OP
G

GERMZ

Banned
@Siddhesh : I needed something very well built and i find only Nokia satisfies me in that regard. The OS does all the basics well so i'm not biased against Symbian. I have Android devices with me as well but i didn't particularly need it here. The keyboard formfactor is great. So basically , this phone was perfect for me.
18k is perfectly priced for this. What feature according to you is missing ?

OP
G

GERMZ

Banned
Okay i wanted to make videos but i don't have any other decent camera with me so i am linking some videos i founded by an E6 owner at TechEnclave.

[YOUTUBE]*www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnDuYLeu[/YOUTUBE]

Facebook on E6. The app on the phone does Twitter also but it is not shown in this video :/

[Youtube]*www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n_WJmAXB84[/Youtube]

Last edited:
Finally I caved in. And got my E6 too.

I haven't had the time to tinker around with the camera settings. No macro has been used either. Here are a few pictures captured.

*i.imgur.com/1a6Uk.jpg
*i.imgur.com/eGXQX.jpg
*i.imgur.com/jw4qD.jpg
*i.imgur.com/ItPRw.jpg

A video captured from my phone

[YOUTUBE]qrpSjJkwgDY[/YOUTUBE]

OP
G

GERMZ

Banned
Nice pics Gladiator ! I'm quite impressed with the camera myself. The photographs are captured instantly which is quite beneficial. I guess thats where EDOF comes in :D

Could you put up a video or something showing how Ovi maps works ? I'm a bit confused regarding it.

Nice pics Gladiator ! I'm quite impressed with the camera myself. The photographs are captured instantly which is quite beneficial. I guess thats where EDOF comes in :D

Could you put up a video or something showing how Ovi maps works ? I'm a bit confused regarding it.

I just got this from YouTube. [YOUTUBE]*www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNdRN8H3cZU[/YOUTUBE]

OP
G

GERMZ

Banned
Thanks for the update Gladiator , i tried out navigation today morning while heading to office. Very impressed ! The map data is very accurate and GPS fix is almost instantaneous :)

Sarath

iDota
Nice thats a phone I had dreamnt of years ago. :-D

Congrats bro. Give us a small review so that we can see how symbian stands in the face of competition today.

OP
G

GERMZ

Banned
@Tenida Thanks !

@Sarath : I posted some videos above but i don't know why they are not showing up here.

Here are some screenshots of the new browser. There is finally support for tabbed browsing. Overall responsiveness is all improved. I like it.... finally i can ditch Opera for the native browser.

*i.imgur.com/GU5sz.jpg

*i.imgur.com/omNNe.jpg

Watching movies on the E6 is such an awesome experience. The awesome pixel density really makes a difference even though the screen is slightly small

OP
G

GERMZ

Banned
The Nokia E6 is getting rave reviews all over the internet ! I'm really happy with my purchase.

For those of you looking at usingit as a PDF reader, you should try out Picsel Smart Office ! Makes using office documents so much easier ! And it works perfectly well on the Nokia E6

Just realised that my E6 comes with USB on the go ! Copied over 1GB data from a friend's mobile phone while travelling in the car. Very very impressed !

Anirvann

Broken In
Hmmm.. that E6 is looking very enticing. Coming from a Blackberry , do you think i should upgrade to the E6 ? I'm looking to try out something new and the Nokia hardware quality is always fantastic. What would you suggest ?

OP
G

GERMZ

Banned
Hmmm.. that E6 is looking very enticing. Coming from a Blackberry , do you think i should upgrade to the E6 ? I'm looking to try out something new and the Nokia hardware quality is always fantastic. What would you suggest ?

I would definitely recommend that you give it a try. The OS is good looking and fluid. There is an app for pretty much everything i want so i haven't felt any of that "lack of apps" stuff.

Whats your primary usage ?

Anirvann

Broken In
I would definitely recommend that you give it a try. The OS is good looking and fluid. There is an app for pretty much everything i want so i haven't felt any of that "lack of apps" stuff.

Whats your primary usage ?

Quick reply !!

Well i don't really many apps. I use Whatsapp on my phone and Gtalk. If those two are covered then i'm happy. What about the build quality and battery life ? I liked the high resolution screen when i saw it at a store.

OP
G

GERMZ

Banned
Yes, the E6 supports WhatsApp , Gtalk via Ovi Chat and Nimbuzz / Fring. Excellent build quality. I dropped it a few times but no scratches at all. The high resolution screen is great while browsing , viewing images.

I love the Anna interface.

*i.imgur.com/kLfTV.jpg

*i.imgur.com/tYLcv.jpg

The smooth scrolling gives the touch of elegance. I have yet to explore most of the features of the phone.

I love the Symbian Anna.

Here are some grabs from my phone.

*i.imgur.com/tYLcv.jpg

*i.imgur.com/kLfTV.jpg

I have not explored many of the features. I'll keep you posted.

OP
G

GERMZ

Banned
Nice screenshots Gladiator , do let us know how you're liking the phone. I am personally loving mine. Such a fantastic little device !

Anirvann

Broken In
QWERTY let's you type faster and touch makes browsing the web a flawless experience. Try it out at Nokia India - Nokia E6 Touch&Type | Facebook

suyash_123

Techno Freak
Congrats buddy!!!

I own a Nokia N8 and I am really happy with all the H/w and software feature of it.
i call it my lil Desktop as all my desktop things are available in N8.

i am eagerly w8ing for Symabin anna as it has 50+ improvement... But i usually search on google i don't find any more Improvements details beyond 10 points.

Can u share some?????

Top Bottom