Nokia E50

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
yea i ll go 4 the black one only... And i know its proccy is more than twice as powerful as qd(remember i hv a qd too? :p ) but i hav seen many users complain abt the video playback..

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
The video playback can be atributed to the codecs. Remember, a normal DivX video found on computer will not play when copied to the phone even in smartmovie. U will need to convert it using smartmovie convertar for PC.

About the font issue, try using it yourself & then check.

I say, make it a standerd that all the mobile phone manufacturers must support the cleartype font face in there mobile phone such as SegoeUI & Deja vu sans

gmanog

Journeyman
I have tried playing a divx file ripped for mobile (Dvx player and smart movie) its working fine. If the screen size is ok with you, you can get it. Over all, its a very good phone. Value for money.
I got the black one, black one is the good looking one. Silver color I didnt like.
reminding you, the back portion of the phone is Metal, not plastic.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Hey, i just used both E50 & Nokia 6300 today. Still finding out whether we can install applications in it or not. Even if we can, I guess they won't be comparable to Symbian OS.

Nokia E50 does have small fonts, tooo small from my point of view. It did had problem while playing 256kbps mp4 video with 24fps at 320X240. iI encoded a video from Constantine movie just for this purpose. The frames were skipping so I guess 196 kbps will run fine in it.

Last edited:
OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
@gx e50 is s60v3 os9.1.. So it obviously supports apps.. 6300 is s40v2 so it supports only crappy java apps.. :s

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
pathiks said:
@gx e50 is s60v3 os9.1.. So it obviously supports apps.. 6300 is s40v2 so it supports only crappy java apps.. :s

I meant "Still finding wether 6300 supports applications".

Since u just mentioned it does not, well...then I guess it is still a nice phone for those who don't want to install applications on there phones like me or SE users, but rather want to use the phone like a phone insted of a Computer. Not everyone wants a phone to watch PDF or .doc files.

With a 2 MP camera, i would compare this phone as Nokia's answer to K550i, now if only I knew the price of K550i :rolleyes:. They could have easily made a killer phone if they combine 6300 body & design with Nokia E50 OS & Software inside. A near perfect combination. Here is a comparision of 6300 & K550i

Last edited:
OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
k550i is 10.6k wit bill... Arnd same as 6300.. But if i were to take a java based fone then i wd rather take a SE than a s40... And 6233 is neday better than 6300.,

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
pathiks said:
k550i is 10.6k wit bill... Arnd same as 6300.. But if i were to take a java based fone then i wd rather take a SE than a s40... And 6233 is neday better than 6300.,

:mad: I hate so rapid growth in technology. i bought my K750i for same price in septembar 2006. Oh well....all I miss is EDGE which is not even available with BSNL :D.

6233, hmm....nah it's not stylish & a looker. Whats with the low memory/RAM in Nokia phones anyway, atleast E50 has inbuilt 70 MB Memory (RAM).

Did u PMed andy?

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
yup i had pmed mail2and but he didnt reply.. Btw e50 has 70mb fone memory not ram.. Its ram is only abt 15-16 mb wich is good enough 4 multi tasking.. :D btw i checked out w830i tdy.. The build quality is ultra stylish.. But the price is 16.x k.. Rather take a n73..

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
N73 ME costs more then 20k if i m right?

& Symbian Mobile phones use the phones inbuilt memory as RAM, actully all phones do. This is why I mentioned them as same.

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
why @gmanog.. Pls share ur experiences wit us... @gx thats not the case.. Qd has phone memory 4mb and ram 17mb(free max 12mb).. So it actually differs in reality

Last edited:

gmanog

Journeyman
pathiks said:
@gmanog how do the videos play in landscape mode.. That shd play properly i think.. Cos the screen is long enuf.. @gx n73me is 21k..
I didnt get any response for my post in your thread earlier, I downloaded a movie ripped for mobile and tried palying it in e50 (I did it only to give you the first hand information) But you didnt even care to respond for it buddy. Thats why I said I wont post here.

If you play the movie in fullscreen mode, it will automatically lanscape mode, thats a bit ok in respect of screen size. I am used to ipod video screen, so e50 screen looks small to me for video. If you are used ot big screens, you may not like the video in it. But it can play videos well.

K

krazyfrog

Don't buy a separate stereo headset (E50 comes with single-ear headset). Instead buy the AD-15 adaptor and connect your own headphones. Also remember it doesn't come with any memory card, so you'll have to buy that too. Dunno whether it comes with a data cable or not so you may have to buy that too (will come in handy while upgrading firmware).
Btw where will you be buying from? Alfa???

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
ye it does come wit a data cable... and a duplicate micro sd 1 gb comes for just 600rs... so no probs...
n yea alfa... and abt that headset thing i wont buy a new one... cos m not that much into music...
but if i do take it than i ll take the AD15 definitely... wat ll be its cost??? and wat headfones do i take... i need new ones...

K

krazyfrog

If you're not into music then i'll suggest you get the standard Nokia stereo headset. A AD-15 adaptor and good headphone (like Creative EP-630) combo will burn a hole the size of moon in your pocket. Better yet persuade the dealer to give the stereo headset to you for free. Exchange the mono headset with it if needed. Original Nokia stereo headset comes for around 400 rupees.
Btw why not go for 2gb? It'll work fine with E50 and will be better value than 1gb.

OP
Pathik

Pathik

Google Bot
2gb micro sd wasnt available in alfa wen i checked.. If they get it ..it shd be arnd 1.1k ., i ll take it if they hav it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom