thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
harm064 said:
I have used the N8, Vis-à-vis, E7, the
qwerty does it every time for me.
There is no comparison to the build
quality. Prior to this, I had not used
any phone with a qwerty keypad, I
got accustomed to it after 5 odd mins or so. For a clearer perspective, to be fair to
E7, use it. And you might even like it.
It's not philosophy that I am trying to
grind, but an honest and humble
opinion. Ovi maps hands down beats Google
Maps. Just use the Ovi maps. The
accuracy and fluidness is superb. The
maps itself are very precise, when
coupled with GPS, it's a bombshell. If it
were possible it would even locate any neighbourhood pan wallah too! I would have rambled about more
features, but I have to go now.
I used N8 for around 5 minutes and found Ui laggy and the touch screen not very responsive.
But Symbian is the easiest to use.

Is E7 really that good?

Nokia needs to completely overhaul their OS. They need to givn powerful,better hardware- all of which their current phones are lacking.

Hope Nokia pulls out a Rabbit out the hat with Windows Phone 7.

harm064

Broken In
I used N8 for around 5 minutes and found Ui laggy and the touch screen not very responsive.

I really can't assume if the N8 had gone through the PR 1 update, how many apps were running on the phone, or was it the appropriate conditions set for the 5 min test. :p

But Symbian is the easiest to use.

Is E7 really that good?

Nokia needs to completely overhaul their OS. They need to givn powerful,better hardware- all of which their current phones are lacking.

If you ask the people who have been using the N8 or E7 as their primary phone, their opinions would be positive.

The software should be in sync with the hardware on the phone. There is no point if the phone has a dual core processor and the OS is not able to effectively utilize it.

Just check this video out. YouTube - 07042011

I snapped it when then sun was at the top. If possible watch it at 720p. This is the just the camera.

Believe me, the Nokia hardware is really under appreciated.

Hope Nokia pulls out a Rabbit out the hat with Windows Phone 7.

I really can't speculate unless something concrete comes out.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wouldn't really consider Engadget reviews. Apple fanboys. I don't have any expectation from the fone, but I'll wait for the GSMArena review.

30k for the a Nokia phone which still has symbian OS is not a smart investment .

People would rather for BB or Even an Iphone 4 if they have friends in US .

Never this. An Android phone is a lot better Yeah. Nokia needs SERIOUS updates on their OS's

I am not saying that getting an Apple Iphone is better or a obcious choice but for 30k one can get better mobiles with better features then the same old sad symbian platform which has poor poor stuff .

harm064

Broken In
I am not saying that getting an Apple Iphone is better or a obcious choice but for 30k one can get better mobiles with better features then the same old sad symbian platform which has poor poor stuff .

Getting an iPhone with better features? Are you somehow modding the iPhone for better features eh? You've got to create a post regarding that :p.

Have you even tried the Symbian ^3? I am sure you have not. You seem like a guy carrying skepticism by the loads man.

YouTube - Sample Video from my phone

Check this video out. If possible @720 p. Tell me which iPhone can match up atleast half of it.

Poor Symbian. Poor Stuff. When you make such derogatory statements, ensure that you can back it up with something concrete before falling on your face flat.

Last edited:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Getting an iPhone with better features? Are you somehow modding the iPhone for better features eh? You've got to create a post regarding that :p.

Have you even tried the Symbian ^3? I am sure you have not. You seem like a guy carrying skepticism by the loads man.

Check this video out. If possible @720 p. Tell me which iPhone can match up atleast half of it.

Poor Symbian. Poor Stuff. When you make such derogatory statements, ensure that you can back it up with something concrete before falling on your face flat.

Ok... N8's camera is good. Have you see iPhone 4's camera output? 720p HD recording? -- YouTube - iPhone 4 Video Sample by Engadget

Nokia's hardware is certainly excellent... but its software is crapware. Symbian ^3 is no match for Android, iOS, WebOS, WP7...

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
To settle the debate let me compare 2 phones, 1 Galaxy S and the E7.

Lets say I bought the E7. Rs 29000 right?

I get a 680 mhz proccy

On the contrary with Galaxy S I get 1 GHZ proccy
Android 1 - Symbian 0

E7 is 8 mp camera, better than Galaxy S
Android-1 Symbian-1

Android as 300000+ apps, Nokia doesnt have so many
Android-2 Symbian-1

Whatever you might say, touch interface of Galaxy S is better than E7
Android-3 Symbian-1

Android OS is better than Symbian^3 OS
Android-4 Symbian-1

Symbian is easier to use for first timers
Android-4 Symbian- 2

Galaxy S seems to have better talktime (comparing the stats via GSMareana)

Andrioid-5 Symbian-3

You may disagree with certain points and I respect your opinion. This is my opinion only.

