Nokia E50

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku

Gonna make it BiG
Hey, are you using the default gallery app, realplayer, to play vids or smartmovie?

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
smartmovie 4 xvid/divx avi,mp4 .
Realplayer 4 rm/3gp
@krazy it isnt branded.. But workin good.. Has good data transfer rates..

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Hey pathiks, You got Quicktime Pro? or any other application for mp4 conversion. Since I prefer using mp4 videos in phones I would like you to test it. I will post the settings in the evening you just encode a video using that & see how it plays on E50 & weather it plays full screen or not.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Here are the settings. You can use any application to convert to H.263 MP4 file

1) Resolution = 320X240 pixel
2) Video bitrate = 256kbps H.263
3) Audio bitrate = 64kbps AAC\MP4 Audio
4) 24fps

Do this, & check if it playes in your phone. As far as I know, it will play & since the resolution of your phone is 320X240 it will play with nice quality in full screenmode. Although there could be problems of skiping frames due to higher then required bitrate in which case you just change the video bitrate to 196kbps

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
yea 256kbps ll obviously result in skipping of frames.. 160-196kbps works fine... I ll try this tomo nd tell u exactly

btw gx r u plannin to take a e50?

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
btw gx r u plannin to take a e50?

:D No way dude, I m not going to exchange my 2 MP Camera for a 1.3MP Camera. My phone does everything I want it to do, do check my blog & you will understand how much work I do with it & how efficient it works now.

I have no brand loyality, I just prefer or recomend whatever I find efficient. For many people here thinking about buying a cheap smartphones with Audio & video with casual pics (well, most of the people that I know), this phone is good. But one thing, the font is small in E50 for the taste of many people I have seen & all mobile phone companies should be forced to use Segoe UI or DejaVU Sans font, comon...cleartype is made for LCD (of phones)

Even my phone plays 196kbps mp4 videos at 24fps with 64kbps audio. But the only thing is the 176x144 resolution limitation. If I encode a video at 320X240 it doesn't shows the video in the screen but the audio playes.

K790i has native 240X320 resolution & in that phone videos of 320X240 pixel play fine even in Full screen mode. in K750i, going to full screen mode with 176X144 pixel video results in pixelation due to streatching of the video. W810i & phones after that solved this problem due to which 174X144 pixel videos look fine even when played full screen.

If it wasen't for the Video limitation then K750i would have been a perfect phone. Well, W810i solves this problem but still it has a resolution of 176X220 too & so do the new K550i. K810i is good, but it is not for India (no 3G here & it is very costly).

The phone i m eyeing on now is W580 (yipeee 14mm thick slider) or W888i

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
hmmmm.. Yea.. A friend of mine is goin 4 a new music fone.. I m confused between w880,580,830 ,motorokr e6.. And my personal favorite n73me.. Mostly its 580 or moto e6

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
W580 is good, but it is not available yet

W880 is available but cosly.

W830 is perfect but for my taste it is fat.

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
Increase or decrease the font size on your smartphone.

Did you ever think how to increase or decrease font size on your mobile phone? Now you have font size solution which is called Psiloc Font Magnifier.
Psiloc Font Magnifier is a unique application which lets you change the size of all system fonts on your mobile phone.
Font Magnifier is a very easy and intuitive application. Just install it run the application, choose which fonts you would like to change and restart your mobile phone.

nramanathan

Right off the assembly line
I bought a transcend 2gb card for rs 1300/- in chennai. it came in its original packed feature, but i dont know whether it is original or not.

ANURAG SHARMA

Journeyman
I am using for it last 1 month,and yes font is pretty bad for first time.You need to struggle hard to find 3rd party apps for it.playback and camera is fine.But sound is comparitively low from its speakers,joystick can dig a hole for long use,Its hangs opera mini during processing time.I am having silver one and I really loved its metallic body.By the way its good buy at 10K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom