Nokia N78 without FM transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikhilpai

Techans
It seems the Nokia N78 being sold in India is without the FM transmitter as per this article:
*www.phonesreview.co.uk/2008/06/14/some-variants-of-the-nokia-n78-ships-minus-fm-transmitter-why/

Nokia India website also does not list the FM transmitter in Nokia N78 specifications while other countries do mention it.

Has anyone bought the N78 and can confirm this?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
who would buy theat piece of crap that costs more than the n82...they have the fm transmitter but the indian market dont seem to be aware of it..most probably they mistook it for the fm receiver..

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
There is actually a controversy going on.. actually fm transmitter is illegal in some countries..

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
FM transmitter is quite legal in all places except Europe. Why?
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FM_transmitter_(personal_device)

You can use a FM transmitter to broadcast within a very small area, in a frequency unused by any licensed FM broadcaster. I dont know the maximum area you can transmit without a license. But for all home purposes, I have made a FM transmitter myself and broadcasted in my house. Not much range, just two rooms, but worked.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
FM transmitter is quite legal in all places except Europe. Why?
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FM_transmitter_(personal_device)

You can use a FM transmitter to broadcast within a very small area, in a frequency unused by any licensed FM broadcaster. I dont know the maximum area you can transmit without a license. But for all home purposes, I have made a FM transmitter myself and broadcasted in my house. Not much range, just two rooms, but worked.

cool dude! thats superb engineering! Why dont you give a tutorial on how to make it so that we guys can try! :)

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Hey, you're just exaggerating the whole thing... Just a small project I did while I was in class 8 or something...

My friend and I went to an electronics class nearby, and this was the... byproduct of it. I did a transmitter, and he did a receiver. We got the circuit from www.discovercircuits.com it was a pretty simple one, and I tested it from my bedroom, and it could be heard in the kitchen, like 2 rooms away.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
N78 prices will be 18,454 confirmed from nokia priority
so it is not priced more than N82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom