Which is a better phone?

• Sony Ericsson K700i

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

suave_guy

pedal to metal
look here i wont compare nk6600 with k700i...coz both have their own advantages and disadvantages....

k700i is definately a better multimedia phone and also has a better camera software...also its far better in terms of 3D games...infact n6600 cant play real 3D games, better quality screen, light weight

nk6600 has memory expansion plus more software support....

my point is that dont go for nk6600....its too common now and it has no appeal left and also outdated...

btw 2 months back i was in the same dilemma but i chose k700i out of the two for the above reasons...

look out for nk3230....this is what i suggest, also nk6670 is worth a thought as suggested by someone in the previous page..

ENjoy...

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
mariner said:
drgrudge said:
I like 6600 personally.
But it too has disadvantages.
- no FM/Mp3 playback (but can be done with third party spftwares)
:D

but doesnt it require ur gprs to be on while listening FM?
Yeah .. it needs GPRS. We don get indian stations , but believe me we get really good quality music (world music) and a lot of variety as well.

fact_speaks

Broken In
come on guys some punk above mentioned that Nokia6600 is outdated it has a cool look and brillant software compatabilites no will even think of going to a S700i. See dude i brought a n6600 recently i am happy with the phone even though s700i supports Mp3 but no expandable memory so what's the use of haveing a mp3 player where y got no memory and even Pictures u are restrictied to a few pictures depending on the memory in the s700i where as in n6600 there is no limit depends on the memory card u have just invest ur money in a 128mb memory card and u will have a lot fun and free in any other mobile. And about the Mp3 player there is a third party software names UltraMp3 player download this and you will be given a 15 minutes trail time try the software in the 6600 u will not regret that u spended ur money in this mobile.

suave_guy

pedal to metal
i think its k700i and not s700i ur talking about....

s700i has expandable memory and its actually far far better then nk6600....

ENjoy...

Delpiero

Journeyman
Depends on your needs. If you don't want to put songs and videos in your phone. Go for K700i. Otherwise nokia 6600 is the one for you. I have 6600 and it's a great phone. It's a shame that a phone like k700i doesn't have memory expansion.

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
i wud personally go 4 k700i...it has bluetooth/IR/usb/java/mp3/ 1 hr vid recording gre8 looks......what else u need.....i have used both d phone..n im really really impressed wid 700i.....i played some tennis game on it and its 3d graphics rocks. video n sound quality is also up to d mark....so, go 4 700i

blu_6779

Broken In
K700i definitely. Some advantages:-

1. 3d games.
2. Stereo sound.
3. aac support (1/2 the size of mp3s, very good quality too).
4. Bluetooth is waaaaaaaaay much faster than 6600 ouch.
5. Sleek beauty (6600 looks and feels like an ostrich egg :-D).
6. Photos are more colorful and sharp especially daylight shots but night shots are crap, panorama view photos, flash.
7. mp4 support (it's better than 3gp).
8. Higher resolution (K700i 176x220, 6600 176x208), screen clarity and brightness is far better.

If you want expandable mem and 2 mp cam go for k750i retailing @ Rs. 18k

cheers.

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
I had a Sony Ericsson T-230 phone earlier. To be honest I was so much irritated by the phone's reception that I didn't dare to go for K700i despite being feature rich,cheaper than all other phones of that range. I have to shout all my guts to get my voice transferred and more importantly its receiver was so bad that I have to stretch my each ear muscle in order to get what the person on the other side was saying if there was even a little bit of noisy envt. In my room its performance was OK. only sometimes the voice jerks.
May be they had rectified the problem in K700i. But I'll never go for SE phones again in my life. MY Vote is therefore for Nokia 6600. Though I choose neither N-6600 nor SE-K700i. I chose Motorola E-398 instead and I am quite staisfied with it till now (only 5 days).

blu_6779

Broken In
hmm. I have the T310, T230, and the K700 and my T230 doesn't have the problem u mentioned, maybe a defect in that piece. BTW, the signal is definitely better on the K700 than the T310 or T230.

Cheers.

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
hi sandeepkochhar,

im thinking of buying e398 but donno much abt da phone wud u thro some light on it..also whats d price in delhi..i will buy it around november..dont have that much money now :(

Jatin_T

Journeyman
Same here..i m stuck between buying the 6600, k 700i or the e398..each is good in its own way i guess
Not much inclined for 6600..its too common..and i had a t610 till now...so dont want such a big phone...
Can u tell me which to choose between e398 and k700i
BTw..e398 is for 8500/-..whts the price of k700i??

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Jatin_T said:
Can u tell me which to choose between e398 and k700i
BTw..e398 is for 8500/-.whts the price of k700i??
E398 for sure.. but E398 dont have video recording and needs headsets for FM radio, the image taken with E398 is not as good as k700i, other E398 rules.

Jatin_T said:
whts the price of k700i??
K700i is 13.5k at SE stores. It's avalable for 11-12k at other places; even lower at grey markets.

blu_6779

Broken In
Pros of e398 over K700i:

1. Memory slot.
2. Better night shots with flash, though k700i day shots are much better than e398 day shots. Flash is way better than k700i.
3. Thumping stereo speakers!!
4. Rhythm lights
5. Standard headphone connector jack.

Cons:

1. 5 mb internal memory - less memory to store your apps and other stuff.
2. No radio.
3. No video recording.
4. Video playback is not as smooth especially if vid is stored in external memory. Doesn't play vids with aac audio, only amr.

I am more inclined towards the k700i, sorry :)

cheers.

Jatin_T

Journeyman
Hey..i checked for the E398 at Indraprasth(Borivli,Mumbai) from where i got my T610..and it wasnt een available..the shopkeepers told it was not selling so they didnt keep it.
BTW,the K700i is available for around 11000 with bill...so i might get it..or wait till next month for my birthday and try to get K750i :p

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
drgrudge has done an excellent review on Motorola E398 and there is very little which I can add to it. Visit this link:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15977

Jatin_T from where u r getting E398 for 8500/. Is the price with bill?

PainKiller I have bought that for Rs 9500 in delhi. Phone is good. But slow processor though better than 6600 in terms of processing power. Camera is just 0.3 MP taking a max resolution of 640*480. So if camera is an issue for u then don't go for that. Personally I am not obsessed by pic quality taken by camera phones. Even an entry level standalone digital camera is far better than camera phones. 1.3 MP camera phones aren't that good either bcoz of their small CCD. No video recording for E398.
For MP3 listening this phone is the BEST and no comparision can be made with any other phone in Indian market. Moreover Motorola is giving free USB Data Cable, Excellent headphones which reminds u of the sound of ur 2.1 speakers.
Reception is good comparable to Nokia phones. 65k TFT screen is fantabulous. u can read through in sunlight too.Battery life is 2 days if u do MP3 listeningfor 2-3 hours a day

What else can u ask for less than Rs 10k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom