no display on monitor

amitdhage

Broken In
today I started my pc and cpu was running but no display. please help me.

my configuration are amd phenom II x4 955 ,biostar ta790gxbe , corsair valur select 4gb ddr2 ram corsair cx 450 watts psu.

further information keyboard and mouse were running.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If by display you mean, the LED light of monitor keeps blinking and doesn't show anything while the CPU seems to be start (due to the noise), then that probably is due to some problem with mobo.

Open all wires. Clean the dust out of the insides of cabinet. Tighten all cables inside them too. And then see if the display comes.
Also check if removing one or more RAM slots has any affect.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
1) Clean the dust in memory(ram) slot.
2) Unplug the vga/dvi cables of your monitor/onboard graphics and clean the pins and again plugged in.
3) Reset cmos.

If require change the Vga/Dvi cables.It may be faulty.

dibya_kol

In the zone
1) Clean the dust in memory(ram) slot.
2) Unplug the vga/dvi cables of your monitor/onboard graphics and clean the pins and again plugged in.
3) Reset cmos.

If require change the Vga/Dvi cables.It may be faulty.

+1 .. Most of the time, it related with ram.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ amitdhage - just to be sure - do you have any discrete gfx card ?? when there's no display after starting the pc just push the reset button and listen if you hear any beep sound or not.

OP
A

amitdhage

Broken In
No I dont have discrete graphics card. I am using onboard graphics.

Also, cabinet is clean. There is no beep coming from mobo. reset the cmos but no use. also clean the ram slots.

solution found , I have to update the bios first. Thanks for ur replys

maknom66

Broken In
i too had the same problem, my CPU started, but no display. The culprit was the motherboard .the motherboard was dead. I suggest you to call engineer and let him check what is the problem.

OP
A

amitdhage

Broken In
well my friend have amd athlon II x2 7750 processor. I will check it with this proccy. If everything goes ok then I will update the bios. I hope this works.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
experienced same problem. only solution is to give for RMA (if under warranty). they'll update bios as upgrading bios without display mayn't be possible ;)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
another possibility could be - the onboard IGP is not functioning but if Op wants to use onboard IGP he will need to RMA it or else adding a discrete gfx card is a good solution.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
another possibility could be - the onboard IGP is not functioning but if Op wants to use onboard IGP he will need to RMA it or else adding a discrete gfx card is a good solution.

if IGP is gone, will just adding a discrete GPU work? in most cases one have to switch the graphics option in BIOS to PEG from IGP. or it just works?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ If IGP is gone just clear the cmos setting and install the discrete gfx card .

Top Bottom