Nokia N72 doubt

Status
Not open for further replies.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
ksundar said:
Recent os9.1/9.2 r meant for developers.
End users r benefitted from well studied & experimented os like 7 or 8.1.
Wov!! What an comment. Would you please mind enlightening us by collaborating on your comment? Explaining what it means.

The OS 9.x has been specefically created to provide an advanced and secure OS to the customers. How come meant for developers fits in?
The sighed application feature is excellant, abeit not implemented properly. Not giving the application auto start and automated rights unless it is signed has virtually minimized the threats viruses can pose.

All my OS 7 and 8 friends are scared to use their phones without anti virus, which i believe would be the case with you too.

OS 9 is an improvement over 7 and 8, except for features like Coloured Logo changing (which is not yet changable manually like previous os, you can use black and white logos though), no other feature hampers the users experience in any ways.

For all those who say they cannot access the Sys and Private folder, i do not see any reason for you to be able to do so. You can access the Mail folders using Y-Browsers. Please remove my lack of knowledge for any other purpose of the Sys and Private folders access to the end user.

OP
comrade

comrade

foreign return(0)
windows vista doesnt do anything great..and most of us can live with xp itself.....
like that will 9.1 be a revolutionaly os for mobile phones ..or it will just be an another update?

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
It is a revolutionary update. It breaks all compatibility with the previous editions.

The software which worked on the previous editions, will not work on OS 9.1 (S60v3). It shall have to recoded for 9.1
Probably the biggest change in the eye of the consumer is the break in binary compatibility. This means that programs written in C++ for previous versions of Symbian OS will not run on OS 9 without the original authors making a few changes to the source code and recompiling.

It brings in awsome features like SVG Support, Scalable APIs (try out the RotateMe app), and many new APIs. It supports FOTA.

Check out this article on AAS.
Many things have come to light after this article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom