Which is a better phone?

• Sony Ericsson K700i

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tweety_bird_bunny

Journeyman
i wanna buy a mob.. my contenders acc to my specs are nok 6600 n sony k700i..... what do u recomend should i buy between these 2 n why??

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
birdie.. I say.. if you want features... I suppose the Sony k700i rocks.. I possess a Sony k500i and it's great.

But.. beware.. the problem with SonyE phones are poor reception.

So if you are in places with low reception signals... you can undoubtedly go for Nokia...

Hey.., why don't you go for Nokia 3230. Same size screen, smaller, lighter...

At a glance :

1.3 megapixel camera (effective resolution 1.23 megapixels for image capture)
Video capture up to 1 hour
Customize your mini-movies with Movie Director
xHTML browser for real Web browsing
Expandable memory: 32 MB Reduced-sized MultiMedia Card (RS-MMC) included
New multiplayer games over Bluetoothâ„¢ wireless technology
MMS, chat, and instant messaging

A whole range for Indians:
*www.nokia.co.in/nokia/0,8764,45260,00.html

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Discussed b4:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19565

Anyways :
I like 6600 personally.
But it too has disadvantages.
- no FM/Mp3 playback (but can be done with third party spftwares)
- low speaker volume
- slow processor (but with more memory of MMC it's a bit faster)

And with k700i, we have:
- no expandable memory
- bad keypads (IMO)
- no symbian OS
- Night mode cam quality is not that good
- compactibilty issues

So see the pros and cons and decide. I personally will go for 6600 :D

Charley

Just Do It
I'd go for N-6600, cos it has all the features [whatever are necessary] .

K-700 I really didnt like cos it doesnt have memory extendability, compaiblity probs.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
It depends on your priorities mate!! Both phones are good so buy the one that satisfies your needs better. For example, if you want expandable memory and Symbian, then buy the 6600. However, if you don't mind the lack of expandable memory and Symbian, but want dedicated mp3 playback and FM support, then go for the K700i. Just prioritize your needs and buy the right phone ;)

khandu

In the zone
ofcourse it is.. but then isint 6630 better or infact 6681 or N91??

Dude.. he hasent mentioned those cells.. maybe its not in his budget..

stick to the topic..

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
man u d only 1 to decide here...coz really u can see it all depends on ur needs.....sony has another advntage at price tag.....my friend took n6600 n now he paying for....for everything little thing he needs he is asked to spend a lump sum on it for softwares, memory cards etc.....also its speed gradually decreases with load.....sony for u wud be 1 time investment but rem. if u have 2 kick in more memory at any COST then go for nokia...gud luk

cheers

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Yeah.. speedguy is correct you might have to invest on more than you might have expected.. on softwares of symbian series 60 (unless you are prepared to get otherwise) and on MMC.

But agian..it all depends on wht features you prefer.

rohanbee

Padawan
Personally go for the k700i rather than the 6600. Reasons explained by some of the ppl above. Also, personally i tend to favour the sony-ericsson variety always.

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
why would anyone compare 700i with n60 series mobiles...
guys....n60 series is a smart phone and k700i is a semi smart phone..
if u want just a stylish phone..go for 700i. it notflexible wrt to installable softwares..
n60 series is based on symbian os(just like our comps are based on windows or linux) u can install various application. watch movies...and infinity functions can be added to it...

but dont buy 6600. it is outdated..when i first came to UK 2 years ago..that phone was hype..but now no one gives a damn abt it...u can get one even for 35£.
get 6670..it costs 14k in indian market..

but pls dont compare the uncomparables..

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
speedyguy said:
man u d only 1 to decide here...coz really u can see it all depends on ur needs.....sony has another advntage at price tag.....my friend took n6600 n now he paying for....for everything little thing he needs he is asked to spend a lump sum on it for softwares, memory cards etc.....also its speed gradually decreases with load.....sony for u wud be 1 time investment but rem. if u have 2 kick in more memory at any COST then go for nokia...gud luk

cheers

PM me if u want softwares for n60 series...(for free)

Charley

Just Do It
bharathbala2003 said:
hmm like what.. but i feel its far better.. 6600 proccy is too slow!

Phew, the feature like memory expandability which is very important & it doesnt have an OS [Symbian] .... Also forgot to mention it has the compatibilty probs.

All these things are very much needed and preferred, especially if I were to select .

So N-6600 is far better.

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
drgrudge said:
I like 6600 personally.
But it too has disadvantages.
- no FM/Mp3 playback (but can be done with third party spftwares)
:D

but doesnt it require ur gprs to be on while listening FM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom