No sound from right speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

shariq_pj

Broken In
Guys...

It's urgent guys...

I'm not able to hear any sound in my PC's right speaker...

I checked all the volume properties and the audio settings in the control panel... But no go...

Help me out guys...

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Once when I brought new Creative speakers, same problem happened to me also.

The solution was, I had to purchase a Sound card, then the sound started coming from both speakers :D

OP
shariq_pj

shariq_pj

Broken In
I hav this ALtec Lansing speakers...

They were workin pretty fine for the past few months...

I'm noticin this jus today...

LordDJ

Broken In
Dude check if the speakers are working. Plug it in to a walkman or something and check. Maybe the cable has got broken or got pulled out.

ramprasad

In the zone
Do as LordDJ said........

Still problem...?
Take it to the nearest audio repair guy, might be a prob with the power transistors inside the unit....

I had the same problem, so replaced the transistors @ 100 bucks.....

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Also, if possible, try switching the left and right channels by interchanging the connection wires. If that still gives you a problem, then it has to be an issue with your computer. But if the right speaker still gives no sound (after being switched to left), then it's a problem with that speaker.

OP
shariq_pj

shariq_pj

Broken In
I checked with all the cord connection... everythin is proper... and the speakers work with the walkman very well...

I tried uninstallin and reinstallin the audio driver... No go...

I ave an ASUS P5gv-tmx board...

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
check if any dust/obstruction is on the pin of the speakers or in the jack and try adjusting the connection.

My headphones sometimes play only one side but when i rotate and adjust the pin in the socket it workx fine...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i think the problem is connected wid the soundcard coz the speakers play fine with the walkman. check the connector on the soundcard.

attach a different set of speakers/headphones to the soundcard and check. since you've reinstalled the driver you've eliminated any software issues.

ps: haf u been playin around wid the soundcard? one of my friends blew up the right channel of the soundcard while messing wid it!

OP
shariq_pj

shariq_pj

Broken In
It's integrated audio...

I did'nt mess around with the audio part of my motherboard... The speakers were jus workin fine and I don't know when all this happened since I started noticin it yesterday...

I jus play NFS and Doom3 on my comp... Well that's what I had been doin...

I checked the same with a set of headphones... Same thing's happenin...

My Tower has a phones jack in the front panel... I tried connectin the speakers to that port too... Still the same problem...

This problem seems very peculiar to me...

OP
shariq_pj

shariq_pj

Broken In
I opened the cabinet and checkd for the connections...

One of the audio connectors was loose... I plugged it back again and Voila...!
Its' working... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom