... General public might not find this phone interesting...
Sorry but this is BS.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
N9 is just a stop-gap measure before WP7 devices are released. Some say its not even running Meego, and apps from the Meego repository won't run on this device...

This is Nokia's experimental Harmattan Maemo 6 code... -- Nokia N9 - MeeGo Harmattan device - All About MeeGo

Nokia should have bought Palm's WebOS when they still had a chance...

Gaurav265

A PC GAMER
i like it.But i think its price is above 30000.it is the best nokia phone ever.i like if nokia take wm 7 soft.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Why should have Nokia bought WebOS when their own MeeGo has actually turned out to be quite good?
And please don't talk of "some say". Says who? Citation needed.

And yeah the N9 may well be a "stop-gap"/last MeeGo, we can "thank" Mr.El0p for that :rolleyes:

Swapping one unproven but a lot closer to finished form, and in house developed OS based on open standards and backed by Linux Foundation to another unproven, proprietary and even less developed from a megacorporation who have always struggled to make in roads into mobile segment, ah good job Agent S.

har

In the zone
check this out
Nokia N9 hands-on: First look - GSMArena.com

It seems really nice. Sad its going to be the first and last MeeGo device :sad:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i don't understand 1 thing. if Nokia was going to release a mobile based on Meego, why abandon it? Why not keep it as a side platform. ok no need to release any new devices but at least don't abandon it. now if N9 sells well (ok not everyone have good knowledge about the future of a certain platform) & even if it is a dead platform now, will be interesting to see Nokia's take on this. well Nokia's future is WP7 & they'll stick to it.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Yes, thats one big stupid decision Nokia has taken, if you ask me. This phone and MeeGo could have done wonders for Nokia...but

tkin

Back to school!!

Hardcore hacker here, can I haz owesome hacking with this?

i don't understand 1 thing. if Nokia was going to release a mobile based on Meego, why abandon it? Why not keep it as a side platform. ok no need to release any new devices but at least don't abandon it. now if N9 sells well (ok not everyone have good knowledge about the future of a certain platform) & even if it is a dead platform now, will be interesting to see Nokia's take on this. well Nokia's future is WP7 & they'll stick to it.
For the first time engadget went gaga over a nokia phone, its the N9, it will rock.

sygeek

Technomancer
Hey, wait a minute..Nokia's paying engadget for this. That's how they got a hand on this phone..

tkin

Back to school!!
Hey, wait a minute..Nokia's paying engadget for this. That's how they got a hand on this phone..
Interesting, why couldn't they pay engadget before for N8 or 5800(nokia's first touchscreen phone)? I remember engadget butchered them before...

sygeek

Technomancer
Interesting, why couldn't they pay engadget before for N8 or 5800(nokia's first touchscreen phone)? I remember engadget butchered them before...
They didn't get a special hand-on those previous phones, or did they?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

I have visited so many tech blogs... Engadget, Thisismynext, Slashgear, BGR... everyone had a hands-on with the N9.

There are professional blogs... I completely trust their judgement of devices...

ithehappy

Human Spambot
N9 is already overrated. This is Q2, 2011. Why on earth they think that it will be a hit when Dual Core phones are already around. Besides MeeGo is a fail. I only liked the design of it, it's sexy :)

Top Bottom