Nokia E7 Preorders Begin !

kiddish

Right off the assembly line
Here I am going to share first demo for how to insert sim card in Nokia E7. There is a slot which comes out neatly after opening the flap, located on the right side. The easy part is to insert the SIM onto the slot. It’s a little tricky since it’s a little delicate. Anyways its in.

*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAFi6r0fUbz_hec989mZj4suuLKn2j3SEq2UDC8O3AvJhYljqvAxRot_GzzfgjA5KjFvy4lytAsOZLjveJyMuLnQAm1T1UKJkT7R3yozwznPY_70bKd9vVZ1W.jpg

*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAADAZMbHw2Ew4LEEm-g7IMqsALpz5v3pWXqD6gML8kZvU6Z7W9h7jgQvJYpreUmKDcBRu-apDPqiCgCX7q_xg51IAm1T1UFXWyq827z2CQPm8zVDeZXqiaf7S.jpg

*images.orkut.com/orkut/photos/OgAAAFQheiIxJyLIsjEP39t2d88rLyNrpto7veE1o8bbLQFlE3E5pF-3RAVUcwQghwFB0hDjg8mAbfyIeRk5m63KeMoAm1T1UAUjrV6aDUVdN5Kbn0rkXbWSwMOI.jpg

OP
A

Anirvann

Broken In
Nice share Kiddish...

I'm quite enjoying my E7 as well...

@Others : Guys ! Personal opinion !! Even i feel Symbian works great for me... it is reliable and i really do make use of stuff like HDMI and USB OTG. Of course the UI could take some working but that should be fixed in the coming updates..

meta

Broken In
I like E7 a lot ! Really use apps like VLingo to use voice control. The hardware keyboard is also awesome !

kiddish

Right off the assembly line
This video helped me make a decision to go for the Nokia E7 ! Just look at this thing go !!!

YouTube - Multitasking on the Nokia E7

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Your're kidding , right ?

All the essentials a re present in the OS

All you have to do is borrow a friend's iPhone, Android, WP7 phone and use it for a day. After that try using your E7... You will be one sad person... I assure you that. Symbian has nothing to offer...

E7 built quality is excellent... but the software killed this nice phone...

OP
A

Anirvann

Broken In
All you have to do is borrow a friend's iPhone, Android, WP7 phone and use it for a day. After that try using your E7... You will be one sad person... I assure you that. Symbian has nothing to offer...

E7 built quality is excellent... but the software killed this nice phone...

I have a Galaxy S as well... all the essentials are present on the E7. Yeah sure it lacks in games and other random stuff but for some people and especially the business users this is targeting , the essentials are more important.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if it is for business user, its a good deal but for youth or someone who have used a good Android mobile, it'll be a sad end.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I think its just a overpriced and QWERTYED N8

Nokia really needs to put the new age SoC proccys.

N8 has a processor which is approximately the clock of an O1

Also, Nokia's time has come to take a step forward and select Android OS.
Not step backwards with WP7

Nokia needs to work harder than fixing a qwerty pad to N8. Innovation needs to be better.

I found the UI of the N8 quite similar to other touch phones.
A projector is a step towards the right direction.

Last edited by a moderator:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ when you launch a product costing 25k, customers will not only look for its strength & weaknesses but also for alternates. fanboy or not, 33k is a huge amount. also most business users will go for BB. so who should get E7? err, frankly speaking nobody. getting a Motorola Droid 2 from US should come lot cheaper but lot better H/W.

pauldmps

Banned
^^ I don't think WP7 is a step backward. WP7 is an instantly likeable OS. Just give it sometime to mature. The projections of 2015 shows a bigger market share for WP7 than iOS.

And I won't be surprised if Windows 8 has UI comparable to WP7.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^ I don't think WP7 is a step backward. WP7 is an instantly likeable OS. Just give it sometime to mature. The projections of 2015 shows a bigger market share for WP7 than iOS.

And I won't be surprised if Windows 8 has UI comparable to WP7

Well lets hope the best.....Microsoft have got it right in desktops they might pull it off here too but I don't think they can beat Android.

OP
A

Anirvann

Broken In
Okay i'm sure people are going to start flaming me for this but i really don't like Android. I just dont like the feel of it... sure its customizable but so what ? Maybe it works for you but it doesn't for me.

I like Symbian and maybe unlike the vocal majority on tech forums , a lot of other people do too. That said , i'm also waiting to see the new WP7 devices by Nokia. Should be interesting.

meta

Broken In
An interesting app just for released for Nokia S^3 devices over at betalabs.. you might want to check it out.

[YOUTUBE]yE5pLjrivP8[/YOUTUBE]

OP
A

Anirvann

Broken In
Nokia needs to work harder than fixing a qwerty pad to N8. Innovation needs to be better.

I found the UI of the N8 quite similar to other touch phones.
A projector is a step towards the right direction.

Hmm... now that you mention it , a projector in the N8 would be quite cool but i wonder if there is any space in there for it.

Frankly speaking , i'm more than happy with the aluminum build on the E7 coming from a range of plasticky devices. Really happy with my purchase.

Just installed Nokia Sleeping Screen on my E7... really innovative use of the AMOLED display.

meta

Broken In
Okay i've been playing around with Nokia Big Screen and the HDMI output from the E7. This is really incredible.. with the amount of formats this phone supports and the decent amount of internal memory.. it is a viable media center alternative ! Loving the phone even more now.

harm064

Broken In
Okay i've been playing around with Nokia Big Screen and the HDMI output from the E7. This is really incredible.. with the amount of formats this phone supports and the decent amount of internal memory.. it is a viable media center alternative ! Loving the phone even more now.

I have used the N8, Vis-à-vis, E7, the qwerty does it every time for me. There is no comparison to the build quality. Prior to this, I had not used any phone with a qwerty keypad, I got accustomed to it after 5 odd mins or so.

For a clearer perspective, to be fair to E7, use it. And you might even like it. It's not philosophy that I am trying to grind, but an honest and humble opinion.

Ovi maps hands down beats Google Maps. Just use the Ovi maps. The accuracy and fluidness is superb. The maps itself are very precise, when coupled with GPS, it's a bombshell. If it were possible it would even locate any neighbourhood pan wallah too!

I would have rambled about more features, but I have to go now.

Top Bottom