No Thermal Paste !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adorablesrini

Broken In
Can anybody plz help me out with my doubt regarding thermal paste and core 2 duo? I got this E6300 (1.86Ghz) the box pack which came with a thermal heat sink.When i installed the chip and heatsink i didnt apply any thermal paste on my own.Is it alright to use it this way? I dont plan to overclock.I got intel DG965RY board.When i check with the Intel Desktop Utilities Monitor the temperature of Core is shown as -40C(relative temp) and motherboard temp around 50C.Is that normal?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
But ur mobo temp seems to be high. Dun really know bout C2D mobos. My mobo temp has never exceeded 40c even at full load.
Does ur mobo chip has a fan on heatsink?

shantanu

Technomancer
nforce chipsets are cooler compared to VIA and intel now-a-days.. the temp. is fine and maybe his BIOS is giving some wrong info. as it many times happen in INTEL boards until you update your BIOS...

OP
A

adorablesrini

Broken In
thx guys for replyin so fast!

The software shows me 5 temps

*img63.imageshack.us/img63/4819/temperaturelb1.th.jpg

The zones specified by the intel are shown below

*img404.imageshack.us/img404/3595/layoutun2.th.png

let me know what u guys infer from this!!

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
cud be m/b problem, i had problem in Intel DG965WH & P4 3.06 procy.

the CPU Heat sink randomly got really hot, otherwise i can directly touch the CPU heat sink & the tem was very low (heat sink wud remain warm but not hot).

the chipset heat sink was always REALLY HOT.

RAM stayed warm all time.

i faced this HOT problem:D only in this new dg965wh m/b.

in my present ASUS 915g m/b, every thing is warm (not hot), after some gaming sumtimes i touch the cpu (same procy) & chipset heat sink (did this to make sure cpu was fine), they remain warm, especially the procy.

(i cudnt use a s/f for random temp. logging as i cudnt find one supporting XP Pro (non sp2).:(

shantanu

Technomancer
@s18000 RPM go for these :

sissoftware sandra :

www.thecomputernext.bravehost.com\downloads\sis.exe

www.thecomputernext.bravehost.com\downloads\everest.exe for everest ultimate edition

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
thanks shantanu, but i De-Graded :D my system to good ol' ASUS 915 & GMA900:D

so now i dont have any problems at all.

Thanks a lot to HP for making such a trouble free system:)

i had terrible time with that dg965wh m/b, you know very well about "my Adventures":D:D:D

to tell you the truth, this GMA900 gave more FPS (frame-per-sec) :D:D:D than GMA 3000 or the intel claimed GMA X3000 :x

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom