No cdrom and no HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

skrbhatt

Broken In
I searched but it seems none of you have had this problem!
I got a new system(amd 64 & asus k8smx) and now I am not able to install Mandrake 10.1. It boots through the 1st CD and then it starts searching for usb device(which I don't have) after that, it shows "no cd rom found" and then it shows "no floppy and no HDD". The same had worked perfectly in my old pc. I tried different cds and so its not the cd fault.Please help me.

Thanks.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Do u hv ne other OS installed and is it working fine?
And if its first OS, u r trying to install, then u can enter into BIOS Setup during system startup and can check whether its showing ur Hard disk and CD drive or not...

OP
S

skrbhatt

Broken In
The wires are in perfect condition.I tried fedora core 3 and the installation was smooth so was win Xp.So the problem is only with mandrake.

ujjwal

Padawan
Perhaps your motherboard drive controller is unsupported.

Do you use an SCSI controller? Also, could you post a bit more info about your hardware? :)

OP
S

skrbhatt

Broken In
Sure Ujjwal, I have the following config
Amd Athlon64 2800+,
Asus K8S-mx motherboard,
512 ram 400 MHz(Zion),
160 Gb Seagate HDD,
XFX 5200fx Gfx card
Dlink modem.
I was using samsung combo to install the OS.
The Hdd is a normal parallel ATA, not configured as raid or scsi.
Everything other than mandrake seems to work! Is tried suse and that was also installed.There is nothing mentioned about this on mandrakes site.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
If ur BIOS has an enable Plug/play option , enable it...

ine too got the same problem but after enablin this it installed k.

mediator

Technomancer
Nah Since ur configuration new and mandrake 10.1 is geting old now, so its possible that ur configuration is not supported.
Alternately u can download the latest configuration modules from net or install Mandrake 10.2 !!
Neways FC3 is superb why did u uninstall it??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom