No anti alising effect HD 6870

Shekhar5

Broken In
Hello guys,

First something about my PC
Mobo= Intel DH55TC, Micro-ATX Form Factor, LGA1156 Socket Type, Dual Channel DIMM Memory, PCIe x16 Slots, Generation 1, 2.0.

Processor= Intel 3.06 GHz LGA 1156 Core i3-540.

RAM= two sticks, total 4 GB.

Monitor= LG2041 20 inches with 1600*900 resolution@75Hz.

GPU= HIS Radeon 6870 1 GB.

PSU= Corsair CMPSU-600CXV2UK 600 Watts.

Friends whatever game I play I do not see any effect of anti alising. Even I selected highest settings for anti alising from CCC and within the game simultaneously. I also turned on V sync because in Prototype 2, Bad Company 2 and Sniper Elite V2, I was getting more then 80 FPS, but no difference.I played Crysis 2, Prototype 2, Bad Company 2 and Sniper Elite V2. In Crysis 2 and Bad Company 2 it is not that weird (though it is not good anti alising in these games too) but in other two games every building looks like a chainsaw running.

Please help me friends as despite having a good graphic card on a small resolution I am facing this problem and it spoils the feel and the fun of the gaming.:-(

skywalker5555

Broken In
As far as i knw the use of anti-aliasing is to smoothed the jagged surfaces , V sync is totally different it locks ur frames so tht ur fps does nt fluctuate to much ...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - just to be sure .. are you using the latset display drivers ( from AMD's website ) ?? and latest Directx runtime package.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
temp is completely OK .. reset every settings to their default in CCC .. use only in game AA/AF settings with latest game patches and make sure games are running at your monitor's native resolution .. set your monitor refresh rate to 60 Hz and disable V sync in game settings.

OP
S

Shekhar5

Broken In
I did not change any settings in CCC and I removed it from start up items too,because it takes more time for computer to boot. First I tried to enhance graphic settings from within the game and I saw no improvement then I changed settings from CCC to get some results but to no avail. My monitor supports up to 75Hz at native resolution I tried to play at this setting then I changed the refresh rate to 60Hz for native resolution but no improvement. First V sync was off so I thought that it may be the reason for this tearing as GPU is providing more frames than my monitor can display(I was getting about 90 FPS when V sync was off ) then I turned on V sync but nothing happened.

I think it is all related to AMD thing otherwise when I had played this same game with Nvidia GT 440 1 GB there was no such problems. GT 440 is less powerful then HD 6870 but it was delivering same performance or you can say better than HD 6870. People have right doubt about AMD's performance.

I overclocked my CPU and RAM, can this be the cause behind all this??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
cpu OC can't be the reason the issue you're facing and talking about GT440 and HD6870 - HD6870 is lot better - still if you want you can disable cpu OC and try and make sure the pci-e bus frequency is locked at 100 Mhz under bios settings.

When you turn on vsync the game FPS should be locked at ~75 FPS or ~60 FPS depending on the monitor refresh rate.

OP
S

Shekhar5

Broken In
I talked to the customer care from where I purchased this GPU (Flipkart.com) and he asked me lots of details about this problem and told me that after consulting their technical team he will tell me in 24 hours. He told me that they will try to solve it and if they find that GPU is faulty then they will replace it.

Friends what should I do?? Should I RMA this card?? Can such problem be the ground on which I should seek RMA. If they try to spoof me, I must know these things.

Top Bottom