Nokia N82 (Black) :: Proud owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
AFAIK no RDS, black or titanium depends on your personal preference, other than that, N-82 seems to have it all, except a touch screen of course :p

nikhilpai

Techans
Can anyone tell abt the keypad of N82?? Is it difficult getting used 2 it??

Can anyone convince me to buy a Nokia N82? The only reason I am not buying it is its keypad :(

I can't spend 20k on a mobile which has such aweful keypad.

I guess I better wait for the Nokia N78 which should be cheaper.....but there again I don't know how comfortable the keypad is going to be. Atleast in pictures the keypad looks very bad.

Why does Nokia make these keypads? Don't they realise that they would be losing out on so many customers just bcos of the keypad?

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
@nikeel...I guess the keypad of N78 is gonna be the same as N82's...

Actually I just wanted 2 know that how stiff r the keys..Is the keypad soft or not?? I have small hands so won't b a problem 4 me otherwise...

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
i find the keypad to be pretty ok to use .. not such a big problem at all .. the only actual problem is the wrong placement of multimedia key .. if u were to blow 20k on a phone then it has to be n82 at the moment.. actually it is 18k something now .. i got it for 24k last december ..

and yeah, nokia did a very bad job in design and keypad of such a gem of a phone.. i think they did not want to disturb the sale of n95..

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Can anyone convince me to buy a Nokia N82? The only reason I am not buying it is its keypad :(

Buy it.....I m sure u will be happy....see even i m saving money 2 buy this fone...coz
its my current choice 2 buy such a nice fone....:cool:

I can't spend 20k on a mobile which has such aweful keypad.

aweful!!! no man its not....just see some reviews on this fone...(google it) & i m
sure u wont see any user complaining abt its keypad...except some other low level
issues..:D

I guess I better wait for the Nokia N78 which should be cheaper.....but there again I don't know how comfortable the keypad is going to be. Atleast in pictures the keypad looks very bad.

or wait 4 some more yrs...they will soon launch a allrounder fone far better than N95
bcoz sabar ka fal mitha hota hain....:D

Why does Nokia make these keypads? Don't they realise that they would be losing out on so many customers just bcos of the keypad?

Just think..how come nokia will make a fone with so small keypad....they wud surely
test their products bfore lauching them wudn't they ?

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
I think Nokia has reduced the keypad size on N82 coz' they can increase the display size to along with the candy bar form factor...They did not have any other choice...If keypad would have been big, then the display size wud have been smaller...

Zangetsu

I think Nokia has reduced the keypad size on N82 coz' they can increase the display size to along with the candy bar form factor...They did not have any other choice...If keypad would have been big, then the display size wud have been smaller...

correct....or they wud have made it a clamshell or slidebar fone...:D

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes, the phone would have been clamshell or slider then...Come on, u can't put a big display and a big keypad on a candy bar phone....U have 2 compromise on either of the two...

They made a wise move by increasing the display size coz' thatz more important than the keypad I believe to most of the users...:p

Last edited:

Zangetsu

Yes, the phone would have been clamshell or slider the...Come on, u can't put a big display and a big keypad on a candy bar phone....U have 2 compromise on either of the two...

They made a wise move by increasing the display size coz' thatz more important than the keypad I believe to most of the users...

then wat r u waiting 4 go 7 just buy...it if liked this fone...;)

Btw its keypad r not stiff or hard:smile:

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
I m waiting 4 its price 2 come down 2 arnd 16-17k which I think it will in the next 3-4 months...

As soon as the price comes down, I am gonna buy it...

heartripple

In the zone
@nikeel...I guess the keypad of N78 is gonna be the same as N82's...

Actually I just wanted 2 know that how stiff r the keys..Is the keypad soft or not?? I have small hands so won't b a problem 4 me otherwise...

it's keypad is good no problem for me and yes it is soft enough it will not give any pain to your thumb:grin:

*img292.imageshack.us/img292/9576/16052008001vu8.jpg

check out that link

that photo was taken wiyhout any light available.

Last edited:

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
right now its 18k something i guess .. it will easily come down to 16-17k in 2 months time .. and xenon flash of n82 simply rocks ..

still i think there are few things that would have made it truly all round phone

1. optical zoom
2. navi wheel as in coming n78
3. dvbh
4. a bit louder speakers
5. hardware fm stereo transmitter as in n78

Zangetsu

still i think there are few things that would have made it truly all round phone

1. optical zoom
2. navi wheel as in coming n78
3. dvbh
4. a bit louder speakers
5. hardware fm stereo transmitter as in n78

which cellfone has optical zoom do u know any??? :rolleyes:

whats dvbh?

Zangetsu

Yes the N82 really rocks..

btw when will the N78 be launched??? How much will it cost???

N78 is just an enhancement of N73......

same camera...3.2MP but increased sound effect & navi wheel...:D

Wi-fi will bw there i guess...still cant beat N82 camera quality...;-)

nikhilpai

Techans
N78 is just an enhancement of N73......

same camera...3.2MP but increased sound effect & navi wheel...:D

Wi-fi will bw there i guess...still cant beat N82 camera quality...;-)

N78 is going to be available in the next couple of weeks......last week of May or first week of June. Its officially slated for release in UK on 22 May, so should be available after a couple of weeks here.

N78 is N73 plus Wifi and GPS.
It also has Symbian 9.2 Feature Pack 2 (its the first phone to have this which has enhancements like full screen caller without third party software)
It also has a FM transmitter which can transmit FM to your car's audio. And if my interpretation is right, u can listen to FM without connecting the headphones !!

If the phone is priced around 15k should be a good buy.... just the keypad is aweful :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom