Nokia E7 Preorders Begin !

Anirvann

Broken In
Consumers can get their Nokia E7 by making a pre-order booking by logging on to Nokia India - Nokia E7 - Smartphone with touch screen & QWERTY and filling an online form, along with the preference of the nearest Nokia Priority store. The concerned store will call registered consumers within 24 hours with further details of the handset and the offer. Consumers can then secure their Nokia E7 units by depositing a booking amount of Rs. 3,000/- at the store.

*i.imgur.com/XMYzU.jpg

Key features of the Nokia E7

- Easy access to private and business email

- Create, edit and share office documents and view PDF files

with Adobe Reader

- Fast, secure intranet access with the built-in VPN

- High-resolution photos and HD video with the 8 megapixel camera and dual LED flash

- HDMI connectivity to project files, videos and images onto large screens

- 16 gigabytes of on-board flash memory

- USB-On-The-Go, enabling easy file sharing by connecting a USB stick to the smartphone

Who all are getting this phone ? I am quite interested because of that keyboard.

pauldmps

Banned
A brick worth 35k. In this price, you can get an iPhone 4 (from HK) & still save 6k. Or a SE Neo + An LG O1 combo.

Last edited:

raj_in

In the zone
Preorders begin.........
Waiting for 1st order
preorders close
No orders....lolzzz

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I have registered as a developer for Nokia. I heard Nokia sends free phones to developers.. Lets see if I get lucky... :D

I am not ready to put that kind of money to buy a Nokia brick... atleast not until WP7 arrives...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
preorder price of 33k (3k in advance) is damn too much for E7. I would rather get it for 28k something in non-exclusive stores.

Digimake

Right off the assembly line
Hey Guys,
Looking for Nokia E7 but i didn't get from any local dealer, is Nokia E7 Available for India or not?

Tachyon1986

In the zone
I wouldn't recommend buying the E7 , since Nokia have ditched Symbian. Don't expect any long term OS support beyond 2 years.

I bought a N8 a few months before they announced WP7 as their new OS. Damn shame really - I found Symbian^3 to be a good improvement over the previous generation but then Nokia dropped the WP7 bomb. All the Symbian developers are now running away, who wants an OS that won't last beyond 2011? :(

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
and it was also the cause of their success.

if I overlook the "look" of the OS (which is pretty outdated) I will still go for a Nokia (most preferably N8) over any other phone. I agree that number of apps in Ovi are nothing as compared to Android Market but app support for Nokia (third party) is lesser than none.

kiddish

Right off the assembly line
I just pre ordered the Nokia E7 and just got it today. It has an 8 mp camera with dual led flash and a 16 gb hard drive. The screen is huge. Its 4 inches long. Visually, it is very slick. It’s long and thin. So it can easily fit in my pocket without the added bulge. The QWERTY is responsive. The keys are adequately spaced and I got used to it after a blink of an eyelash. The phone slides in to landscape mode as soon as you slide the keypad out. And the transition is very smooth and the there is no lag while switching between landscape and portrait either.

It’s got three home screens or desktops if you may, It has indicators on the bottom so that I can see which home screen I am on currently. The menu button is easily accessible The USB and the HDMI ports are on the top along with the power key and 3.5 mm jack. The keypad lock on the side is a slider on the left side of the phone. The phone also has a volume controller on the right side. It has an anodized aluminium build. The face is very similar to the Nokia N8 and the slider comes out like just like N97. The dual led flash is at the back.
*www.nokia.co.in/PRODUCT_METADATA_0/Products/Phones/E-Series/E7-00/images/e7_dark_grey_front_l_slide_604x604.png

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Thanks for your short, brief review. How do you like the screen? It's a worth mention. One of the BEST display out there.

guru_urug

iGoogle
@kiddish
could u please post some pictures?

you sound like a nokia fanboy thats advertising the product thats why....all the features you mentioned(and more) were in the milestone which released more than a year ago...Obviously cam res was lesser and no usb and hdmi...but you are paying 13k more for tht!!
Still its your wish to buy what u want...enjoy ur new phone :)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Nokia hardware quality is of top quality but the os is not worthy....at all.

Well you can't say that for this device. Don't mind me telling this, actually I have found it actually opposite, coz the one's I used, like- E90, N95...they had Symbian, and frankly I like Symiban, but the hardware of those devices were poor :(, and now this E7, again Hardware wise it's a Big failure to me, (Please don't mind this Kiddish, we are talking on extreme professional levels here, so enjoy yours), and it's a Symbian again, OK, now this Symbina stuff looking so outdated coz OS like Android/iOS or WP7 are out there, but if this had released like 2-2.5 years back, it would have been a Dream phone to own, both hardware wise and software too :).
I said the above from my own experience, please don't take it any personally buddy. :)
@Kiddish- Enjoy the phone, make it run as it's full flow, and do post more Pics and more views if you can. :)

Regards,
Saurav.

Top Bottom