Ha ha :D . Which mobile do you have ? Which Symbian Application can match an Android ?

Symbian is like putting a tooth underneath your bed and hoping it might convert into a gold coin one day.

I have been using Nokia mobiles for 4.5 years and my roomate has a Android . He makes my mobile look stupid . The only thing I can beat him is that I have Nokia GPS .

harm064

Broken In
Ha ha :D . Which mobile do you have ? Which Symbian Application can match an Android ?

Symbian is like putting a tooth underneath your bed and hoping it might convert into a gold coin one day.

I have been using Nokia mobiles for 4.5 years and my roomate has a Android . He makes my mobile look stupid . The only thing I can beat him is that I have Nokia GPS .

I have the Nokia E7. Are you asking if a Symbian App can match the whole Android OS? Wow are you kidding me?

Well you seem like a genuine fanboy who does nothing but rave without even knowing what it's all about. :???:

How many apps do you genuinely use on a day to day basis ? :razz:

Yes, Android has better apps, DUE to the fact that it is open source while Symbian 3 was open source for sometime, it is not any more.

The segment of phone users who are willing to spend on smart phones in India is minuscule. And top to it off, how many users are really well versed with "technology"?

For any newbee Symbian is undeniably more user friendly and provides features that one can use without having to put in custom roms and voiding the warranty thereby.

I can hookup my phone to any TV or a monitor supporting HDMI, USB support for charging and can connect flash drives too.

There are obvious pros & cons to everything. There is no need to shove it.

I have had the E7 for some time now. I ll post my views on it; later on. I will be showing the positives and not so positives about it :-D

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
harm064 said:
I have the Nokia E7. Are you asking if
a Symbian App can match the whole
Android OS? Wow are you kidding
me?
Thats why your posts are little biased.
Yes, Android has better apps, DUE to
the fact that it is open source while
Symbian 3 was open source for
sometime, it is not any more.
iOS is closed source. It has highest number of apps in mobile.

I have the Nokia E7. Are you asking if a Symbian App can match the whole Android OS? Wow are you kidding me?

Well you seem like a genuine fanboy who does nothing but rave without even knowing what it's all about. :???:

How many apps do you genuinely use on a day to day basis ? :razz:

Yes, Android has better apps, DUE to the fact that it is open source while Symbian 3 was open source for sometime, it is not any more.

The segment of phone users who are willing to spend on smart phones in India is minuscule. And top to it off, how many users are really well versed with "technology"?

For any newbee Symbian is undeniably more user friendly and provides features that one can use without having to put in custom roms and voiding the warranty thereby.

I can hookup my phone to any TV or a monitor supporting HDMI, USB support for charging and can connect flash drives too.

There are obvious pros & cons to everything. There is no need to shove it.

I have had the E7 for some time now. I ll post my views on it; later on. I will be showing the positives and not so positives about it :-D

A fanboy will always defend without even reading what the other person says.

1. Spending 30k is no joke . And for that I get a user friendly OS . Newbee's dont buy a mobile for 20k unless there Dad's are insanely rich :D .

2. Android is comparatively new to symbian but has more usefull features then symbian.

3. I use 5 different application on symbian everyday and I wont be spending 30 k to use the same :D . I travel around 50 kms daily so spend a good amount of time in Office bus .

The not so positive about it is that the phone is not worth 30k . I would rather spend my money wisely then for that Nokia Symbian .

OP
A

Anirvann

Broken In
Anyone tried out Nokia Drop ? Its like Chrome to Phone but for Symbian... kinda verges on copying a feature but as long as it works , who cares heh

harm064

Broken In
Anyone tried out Nokia Drop ? Its like Chrome to Phone but for Symbian... kinda verges on copying a feature but as long as it works , who cares heh

You have support for Firefox as well, and a single click on the system to change the wallpaper or whatever on the phone. Liked it. !!!

meta

Broken In
You have support for Firefox as well, and a single click on the system to change the wallpaper or whatever on the phone. Liked it. !!!

Indeed really nice.. checked out Nokia Trailers yet ? Qt based... super smooth ! I'm positively excited about the upcoming Nokia FWs and apps. Qt is really bringing out the UI in Nokia apps.

Oh and i totally agree with all that you've said above :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
meta said:
Indeed really nice.. checked out Nokia
Trailers yet ? Qt based... super smooth
I wont beleive Nokia touch phones based on a video especially after seeing much advertised N8

Top Bottom