Nokia 3110C vs SE W200i(512MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adi007

Youngling
Hi guys

I am planning to buy a mobile
Max budget:5 K

I am thinking between Nokia 3110C and SE W200i(512MB) ..
Which one you guys prefer..?

Nokia 3110 C has hell lot's of features(even edge,bluetooth)..
SE misses with edge,bluetooth

Moreover SE supports Memory Stick Micro (M2) which AFAIK is costlier than microSD supported by Nokia

and one more thing if there is any other set's in this range offering the same features please post them here

ECE0105

In the zone
Go for the 3110 Classic... It's a great phone given the budget... If you can spend some more money, the 3500 Classic can be yours with a 2MP camera. I am not sure about the picture quality though... But it would definitely be better than the SE W200i.

And, also keep in mind that a 1GB Memory Stick costs around 900, whereas a MicroSD Card for the Nokia costs only 400 for 2GB.

OP
A

adi007

Youngling
Go for the 3110 Classic... It's a great phone given the budget... If you can spend some more money, the 3500 Classic can be yours with a 2MP camera. I am not sure about the picture quality though... But it would definitely be better than the SE W200i.

And, also keep in mind that a 1GB Memory Stick costs around 900, whereas a MicroSD Card for the Nokia costs only 400 for 2GB.

Thanks for the reply
But i have heard that Nokia 3110 C will not ship with any usb cable...
That means i have to buy a Micros SD as well as USB cable :(

Edburg

In the zone
^^the w200i does not even have half the features of 3110c....but does have better earphones...

so 3110c + 1 GB (Rs.200) and along with some good earphones will be a great option....

w200i + 1 GB (Rs.900) wont have bluetooth and edge,only VGA and so on...

you can have the data cable for about 50 or 75 rs in the local market...(my frnd got one for 3500c for 25 rs)...

ECE0105

In the zone
@Ebdurg
Rite said bro.

Or, another simple thing to do would be to also buy a Card reader (for around 150 Rs).
This will not only help in fast data transfers esp. songs to the card and the cable will also double up for the phone....

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
3110c is definitely a much better phone than W200i. If you listen to music then just get a 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm converter. The sound quality rocks. I've tested it with my 5700's headset. Sound quality-wise it's even better than my 5700!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nokia 3110c.......All the way.

Nokia 3110c got Bluetooth which W200i lacks. Plus, 3110c has got a 1.3mp camera.

And now close this thread.

OP
A

adi007

Youngling
hmm...
Everyone suggesting that
I searched the forum about Nokia 3110 C
and found this Nokia 3110 Classic Sucks !!! ???
Please don't bump that thread..
Let's continue the discussion here
Hey Guys I AM Realy Upset To Say I Was Attract NOKIA 3110c camera adver. finally i grab it. but it suks if u belive me some sucking points-:
*.1.3 meaningless output very poor output in night
*.Automatically Restart Not In My Particular Set But All Nokia 3110c
*.10 Class GPRS Sucks. Internet Automatically Disconnected At Time Of Period.
*.Harsh Look Keypad
*.Major Software Problem Freinds..
*.Low Sound Quallity.
*.No Wav Supports In Audio Player.
*.8 Mb Internal Memory Toooo Foolish Even U Cant Open Any Wallpaper Sometimes Due To Memory

All These Foolish In Just Under 5500 Rs/-
Why??
Freinds Do U Have Any Answers

And researching about it i also found that the Mobile Restarts quite often and will hang when tried to use a micro SD of 512+mb capacity

And in the mean time also suggest a good economical SIM card and plan :p
BTW can i use Nokia 3110 C without any SIM ..?

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Well dude, my cousin got Nokia 3110c at home and I would say its the best phone available in your budget.

1) Ahh come one yaar, it hasn't got any Flash.....So, the camera will definitely suck at night. You can just use the night mode though.
2) My cousin's 3110c never automatically restarts....It hasn't got any sort of software problems.
3) W200i also got class 10 GPRS......So, that doesn't make any difference.
4) And believe me, Keypad is one of the most comfortable to use.
5) Sound Quality < W200i but still it is a better all round fone.
6) WAV support......Yeah, it doesn't play WAV files......Anyways WAV files are big......Thats the reason why MP3, WMA, AAC came into existence. And yeah, it supports all the 3 above. Pluse, it can play and record QCIF videos in 3GP format.
7) You got the microSD card, use it.....

But the phone has got a sluggish screen.....But that doesn't matter when you're getting so much of features.

But anyways, I think that my cousin's phone has got a newer S40 firmware, thats why it is good....He got the phone in April.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Hey Guys I AM Realy Upset To Say I Was Attract NOKIA 3110c camera adver. finally i grab it. but it suks if u belive me some sucking points-:
*.1.3 meaningless output very poor output in night
*.Automatically Restart Not In My Particular Set But All Nokia 3110c
*.10 Class GPRS Sucks. Internet Automatically Disconnected At Time Of Period.
*.Harsh Look Keypad
*.Major Software Problem Freinds..
*.Low Sound Quallity.
*.No Wav Supports In Audio Player.
*.8 Mb Internal Memory Toooo Foolish Even U Cant Open Any Wallpaper Sometimes Due To Memory

All These Foolish In Just Under 5500 Rs/-
Why??
Freinds Do U Have Any Answers

That guy is foolish he wants a N82 for 5500 /- ( now it is 4400rs)

why should wav be supported in audio player ???

Harsh look keypad : what does he mean by that ?

Major Software Problem Freinds.. that guy is a complete fool don't know how to handle a mobile ask him what problem is he getting my friend is using that phone for more than 6 months no problem yet.

Even the phone got 2.5 mm jack

that guy might have got paid by someone to bad name 3110c :lol:

dude in that section 3110 classic wins hands down

well if you don't wanna buy it then i will suggest samsung E250

E250 is not at all better than 3110C period

W200i is damn foolish phone

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Sound Quality < W200i...

if it is music, go for SE W200i
That's not true. It's the Walkman branding which usually fools people into believing that the phones automatically sound superior to all the other phones, which actually couldn't be farther from the truth. In reality both phones sound similar. I've spent considerable time hearing both of them. If you put a similar pair of headphones on both the phones then you'll be hard-pressed to find any perceptible difference between the sound quality.

Don't get fooled by the brand names guys. The proof of the pie is in the eating. And eating it yourself. ;-)

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Noopes.Sound quality in the W200 is much better.Provides better bass and a richer feeling to the music, comes with good bundles headphones too. I daresay, a person buying a budget phone wont buy an earphone as an accessory.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Noopes.Sound quality in the W200 is much better.Provides better bass and a richer feeling to the music, comes with good bundles headphones too.
Initially I found it a bit hard to believe too. But the bass in 3110c is just as awesome as any Walkman phone out there. It's totally kickass. You just need a good earphone to get it out. And there is no lack of richness too whatsoever.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
+1 for 3110 classic

On side note, if possible increase your budget & get Nokia 6233 = Good music + Good 2 MPcamera + 3G + Good screen

sujoyp

Grand Master
Man go for 3110 classic...I bought last month for Rs.4600 with 512mb card free....
Its great...along that I bought a memory card reader cost Rs.150...u will get micro usb cable with it.. which u can use as mobile cable too.....Soo that becomes

Rs.4800 with 3110 classic + 512 MB card + card reader +datacable:D

enjoy;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom