Nokia c5 browsing problem

mayurthemad

Broken In
Hello guys, i am mayurthemad and i have a nokia c5. The problem is whenever i try to browse the net on my mobile through opera mini, some sort of message comes like this "General: memory full, please close some applications". Now this message comes frequently & really irritates me :(
. Plz guys tell me how to solve this problem so that i can browse freely.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^Lol..That wont work...Because as soon as that message pops up..opera closes so no use of that.I have faced it several time myself.
2ndly It must be opera mobile not mini.
Mobile is prone to out of memory errors on s60v3 and s60v5 devices.
However opera mini is not known for any such issues.

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
nokia symbian have a age old history of memory full problem... i've used n72, n95 and 500, all these give memory full error on loading heavy pages and sometimes also on opening camera....

OP
mayurthemad

mayurthemad

Broken In
Although it doesn't close opera like sujeet said but it pops out quite frequently.
So guys is there any solution of this problem ?

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
restart it before browsing..... but afaik, low ram of nokias is culprit which you cant change.....

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Make sure opera turbo is enabled so as to minimise the per page memory usage and try clearing cache and cookies if you havent.
After that only option left is to switch to uc browser or use default nokia browser.

Try updating the firmware/software of your phone and see if it fixes the issue.

OP
mayurthemad

mayurthemad

Broken In
Since i have installed opera on the memory card(which has 200mb free) therefore i think that there is no question of low memory.
Btw is uc browser stable and does it show any kind of problem like this ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ low memory doesn't mean memory card or internal memory for installing apps. its the 128Mb ram that C5 carries. C5 5MP (new one) have 256Mb ram (Nokia C5-00 5MP & Nokia C5-00)

OP
mayurthemad

mayurthemad

Broken In
@Sam : thank you very much for opening my eyes. :-D
Again i am asking, does uc browser show any kind of problem if i use it on my mobile ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ nope. it won't. UCBrowser like opera mini compresses the page using their servers hence it uses less ram and runs smoothly :)

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^^Oprera mobile has got similar download manager and supports resuming.
However Though opera mini. shows resume capability elbit most of the time it fails.

OP
mayurthemad

mayurthemad

Broken In
Ummm... guys there is also another problem which is akin to what sujeet said in his last post. While downloading uc browser from getjar the file stops at 1mb & doesn't move. While resuming it, the download again starts but moves nowhere. What to do now ?

Sujeet

Undead!!!
dont use opera to download uc from getjar.
Rather use default nokia browser or opera and goto m.opera.com for downloading the latest version compatible with your phone.
After. that try downloading uc from m.mobile9.com

Top Bottom