The Nokia E6 has zip in built and a PDF reader. Somehow it comes handy in offbeat situations.

I thought maybe you guys might appreciate it.

Zip :

*k.min.us/ieqhWc.jpg

*k.min.us/ieu6I8.jpg

*k.min.us/ieuDgU.jpg

*k.min.us/ieqDTW.jpg

*k.min.us/ieva8u.jpg

*k.min.us/ieqKsu.jpg

*i.minus.com/ieqM02.jpg

*k.min.us/ievlmY.jpg

*k.min.us/ieuymc.jpg

Last edited:

socrates

In the zone
For those in Mumbai E6 now comes for 17100 - 17400 there maybe some shops who might offer an even better deal if you look around.

OP
G

GERMZ

Banned
That sounds like a very good deal. Must say i am absolutely enjoying my time with this phone. The hardware is just amazing to look at and the keyboard is better than anything i've used till now !

OP
G

GERMZ

Banned
Gave a presentation using Quick Office and TV output from my E6 today. Mind blown ! It was awesome :D Plus the boss was impressed :p

Ethereal

Broken In
@germz Sounds great ! I've been considering getting an E6 myself. Looks like you really like it. Any particular cons i should look out for ?

OP
G

GERMZ

Banned
None so far. The high resolution screen takes some getting used to but its totally worth it. I'd say go for it.. you don't get any better qwerty phones.

mobileN00b

Broken In
@ GERMZ and gladiator

Hi
How is the battery life for this phone ? You mentioned that its pretty good before, but i thought since it has been quite some time , you must have a better idea now. Like on moderate or heavy usages does it stand its own..

Thanks in advance.

socrates

In the zone
Family member bought a Nokia E6 day before yesterday evening. I did the setup for GPRS, WiFi, installed all appointments, contacts above 500. Then yesterday I found that 3 of the ‘one touch keys’ were not functioning even thought they were configured correctly. Returned it yesterday evening (in less than 24 hrs) to the retailer who gave me a new one today. I am still testing it only time will tell. It’s a great phone inspite this problem but I was shaken up (this is the third time something like this has happened to a Nokia purchase). Hoping for the best.

Last edited:

socrates

In the zone
Phew !!!!!!!!! Just finished a marathon chat on a mobile phone wih Nokia Care +912230303838. The reason. Just noticed on this (second phone, see above) phone that the notification for missed calls, sms etc would not appear in its normal location which is below the profile name but would appear only in the top right corner near the battery strength indicator. I rang them up thinking some settings might have been changed during start up in the shop (by the shop owner). First he apparently heard the model number wrong inspite of repeating the nomenclature at least 3 times (while talking to him) so he wasted at least 20 minutes as what he told me would not match what I have on the screen. After getting the right model number (& all this while keeping me waiting at least 6 times in the entire conversation) he still could not set it right, finally he came down to saying that what I have is correct (display only in the top right corner AND NOT the bottom left corner below the profile name). When I told him the previous piece had it & the user guide also mentions it in the bottom left corner, he finally got down to re setting to factory defaults all the while assuring me that my calendar & contacts would NOT be lost. I went ahead & reset it as I had a backup of all the calendar & contacts entries. And voila all call/sms notification were visible in correct location then I checked if all ‘one touch keys’ were working. Now I have the job of re checking the unit all over again as I am not sure what might have gone wrong with this re set I don’t trust these guys.:x But still, except for being a test of patience I still like this model. :D

UPDATE . Looks like the 'solution' given above was temporary in nature. Noticed that what was displayed did not go off when viewed & cleared & later notification for events (sms/missed calls etc) ONLY appeared in top right corner. Checked the user guide & pressed the on/off switch for 8 secs, phone restarted & all seems well but for how long is the moot point only time will tell will update later as things begin to unfold.

Last edited:
Top Bottom