Nokia 3250 vs SE W810i vs Moto RIZR

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
bongourav

bongourav

Broken In
Yea .. I dont think java phones are as too backward as compared to symbian phones. I suppose there are quite a number of java apps and games available... If thats so then whats the real advantage of buying a symbian OS ?? Can anyone please explain this to me ...

And if the gap between symbian and java is not much then I'll definately go for SE W810i !!!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^ to make a decision on that grounds, first u need to research out all the possible apps that u may need now. of corz ur future needs may be different. will u watch only 3gp/mp4 movies or wud u like to watch divx movies too. do u want separate recording software or are u happy wid the inbuilt ones. do u need real media support? its all abt flexibility in symbian os based phones.

but then again it depends on OS version. symbian os v7,8,9 etc. not every app will be compatible wid every os version. so u need to be clear on that front too. just thinking that buying a symbian os based phone will let u install ur fav. app is wrong! u need to see if its compatible wid the os version on ur phone! but this is one thing where java phones do not haf probs. of corz u will not try to load a today's java app in a 2 year old java based phone! so no worries in this matter in java phones.

if u'll only load games and software like dictionary etc. then there's no dearth of java software. u even haf a winamp like java media player!

but if u say u want "good camera + good music", look no further than w810i. it won't disappoint u on these criteria. but not all may like its looks! its my personal experience, i feel music quality is far far better in w810i than in any Nokia ME based phones and so is the cam quality plus the bundled earbuds are something to really talk abt. i'm not talking after comparing one set of phone but many phones. others may or may not agree wid me. if only good looks is in ur mind, get the moto phone! imho u pay a lot more for the features in n70me which u may never use! so keep the price factor also in mind.

if nokia wud've released an n72me then i can bet on it that it wud've been the fastest moving n series phone ever!!! pity we dun haf such a phone. i believe n72 is value for money. u pay for all that u'll use. but then its music capabilities are nothing great to mention!

i'd say if the choice is between 3250 xpress music and w810i, then get w810i widout doubt! but if only good cam's in ur mind get n72, coz thats value for money!

ps: i know its very boring to go thru the loooooooooooooong post but i've tried to clear every point as much as possible! hope it helps!!! :)

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Symbian phone becomes slower nd files become cluttered unless u do some regular backups nd formats.
I owned a 3230 then a 6630 and now Im more than happy with my W 700i. With Nokia all I got was many hangs, restarts and some crappy pics with the cams.

I say 810i is way better than the competitors. It weighs only some 98 gms with all those tons of features..

K

krazyfrog

Well owning a smartphone can be a headache if you don't know what you're dealing with. It needs to be handled more like a pc rather than a phone. Not many people find that exciting. If you're one of them, i'll suggest you stay away from smartphones. W810i will be better for you. Otherwise you should go for N72.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
If u have lotz of images in a symbian phone, then itll take ages to open the gallery. Same is with everythin for symbian.

The phone always is not slow when large mem cards are used, but only when the cards data is filled to the brim. The phone seems sluggish.

Pathik

Google Bot
jus manage ur data properly and ur fone ll be faster than ever.. I m using a 1gb mmc on my qd wich is almost full still it rox.. As 4 the images use any image viewer app

assasin

Banned
aravind_n20 said:
Symbian phone becomes slower nd files become cluttered unless u do some regular backups nd formats.
I owned a 3230 then a 6630 and now Im more than happy with my W 700i. With Nokia all I got was many hangs, restarts and some crappy pics with the cams.
[\quote]

thats not true.i've used a 6630 for bout a yr with a 1GB rsmmc.it wasnt slow and as far as hang is concerned every multimedia fone will hang once in a while be it a Nokia or SE.i think if u know how to use a Symbian fone correctly then neither will it become slow over time,nor will it hav much hanging probs.at present i'm using a Nokia 5500 with 1GB microSD.it doesnt hav any hang probs neither is it slow.

Last edited:
K

krazyfrog

My qd is based on one of the most ancient hardware ever built. Still it has never crashed in all the two years that i have (ab)used it. And i use a 512 mb card. It all boils down to how you handle them.

Destruction

Broken In
hey gaurav u have asked the same question as i would have like to ask.

I also had the same choices , w810i , n70 me and 3250 me.

But very frankly I have chosen w810i and on the holly occasion of gudipadwa
i.e 19 march I am gonna get it.

Anyway not a single pnone is perfect for our choices but w810i is very close to wat we want.

So think no further, I have made a lot of research on it. Get w810i.

OP
bongourav

bongourav

Broken In
infra_red_dude said:
^^
ps: i know its very boring to go thru the loooooooooooooong post but i've tried to clear every point as much as possible! hope it helps!!! :)

Thanks for such a lovely explanation and surely it was not at all boring.

Anyways, let me tell you all that I have not yet got my cell. I'll be gettin it on 16th -- that's wen my b'day falls too !!!

And frankly speaking I myself am also inclined towards W810i.

I also wanted to all you all guys 1 more thing. Today 1 of my friend told me that W810i stands nowhere to 3250 in terms of music loudness/ringtone sound ... Is it true? Please tell ...

Pathik

Google Bot
no no dont listen to kooly... :p
do think of n70/n72..
btw w810i is neday better than 3250 in terms of cam and sound....
but 3250 can do other better things..

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Why are geeting so much tensed? every phone has it's own pros and cons.

But for u r requirement just go for W810i and also it's battery life is quite good and since one of my cousin uses that phone he has not faced any battery related problems in 1yr.

harmads

Journeyman
There is magazine called "My Mobile" for 50.00. I found this to be excellent for compring 100s of phones, with features,prices and recommendations etc. I used it to choose my W810...

My recommendations:

Moto : These are only for style
N series : Good features but heavy on pocket
W810 : very good features, best sound system, Quad Band( its a world phone, it will work all over the world). Value for money now, I paid 19K last year.

OP
bongourav

bongourav

Broken In
You know wat friends, I agree wid u all that every phone has its pros and cons but in case of W810i the biggest drawback is its "extremely" small screen. Its something that one cant easily compromise with. And this is where most Nokia phones are a real leader !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom