nokia 6233 AVRCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sai_cool

Journeyman
hi guys,
i am buying the motorola s9 stereo bluetooth headset tommorow. but the headset needs the AVRCP profile to be present on the phone to use the controls...( i use a nokia 6233)...

so does the 6233 hve AVRCP profile?

Pathik

Google Bot
I dont think you need a AVRCP profile to play music thru the s9.
It is used to control the BT headset remotely thru BT.
But you just need to stream stereo audio to the headset and u can control it manually from the fone.

OP
S

sai_cool

Journeyman
pathik bhai. i know we control the playback from the fone..

but to control it from my headset i need the AVRCP profile.. so i am askin whether the 6233 has it.. coz it would be much easier if i could control the music thru my headset, rather than my phone

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
arre avcrp is a property of the headset...if ur phone as a2dp it will have a avcrp profile neway...if it doesnt then how do u explain the controlling of volume and switcing of calls in a normal bluetooth headset...

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
All A2DP phones I know have AVRCP as well, so I think 6233 should have it as well.

@amd, AVRCP is not needed for simple call switching and volume adjusting. That can be managed by Bluetooth Headset Profile. AVRCP is needed for more complex stuff like special music keys for play/pause, forwarding/rewinding of track and displaying track title on headset display, etc.

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
@amd, AVRCP is not needed for simple call switching and volume adjusting. That can be managed by Bluetooth Headset Profile. AVRCP is needed for more complex stuff like special music keys for play/pause, forwarding/rewinding of track and displaying track title on headset display, etc.

dude..i said that all phons have the avcrp profile and its hereby on the part of the headset to support tht quality..the nokia bh-501 doesnt have an avcrp profile..(it doesnt have buttons for play pause)..but the moto s9 has...

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^ I understood that part. I'm talking about the part where you said about volume adjusting and call switching which i'm trying to say has nothing to do with A2DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom