Nokia 5230 battery standby.

ANURAG SHARMA

Journeyman
Can anybody tell how much juice is battery of NOKIA 5230 gives after full charge? It ix charging in 7 hrs. I got 10 days before n battery running only 1 hr net usage n oneday standby with few calls? :( btw im gonna post review soon.

Gollum

Collector
If you keep running multiple apps and also use internet, your phone will last a maximum of 4 hours. But on standby it can last at least two days.

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
I have atleast 6 apps running 24x7 on my 5230 i.e from boot to shutdown (set to autostart):
An SMS Blocker
A Call blocker
A Call Recorder
JBakTaskMan
A Profile Changer
PocketSensor (Proximity Sensor)

Also using my own flash homescreen with time display in seconds with 1fps frame rate.

+ Moderate use like playing a game, some video clips, radio, music etc for a couple of hours on an 8GB microsdhc.

I charge it once everyday with almost 40-50% battery remaining.

The BL-5J battery 1320mAh which comes with the 5230 is quite robust and should last you atleast a day even with multiple apps and heavy use. Standby times are a good 2-3 days for the average user.

Even with GPS and internet use, I have never had to recharge the battery more than once any day.
Also, my custom firmware has the cpu running at max cycle rate and is optimized for performance and not battery.

A simple tip would be to disable the Network mode from Dual Mode to GSM only (disable 3G/UMTS if you don't use it) and adjust the backlight optimally.
PocketSensor is a good app to replace the keylock and save battery life too.

kool

Cyborg Agent
I have atleast 6 apps running 24x7 on my 5230 i.e from boot to shutdown (set to autostart):
An SMS Blocker
A Call blocker
A Call Recorder
JBakTaskMan
A Profile Changer

Also using my own flash homescreen with time display in seconds with 1fps frame rate.

+ Moderate use like playing a game, some video clips, radio, music etc for a couple of hours on an 8GB microsdhc.

The BL-5J battery 1320mAh which comes with the 5230 is quite robust and should last you atleast a day even with multiple apps and heavy use. Standby times are a good 2-3 days for the average user.

Even with GPS and internet use, I have never had to recharge the battery more than once any day.
Also, my custom firmware has the cpu running at max cycle rate and is optimized for performance and not battery.

A simple tip would be to disable the Network mode from Dual Mode to GSM only (disable 3G/UMTS if you don't use it) and adjust the backlight optimally.

Yes Bro, u r right. By d way which call recorder u r using, do it record w/o beep?

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
You can use any call recorder. heck you may use pys60's sound module and code your own (I have :)))
But remember to disable the beep only using a patch from rompatcher or modding the firmware itself. this will disable the hardcoded beeps and you may then proceed to record with any app in the best quality possible.
You can use Ultimate Voice recorder too but remember to disable the no beep function of these apps because all they do is skip recording after every few seconds interval like 5 seconds, so the recorded file is lossy and of lesser duration than the call.

OP
ANURAG SHARMA

ANURAG SHARMA

Journeyman
An SMS Blocker
A Call blocker
A Call Recorder
JBakTaskMan
A Profile Changer

Free radical can u plz share ur apps.........
and is it fine that 5230 takes 7-8 hours for charging.
I am unable to identify whether mine battery is giving enough backup and also monitoring via NOKIA battery monitor app. Gonna consult NOKIA care.

btw how much brightness should be kept normally? I mostly keep at 30%.

Last edited:

nmenon

Broken In
If my 5230 is on standby with occassional calls (<15 min a day, quite a rare occurence) I get upto 3-4 days of standby. Nokia Battery monitor generally shows a charging time from a battery low situation to be about 2 hours. If I use GPRS I don't get more than a day and a half. But the Battery life's quite good for a device with a large screen and 3G, (I use the dual mode, Tata DoCoMo is 3.5G here, use the net on it sometimes).

Top Bottom